[Guide] One shot-One kill? Vote here.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kaisuke7, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaphell

given that all weapons have ridiculously crappy bullet velocity, i'd say it's not exactly trivial in midrange and beyond. That's not something cqc rambos even notice, but it does affect longer ranges hard.
    i can't hit alerted enemy with SAS-R even if my life depended on it, i haven't got used to how slow the bullet is.

for very different values of 'sometimes'.
    Short of exploiting the netcode you can't really evade a stream of bullets, with good aim bloom on aggregate will produce a 2digit percent chance to hit the target and that's what happens. If you drop on someone and catch him with pants around ankles he's dead. Bolt action is 1 all-or-nothing chance every 2 seconds. If you go for bodyshots and need 3hits that's 4 seconds from the initial hit, and that's assuming your shots were flawless. Medkit? HA shield?

somewhat paradoxically the target will get away more often with more powerful rifles (and that is bs, because their RoF is supposed to be sacrificed for some serious killing power). When i used longshot it was pretty much lethal headshot or go home as the victim was not willing to cooperate and stay in place for 2 or 3 seconds required to majestically chamber another bullet, while during farming much faster reloading nc14 i was able to take a hail mary potshot in the very last possible moment to finish the job. Quick players were still able to get away with ease.

It is if your playstyle depends on 100% ohk for survivability.
  2. meaturama

Wow I have about 8k kills as a sniper and I never noticed that nanoweave 2 prevents a OHK. I maybe do 85% headshots at all ranges (prefer like really long range) with my rams and every time I jack someone's head they die. I've shot a dude just inside the render range (i don't know how many metres that is) and he died. Also, I've been shot by a sniper at crazy range as a HA with nanoweave 5 full health and shields and I died so I don't know...

Maybe no one on Briggs wears nanoweave.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cyno

I have the solution! Incendiary Sniper rounds. its an explosive bullet. please, get shot in the head with that and then get back to me. ;)
  4. Vikingo

I was replying to "Get2dachoppa" who sought to nullify my argument by bringing up my stats.

I understand your point Vaphell, I just dont agree with it.
    I mean I agree that NW rank 2 is a to small cert investment to stop a OHK. In my oppinion it should be tweaked so only rank 5 can stop it.
    This game is free to play, people will grow tired of it and quit, new players will join and also Flak Armor is considered more valuable than NW, so I dont see how Nanoweave will be more than an annoyance for snipers really.

You are a sensible guy so I guess we just have to agree that we disagree. :)
  5. Eldorel

Honestly, if you HAVE to have NW negate a headshot, at least leave us a soft spot. Make it really hard and skill based to get a OHK from range, that's fine. I play snipers for the challenge of that headshot, and the harder the shot the better it feels.

The last time I logged in, I spent 25 minutes making headshots on a VS platoon that was defending an elevated base.

27 headshots later, I had racked up a grand total of TWO kills.

I don't want to pick off the wounded or focus on low BR players or randoms that don't know about NW yet, I want to hunt experienced and coordinated groups that offer a challenge.

I don't care if I have to shoot the guy in the left eye after bouncing the shot off of a wall because he has a magical helmet of bulletsponge, but extremely difficult and completely impossible are two different things.

I have completely quit playing because of this.

I have 2 SC cards that I bought for my room mate and I that have been sitting on my desk UNUSED for over a month, and I have a bonus key from NVIDIA's video card promo that I still haven't used. I'm going to try playing again during the coming holiday weekend. If this hasn't changed, all of those cards are going on amazon, and I'm walking for good.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kaisuke7

I don't hate nanoweave. I love that fact I can survive a few bullets but to survive something the devs. said is intended to b a ohk to the head, I want fix. Your ignorance is blinding your logic.

I know what you proposing and it sound to me like a kid crying to be save from his lack of tactics in the game. Your not just debating me here, you debating what the devs' said and hundreds of other people, you think we all would have say yah that a good idea Mythicrose, But because it is NOT, we question you logic and understand of the class itself.

