[Guide] One shot-One kill? Vote here.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kaisuke7, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get2dachoppa

Was just now inside an Amp Station on my low TR alt. Was playing my medic and at a full sprint when I took a headshot from a sniper. But since I had NW3, I survived, healed right back up, then later went along and killed 4 people. Including 2 Infiltrators, one I'm assuming was probably the one that shot me. I almost wanted to say "LOL Nanoweave!" in chat.
  2. Vikingo

You were one of those who originally cought on to this bug werent you?

Perhaps you are right.
    I have mostly been light assaulting the last week so I havent sniped much but up to that week I did not notice any increase of people who didnt die from a headshot. People still seem convinced that Flak Armor is superior to Nanoweave.

I agree that NW 2 shouldnt stop a headshot kill, however rank 4 or 5 is such a heavy cert investment that it should and I say this as a Infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kaisuke7

Did you read what the devs. wrote? thats all the prove you need this is a bug. Or maybe they're lying about that article?
    Funny how most of them where infiltrators sniping, And anyone with some since would run with extra ammo. So of course its gonna be a 1 shot. And it's even more obvious that the ppl in this game are newbies, Just watching how the play and react tells me how much experience they actually have. You get a hold platoon running NW5 its hell for sniping and that's whats been going on.
    Pay---------to------------------------------------------------------------------------win
    1211 certs to Survive a head shot from a long range weapon design for ohks.
  4. Curse_Gamerkin

i have thousands of sniper kills, wonder how many i actually headshot and got away because of NW.
  5. Curse_Gamerkin

How long til SOE comes out with a NEW sniper with more damage for OHK that looks exactly like the SR-7 again and not fix the animation for longer reload times. Funny how a .50 cal cant kill with a shot to the head.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vaphell

yes. Initially we thought that devs handpicked some oddball headshot multiplier around 1.85 for bolt action but that still didn't explain perceived reality. Descriptions + that weird multiplier couldn't explain NW5 infs surviving headshots. Think the unthinkable and come up with an idea than the NW is where the issue is. Mystery solved.

sure, a lot depends on your playstyle, if you are mostly shooting at people stalled and pinned down in the meatgrinder or drop on the roof when they look the other way, sniping is relatively easy - silencer, well into the ohk range = nice killstreak.
    If you on the other hand take the long way around the battlefield (i always flank right off the bat) and can't afford not to one-shot people NW is a pain because it introduces unpredictable element of gambling. You spend a minute or two just to prepare a position and then a single slip-up caused by NW means cloaking asap and bolting through the enemy ranks to the other nearest cover like a headless chicken praying it doesn't have enemies hiding there. That gets old fast.
    It's a low risk, low reward playstyle only if you discount the huge time investment on getting to the low risk spot in the first place and the huge penalty on death (all the legwork wasted)

you ignore the power creep. NW5 is its logical end. At the beginning 1211c was A LOT, now it's sorta quite a bit certs but not that much, in a year it will be 'i got 5k certs in a bank, what am I supposed to do with them?'.
    You also ignore the experience of n00b infs who are pitted against br100 people with nw5 and pinpoint accurate weapons, who are experienced enough to shuffle a lot which is a powerful counter in itself. It's hard to come up with a more onesided, frustrating match.
    Fail at 30m with your default(nc)/100c(tr/vs) rifle = death penalty.
  7. BloodyG

+1 i thnk they should just raise the Heatshot multi so we can OhK everything, only HA with Shield should survive, NW5 or not that would be the perfect solution. I didn't pay 7€ for a longshot to see Eng\LA\Infi\Medic laughin aboute a Headshot...
    • Up x 2
  8. Vaphell

after they introduced headshot sound it's easy to recognize non-lethal headshot. Bodyshot sound is plain and rather unimpressive but headshot has that additional echo as if you hit a hollow thing (maybe emulating helmet/airhead?)
  9. Curse_Gamerkin

i thought that only if your the one hit in the head, and thats new, ive played for months since beta.
  10. Vaphell

I think sounds for headshots on both ends of the stick were introduced in the same patch

here you can here the *thunk* sound clearly. If you get it, you scored HS.
  11. Mythicrose12

Explosions just need buffed (as much as I hate to say that). Change Nanoweave and Flak armor so people need to chose between surviving near hits by tanks/aircraft and mines or OHK for sniper rifles (or up to two extra bullets from other weapon categories). Tanks and aircraft cost more now, so this may be a (more) valid argument than what it was a few weeks ago. Explosions of all sorts have had multiple tweaks.
  12. Vikingo

Ofcourse Buzzcut is shooting mostly infiltrators, they are the least moving class on the field. And there is acctually nothing wrong with it. First priority when sniping is Medics and second is the enemy infiltrators as they are the biggest threat to you.

I am not saying that the bug does not exist, I have known about it since it was first discovered. What I am arguing about is that Nanoweave is not ruining sniping so much as you make it out to be.

Lets clarify "Pay to Win". Pay to win is to be able to buy things for real money to achieve an in game advantage ok, and since you cant buy Nanoweave for real cash but instead have to earn those certifications by playing the game it is not "pay to win", got it.

