[Guide] One shot-One kill? Vote here.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kaisuke7, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythicrose12

You're a bit dense. In what I described, a person would have to choose between surviving that OHK from a sniper rifle but would not survive AP mines, grenades, vehicle splash. All of which nanoweave 5 currently lets a person survive in addition to a OHK from a sniper rifle. Make explosions matter again. People will gravitate more toward flak meaning they are vulnerable to head shots from further distance.

You make a mountain out of a mole hill complaining about the issue as a whole. Not everyone wears nano weave. Not everyone is always at full health.
  2. Vaphell

no way of telling
    no way of telling

We have to manage these things, other classes don't.
  3. Kaisuke7

It appears to me your the dense one here sir. You come on here asking that ohks from BASRs to be stop even to the head just so people can stand around carelessly. Yet you neglect to say tanks or any vehicles for that matter would seize to be an ohk from a direct hit.
    I agree about increasing the protection against flak damage more, but to survive a direct hit from any slow firing weapon justifies an ohk. You come here trying to making a mole hill out of a planet. It seem to me you have been sniped so much that you need to come on these forums to keep things as broke as possible even thought we have well know infiltrator agreeing that this is broken. Not everyone is at full hp you say, so your saying, BASRs should only be able to kill people with left over hp. There should be no option to survive a direct hit from a manual/slow firing/ or slow reloading weapon.
  4. Mythicrose12

No....I'm saying explosions need to matter again. People would pick their poison. By picking flak armor people would survive mines, grenades, near misses from tanks but be fully vulnerable to OHK shots from a BASR. By picking nanoweave, people would survive OHK by BASR but would not survive AP mines, grenades, near misses from tanks. Why can't you seem to grasp that? Currently nanoweave 5 is enough to survive it all. I'm wanting that to be changed.
  5. Get2dachoppa

And for good reason. When someone claims follow up body shots are not difficult without consideration for other circumstances, and the person making the claim only has 43% accuracy with their primary sniper rifle....well, I wouldn't be inclined to take what they say very seriously on the subject.
  6. haldolium

I am against OHK headshots...

Not because it's how it should be for snipers but because the gameplay makes it horrible for countering right now. If you die, you have no ******* clue whatsoever where you were shot from. On the contrary, if you survive right now the sniper entirely exposed it's position due to tracers...

So all in all, there are details like that would need to change first.
  7. lilleAllan

Counterpoint: If a person is actually spending time getting better at hitting moving targets instead of head shotting sitting ducks like most infiltrators, then his accuracy will be a tad lower. If they guy claimed to consistently shoot at moving targets and had abnormally high accuracy, then that would be more odd.
  8. Kaisuke7

I see what your saying, But your not understanding that there's a difference between a direct hit and a near miss. You say flak should be about to survive near misses I agree. But what you have yet to say is that they can survive direct shots for a vehicle with flak armor.
    You say Nanoweave should be about to survive the direct hit (to the head?), this my friend is not a near miss, this is a highly skilled shot to a tiny target.
    Vehicles direct hit is a body shot which would still be an ohk. Flak armor would reduce flak damage or near misses close to hitting there body.
    BASRs direct hit is a head shot 6 x smaller. Nanoweave would allow them to survive the direct ohk hit along with near miss body shots.
    Do you see now what you saying?
  9. Mythicrose12

Yes, a direct hit by the tank cannon or a dalton (maybe zepher too) will be a OHK. Near misses will do greatly reduced damage to those wearing flak.

Yes. Nanoweave in my proposal will prevents a OHK from a BASR. Keep in mind that all explosives besides AV mana turrets and HA rockets cost resources to use (infantry resources for mines and grenades, vehicle resources for tanks, harassers, ESFs, etc). Your sniper can spawn for free unlike vehicles. It is possible to run out of grenades, mines, etc purchased with infantry sources.

