Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarox

What do you guys think? Looking for your opinions on this. Why you're for/against this idea.
  2. Huxer

For it! One east coast to rule them all. One east coast server to bind them.
    • Up x 14
  3. Vinny

I would quit the game in a heartbeat . I intentionally chose a different server then the goons from somethingawful.com. They pretty much go out of their way to ruin peoples experiences in games , and since SoE has terrible customer service , and most of the time nothing happens to those who do such things , I'd rather migrate to something else
  4. IamDH

I believe this has been discussed a lot. A waterson mattherson merge might increase the general population but it would cause an even larger imbalance in population (which is arguably the game's worst problem)
    • Up x 12
  5. Astraka

Would love the additional population (especially VS!), would loathe the additional drama.
  6. Alarox

How so?

(Just using arbitrary numbers to make my point.)
    If Waterson has 75 NC, 50 TR, and 25 VS, that is roughly 50/33/17% for populations.
    If Matterson has 75 NC, 50 TR, and 25 VS, that is roughly 50/33/17% for populations.

If you combine them that is 150 for NC, 100 for TR, and 50 VS, and that is still roughly 50/33/17% for populations.

This is probably how a merge would turn out. Both servers seem to have NC > TR > VS by similar amounts, so the population percentages would remain the same.
  7. The deli mane

I'm all for it, we must replenish the hunting grounds. :D
  8. MasterCheef

i play on matherson, i have plenty of large fights and hit a que at least once a week. Populatrion seems FINE from my standpoint. I dont even play during prime time hours much

NO THANKS

plus the fact that you guys would STILL complain about "the game is dying, we need a merge" no matter what. Its like a sick obsession with wanting the game to fail and being the first to ring the "doom bell"
    • Up x 9
  9. DQCraze

I was opposed to this initially but there has been a noticeable population drop to the point where only one continent is viable during primetime.

Personally I think game stability has hurt this game more then all the balance patches combined. I can't even switch continents now without freezing and the amount of times the platoon lead crashes and we have to beg the next person to give it back is ridiculous. I'm spending to much time logging back into the game and screwing around with readjusting battle plans, it's sucking the fun out of the game. I'm finding myself logging earlier after that last crash I'm just thinking, screw it I'm done.

Hopefully they can fix all the bugs and we can get more people playing again, I guess my only question is, what happens when everyone does come back and our server is now hyper populated?
    • Up x 3
  10. Alarox

By "queue once per week" what exactly do you mean? For a single continent?
  11. DJPenguin

I'd be for it once Hossin is released unless the future continent locking will assure that only like 2 continents are available at any one time.
  12. K2k4

I'm for it under the condition that the combined server be named Jaeger.

I miss Jaeger.
    • Up x 12
  13. NoctD

For - pops.
    Against - Mattherson is pure toxic.
    • Up x 2
  14. Maelthra

They should rename it Konried so I can feel like I'm reliving my PS1 glory days.
  15. JorgeSarcos

16. DQCraze

Another urban myth...you're better off believing in the boogeyman.
    • Up x 4
  17. Alarox

Well...

At worst, your faction would only be able to fight on your home continent as you were pushed back.
    At best, your faction would have 3 continents available to fight on.
    Assuming equal territory control though, it would be a 3 way fight for Hossin with each home continent locked and each Battle Island having a 2 way fight.
  18. eldarfalcongravtank

waterson already has high latency for me, so no. i would not like a merge AS LONG AS they operate these terrible third-world-country servers
  19. Posse

Lol, that's an exaggeration, I played in Jaeger and then Waterson for almost a year, then started playing Mattherson, it's exactly the same, the only difference is the faction pops.
    • Up x 6
  20. Dead soldier

No because PREY+QRY=No flying on Indar, ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.