I see your point, however that is true for any class or vehicle in the game. The heavily certed anything will be frustrating for new beginners. There should be counters for everything but you have to specialize, that is the whole point of a combined arms game.

I have NW 5 on 3 classes so I cant be headshotted but instead I die when I step on a mine etc..etc
    • Up x 1
  13. TrainerS2

Almost all FPS i played there head +bullet in it = death ( I play all games on hard mode )
    And here hit box and movments are litle bug (compere to some good games i played )
    But if there is chose that headshoot didint kill me i just will use it cose it wil mess up an will be OP
  14. Vaphell

It is when it punishes greatly your individual playstyle that was just fine 2 or 3 months ago. I flank a lot, alone, more often than not there is no meatshield that would draw attention off my back. I depend on OHKs (often in tiny windows of opportunity), it's literally 90% of my defense because let's be frank - cloak is crap once the hounds pick up the scent.
    Being forced within 30m with lesser rifles makes the whole business so hard it's not funny. You can't really use cloak that close, because at 30m the sound is painfully obvious especially in less noisy areas (it's audible up to 100m with mediocre headphones). If you think about ambushing that car workshop in the back where engineers repair damaged tanks pulled from the front line better forget that the cloak exists. Inf is the only class that can't use its ability at will.
    Ever had a tank driver you wanted to take down to jump instantly in his tank only because your cloak went off 50m away?
    And it's not like a single ESF or flash with maxed scout radar parked conveniently doesn't nullify your whole attempt.

the difference here it's equally frustrating for bolt action users of all battle ranks. Beginner or top dog, doesn't matter. Your weapon can't be made any better to offset TTK greatly increased by a relatively affordable and very useful passive. You can't specialize even more, there is no 1000c Skull Piercing ammo for us to show dedication and further specialization (as if the top tier rifles werent specialized enough with their dog slow RoF).
    Raw power of sniper rifles doesn't depend on certs at all, it's constant, while everything else goes up in power with certs = nerf in relative terms.

happens, but only if you are in the very center of explosion which is very small (AP mines had their radii nerfed some time back). You survive in the outer blast zone just fine.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kaisuke7

Your saying that it's not ruining the game yet you haven't came across a platoon running NW5? It is bad now and it need to be fixed other wise we wouldn't be on here tryn to get stuff fixed. What happens later when more and more people learn about this and cert into it? There will be kills from only within 100m. That's assault rife distance. Your saying, yah its a bug, but don't fix it, it hasn't became a big problem yet(you are highly mistaken sir). Yet your speaking on the behalf of the different severs that you haven't even played.
    I see your using a outdated definition of the term pay-to-win. It's not just cash, but items that other wise make you superior in the game. For exp. they payed to beat me in long range, they bought NW5 just so they can stand around carelessly.(which now makes them about 95% better than all my skillful aiming) Pay-to-win. Your think of the basic term but this type of pay-to-win is much more game breaking than the original meaning.
  16. McToast

Moin

It's funny, I've never seen the following sentence in the description of NW: "With it's enormous healthboost Nanoweave Armor is designed to counter even the hardest hitting sniper rifles." I don't get why some people think that NW was designed to render the sniper aspect of the infiltrator class rather useless.
    In my opinion it would be the best solution to increase the distance before dmg dropoff kicks in. 150m for t1 bolt actions, 175 for t2, 200 for t3. After all, these are rifles designed for extreme ranges.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 2
  17. Kaisuke7

Here's the problem with yellow high lighted, Your say survive near hits by tanks/aircraft and mines suggesting that if its a direct hit it should be a OHK correct? Yet you say survive OHKs from sniper rifles, which is the infiltrator making a direct hit to the skull. So what your saying is Keep OHKs for vehicles yet take the tiny abject away that allows OHKs for a BASR. A near/body-shot hit with a sniper rifle is, you survive. Yet your saying take away the very element of the weapon that was intend in the first place? Please explain your logic.
  18. Mustarde

This constant arguing makes me tired.

Just freakin increase the BA multiplier so I know that a HS is a kill. If the devs didn't want snipers in the game, they wouldn't have put sniper rifles in the game. If they didn't want OHK weapons, they wouldn't have put them in the game. On release, everything worked fine in this dynamic, but at some point they doubled the nanoweave benefit, and we went from NW5 preventing OHK's to NW2 preventing OHK's. Sure, you can say that the devs put this in the game on purpose too... and from what I can see, it appears to be true. I believe they did this on purpose so that nanoweave would let you survive up to 2 additional rounds with max NW... from a carbine/LMG. The unintended consequence is survival of BASR rounds at falloff distance when using NW. It started as a small problem but with publicity and cert creep, it's now on half the morons I come across on Mattherson.

I had some idiot BR10 stand around in the middle of an amp station today. I lined him up and took the shot, and watched as he ran to cover and spotted me, for the rest of his allies to see on their minimap. I cloak up, relocate, kill a few guys before getting hunted down and killed. All I could think about is how nanoweave allowed me to become compromised, spotted and hunted down. All because of a BR10. humph
    • Up x 1
  19. lilleAllan

ruh roh after that wild claim you can expect a forumsider to demand you post your stats.
  20. Vikingo

I did..... :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.