As proposed, if nanoweave didn't prevent the explosions from OHK on the above, people will be more inclined in to use Flak armor again. More people in flak, means more people vulnerable to OHK from sniper rifles.
  10. Vaphell

sniper's victim can spawn for free as well, so it's not like sniping is on the same level as free AV owning non-free mech 15 seconds after it spawned. Shouldn't you be rallying against perceived unfairness of that in the first place?
  11. Mythicrose12

Why? If I want to protect against OHK from a sniper I can't see, I could use nanoweave armor but leaving me more vulnerable to all explosives. I might be playing a different planetside than you, but I see no shortage of explosives be it grenades, mines, c-4, rockets, UBGL, tank shelling, daltons, and zephers.

If nanoweave wasn't a catch all for everything, you snipers wouldn't be ******** as much about it. Make explosives matter. People will equip Flak again. More Flak means more OHK for you. Those wearing nanoweave would still be a counter to you, but coudn't counter explosives (your AP mines would OHK them even at max rank nanoweave).
  12. Vaphell

I was owned so many times by things i couldn't see and dealt with it. I also was OHKed by many things i could see, but was completely defenseless against, like pretty much any thing mechanical with powerful cannon. Guess which one is more frustrating to me. I prefer to die right off the bat not knowing it's coming than to experience *bam*, run, wabbit, run! buhahahaha, ruuuun! *bam* *bam*

many of us were saying months ago, when the nanoweave issue only began to surface, that it's fundamentally wrong to make balance assumptions on the weapon/counter pairs based on the current state of metagame because moods of the population are a fickle thing. "Everything is peachy because HE, flak and nanites"... who's vindicated now? As you can see one or two nerfs to some entirely unrelated element of the puzzle and we are now screwed hard.
    If you never think about what would happen to general utility of the class given the hardcore counter to said class being rolled en masse, you are doing game design wrong. Paying attention to corner cases is programming 101 but apparently game devs are not familiar with the concept and don't talk to their programmers at all.
  13. Kaisuke7

Your logic is flawed sir. Because you only want BASRs ohk to be prevented, yet vehicle should be able to body shot you and ohk. So tell me, why do you want to be about to survive a head shots from a bolt action sniper rifle? I play other classes and I don't find a problem with it, If I stop moving or im in a bad spot, I know im sniper meat, but to have armor to stop that persons well placed shot is like telling a kid you never be anything in life. If they kill me, first I get happy cuz some is actually still sniping these days, then I hop on my infiltrator and hunt them down. You see you get sniped and whine, I get sniped and call it a nice shot and accept the challenge.
  14. Mythicrose12

BASR ohk would only be prevented if the user had nanoweave armor (meaning that player would be OHK for mines, grenades, tank/dalton splash). Flak armor would prevent OHKs from mines, grenades, tank/dalon splash but NOT direct body shots with a tank nor a headshot from a BASR.

I've repeated this several times. What aren't you grasping? Buffing explosions to the point nanoweave 5 won't save a person (this is currently a function nanoweave has) makes Flak Armor an attractive choice for players. Likewise, as people once again start using Flak armor, they are vulnerable to OHK from a BASR.

Simply put, what I would like to see changed :

Nanoweave : Extra health/protection against infantry weapons (just as it is). Does not impact survival against explosives.
    Flak armor : Extra health/protection against all forms of explosives. Does not impact survival against infantry weapons.

I don't know your playstyle, nor how close you are to the main fighting. There's no shortage of explosions, though. Currently my nanoweave 5 is a go to choice as I can survive mines, tank splash damage, a few extra rounds from an auto matic weapon, and of course a head shot from a tier 3 sniper rifle at distances greater than 30 m.
  15. Kaisuke7