Iv'e known since beta about the head shots problem and its started off slow but has progressively become much worse if you actually played as a sniper more that 5mins you'd understand. Your finally right about something you wont change mind, so keep your silly idea coming. Im not under the impression, I know a bolt action should be a 1 shot kill to the head, it's been that way in ever game ever made. And the devs said themselves.

Their high damage but slow reload begs for headshots, and only a Heavy with his shields turned on has a chance to survive a hit to the face from one of these bad boys.
    https://www.planetside2.com/news/large-caliber-snipers
    Until you get this through your dense skull, you'll continue to be willing ignorant.
  7. Vaphell

High BR platoon vs high BR platoon? Every other dude has NW5 as shown in Mustarde's video where he managed to score 6 non-lethal HS in 1.5min, 1 every 15 seconds.
    So playing sniper is ok but not go where fully decked out big boys do their business? That sounds an awful lot like a second class citizen to me.
    If snipers were killing machines you think they are they wouldn't be considered mostly worthless by majority of outfits even months ago, now NW and recent IFF change (aka nerf) are pretty much the final blows. Competitive players in general think that if if you don't sport SMG you are just a pet to hack a terminal or two and spam darts.

in the long run cert investment does not matter. BTW i maxed flak and it doesn't give me any magical perk at max rank. I'd love to survive tank shell or RL to the face. 1200c is nothing in the long run and passives don't deserve bonus perks even at max level because max level will be there sooner or later.

Considered by whom? It is considered more valuable only for legacy reasons by people who are not current with the balance changes, bug fixes, etc, who just log in from time to time and shoot people. Most people remember lolpodders, libfarmators, HE prowlers that were undisputed rulers of the game, all while NW was advertised as an unimpressive health buff.

Being able to molest noobs is not a good justification. Everybody can do that but not everybody sees his primary weapon slide into obsolescence. They have mods that tighten CoF and add more bullets to mags.

High BR player >>> low rank INF even with good aim
    it should be skill vs skill (good aim in subsecond windows of opportunity vs shuffle) not skill vs skill and when it fails get out of jail free card.
  8. Mythicrose12

Resorting to insults does not reinforce your arguments. Those weapons are capable OHKs. That entire article doesn't even reference the use of nanoweave by your foes. So the above quoted statement does hold true. If other suit options were more attractive, you'd have even fewer people wearing nanoweave. Actually, I believe nanoweave is a larger issue with scout rifles that don't get OHK potential (at any range) and are roughly in the effective range of carbines, lmgs, and ARs. It's also annoying to see nanoweave preventing people from dying to my prox mines, but I'm not raging about it on the forums.

Regardless, you're the only one arguing with me in this thread. Stop ignoring that those three weapons are capable of OHKs even if it isn't at extreme range. It happened to me just last night as a HA with max rank nanoweave. This game is constantly changing. I wouldn't be surprised if SOE released a new sniper rifle down the road (such as with the infiltrator update).
    • Up x 1
  9. Eldorel

Ok, allow me sum your respective positions up in a slightly different manner.

A bolt action rifle is a single shot weapon, period.
    With the reload times, you DO NOT have the option of a second shot.
    This is especially true when you account for the need to duck/cloak/cover in order to prevent being spotted.

Between the tracers, slow reload, small magazine, and minimap dots using them within 100 yards is a pretty bad idea unless you're hiding inside a bush or under a sunderer taking cheap shots.

The result of this is that when using one of these rifles, a player has chosen to completely trade the ability to survive against a medium or close range opponent for the ability to kill an opponent who only gives a small window of opportunity. ( Good combat medics are masters of this.)

Additionally, with the long bullet travel times, dropoff and the relatively small target area these rifles take skill to use effectively at range.

Many of us have put in hundreds of hours learning to use these rifles because we felt that the benefits outweighed the negatives.

In it's current form, NW can completely render this skill useless.

This means that my $10 OHK rifle is no longer a OHK, and the lack of medium and close range capability I traded away gets me killed because my shot did nothing but tell the target and his friends where I was hiding.

At the same time, mines and vehicles cost resources to provide their own version of a OHK.
    Even with maxed out armor a direct hit is still a OHK.

You argue that the resource expense is a good justification for these units to have a OHK, but how do those resources compare to the hours spent learning to be effective with an incredibly specialized weapon, the initial expense to unlock something that literally has ONLY ONE PURPOSE, the time needed to get into a good position, and the time spent trying to get BACK into that position after someone spots my tracer fire?

I can drive a tank over you, shoot you with a cannon, or have my gunner shoot you with a rocket all while ignoring small arms fire and moving along in a convoy that acts as large scale ablative shielding.

Meanwhile, my infiltrator is slowly climbing up a wall two bases deep in enemy territory hoping to get into position before the convoy gets here.
    • Up x 3
  10. Kaisuke7

See what you failing to realize is they are talking about nanoweave in this article, they say only a heavy with shield on has a chance to survive, this is saying no one else besides a max will even have a chance to survive, otherwise that would be false advertising. You saying im raging yet your the one coming on here trying to defend something a large majority of the community see's is broken. Why even waste you time finding a bug to defend and trying to convince my your right when you clear not.
    Oh you experience it, when you didn't get a kill you felt justified for pin point aim. You said to yourself, yah that perfectly fair I highly doubt it; Now imagine that for every shot you take. If you want this change make a thread on every other forum and cry to them, but posting this nonsense on the infiltrator forums, your asking to be hanged. You can waste your time trying to convince me that these bolt actions are find. But you'll soon find your wasting your time. But by all means, shot me more of you silly ideas about the bolt actions.
  11. Curse_Gamerkin

How is this thread a huge TL DR thread about situation and stats. A shot to the F*in head with a .50cal should kill you, simple.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mythicrose12

There's nothing in that article that implicity refers to nanoweave armor. You are making that assumption. There is no false advertising going on there. The article is over six months old when few people were heavily certed in to nanoweave. Please, show me specifically where that article speaks of nanoweave being a non-factor for those sniper rifles (and not something implied by your own interpretation of the article).

The only thing I'm trying to do is showing the need for buffing explosions again and/or making other suit options attractive. You continually harp only about nanoweave as I'd continue to let it be the only suit option that prevents OHK from any range with a BASR. You keep ignoring my posts that would put more people in flak or other suit slots to a sniper's benefit.

If you feel it's a waste of time, perhaps you should try to get closer to the action. OHK is still possible with the parallax, longshot, and RAMS against nanoweave 5. Maybe you don't feel comfortable enough with your sniping skills to get in that range. You continually do yourself a disservice by resorting to insults. They don't make your arguments stronger.

I've proposed buffing explosions and making other suits attractive in various places in the forums, not just the infiltrator thread. The very vocal minority (you and half a dozen others) are the only ones actively complaining. There's been far more whine about how silent LA jet packs were in the past. C-4 remains huge on the whine list. BASR vs nanoweave is only an issue because of it forcing you to get closer to the target. Better alternative suit slots would aid your perceived issue. But by all means, carry on.
  13. Eldorel

Buffing flak armor might decrease nanoweave use overall, but important targets like medics, engineers, sunderer drivers, and pilots are going to still cert out nanoweave.

Us, and the 16 other people who thumbed this thread up, and the 30 who thumbed up this thread, or the nearly 3 THOUSAND players who have been following the threads related to this.

'Closer' is 100m-150m, nanoweave 5 is forcing us into the 20-30 meter range.even with nanoweave 1 I have to be within 100m.

Since you aren't paying attention to the other threads on this, i'll add the table for this here:

[IMG]

A light assault with NW5 can kill you with a KNIFE before you finish reloading.
  14. DG-MOD-02

Please note that polls and petitions are not permitted on these forums per the SOE Forum Guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.