What you suggesting goes against what was intended in the first place. read here.https://www.planetside2.com/news/large-caliber-snipers
    You want only vehicles to OHK no matter what, well then take nerf pump actions, and rock launcher. Like I said before, If I stop moving or im in a bad spot, I know im sniper meat, but to have armor to stop that persons well placed shot is like telling a kid you never be anything in life. If they kill me, first I get happy cuz some is actually still sniping these days, then I hop on my infiltrator and hunt them down. You see you get sniped and whine, I get sniped and call it a nice shot and accept the challenge.
    I get what you saying and its perfectly clear that you cant handle being ohk with a bolt actions, but anything else is fine. You come on here crying about it when all you have to do is play smarter, but instead you ask for buff to completely craps on the meaning of a bolt action. Trying to justify a bug in the system. If im a sniper and your a sniper, and we are 300 meters apart, I line up my shot you line up yours, You pull the trigger land a clean head shot on me before I can, WOW very nice well done, BUT WAIT! I HAVE NANOWEAVE 5, your skills are point less, You wish you had another sec to line up that 2nd shot you seem to think you always get, but you get drop by me not cuz im better, but because I had something to make up for my lack of skill. You see, Keep your silly ideas and logic coming, I have something for them all kido.
  16. Get2dachoppa

What was clearly stated was that follow up body shots are not difficult. If they aren't difficult, then I'd expect someone to have better than low 40% accuracy. Normally I'm not one to criticize another player's stats, but in this case I feel its justified.

Speaking of follow up shots...had a new record today for closest headshot that did not result in a kill. Approx. 38m with a silenced V10. Distance should be pretty accurate to within a meter or so as the target was next to a vehicle terminal. Follow up shot was impossible because I was at a lower elevation so all they had to do was back up to break line of sight. Which is why I've stated there is more to making follow up body shots then just squeezing the trigger one more time. You don't make the kill on the first shot, odds are good you lost your chance.
  17. lilleAllan

Your accuracy number, like K/D or any other stat, is cumulative.

Example: I have around the same K/D as you even though I typically have ended gaming sessions with a K/D of 3-5 the past many weeks. This is due to me playing terribly and dying a lot back when I started plaing, and then gradually improving.

Point is, your cumulative stats do not nescessarily reflect your current perfomance. Especially not in the case of accuracy since the guy probably have missed a great amount of shots before he learned to start hitting them.
  18. Vikingo

LilleAllan is right I couldnt snipe for **** when I started playing this game and I havent really played FPS games since Unreal Tournament (Classic).
    I dont know how you do it but I practice something until I am satisfied I can do it. I had trouble getting headshots, I spent time practise it, I had trouble hitting moving objects I practised it, I do this with every roll I play in this game. If I started a new charater now you would see better stats.

But let me ask you directly then as you felt the need to challange my point by criticising my stats.

Is it hard to get a bodyshot on a moving body in this game?

Of course your target will sometimes get away but that is true for every class or vehicle in the game so it is not something peculiar to the Infiltrator class.

I stand by my point, having 1 out of 5 (or whatever the ratio is) resist a bolt action round to the head is in no way ruining infiltrator gameplay.
  19. Hellhammer

20. Mythicrose12

Your hatred for nanoweave is blinding you to what I've proposed.

Yes, vehicles cost resources. A direct hit should be a OHK regardless of one's armor choice. Shotguns have been nerfed a couple times already. Rocket launchers require a direct hit to kill somone from full health.
    Kido? Resulting to insults, huh? Take a deep breath. Walk away from the computer. Relax. If you would actually read what I had proposed several pages ago, buffing explosions will help you snipers out. Removing nanoweaves current catch-all-can-survive-all mechanics to only boost health against infantry weapons is a buff to snipers. Make flak an attractive choice for people to pick, and you'll see many more OHKs from your bolt action rifles since the flak won't protect them. Likewise, those that run around with full nanoweave will be OHK from your AP mines.

I'm obviously not going to change your opinion. You seem to be under the impression that snipers should be able to OHK everything with impunity regardless of the other player's defenisve suit choices. Making flak armor more desirable (and other suit options) would greatly benefit snipers as a whole. You have so much rage, but nanoweave has been preventing OHK headshots since launch. However, explosions were a much greater threat so many people preferred flak armor over nanoweave. Focus your rage on reverting some of the explosive nerfs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.