Ok, now I'm pissed off - Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dkamanus, May 25, 2013.

1. PresidentFreeman

My friend has been crashing since the beginning, although I have only had a few crashes in my time with the game. He tried putting his page file to 10,000MB and it seemed to fix the issue for him, he lasted a whole session last night without a crash.

I'm sure it won't fix the issue for everyone, but it is at least one confirmed case.
  2. Marinealver

Welcome to crashside, been like that since the beta through the launch and every weekend.
  3. Trignite

malware bytes is a well known light weight scanner unlike other bloatware software, the only scanners i use are ccleaner and malware bytes. For the most part though you shouldn't be getting any malware if you stay away from public trackers and be careful where and what you download.

Malware is very unlikely to cause the game to crash anyway and even if you remove the executable there might still be traces of it left.
    • Up x 1
  4. OrrwrenX

Hello everyone!

I know there are several angry, irate individuals.... ( I certainly was one of them, crashing every 30 minutes and missing out on all the XP from Alerts really sucks)

However, I'm sure SOE is doing their best to find a solution to this issue...

With that said, I believe the fix I was presented with is the solution to my problem.

I spoke to a fancy customer representative (much love for Mr. Niall) and upon looking at my msinfo and dxdiag information, informed me that the problem was most likely due to the newest version of Nvidia drivers, the 320.18

If you're using Nvidia, and upgraded to the new drivers, released back on May 23rd... I recommend you downgrade back to the 314.22 version. I've been playing for 4 hours so far without any crashes to desktop! :D
    I am going to continue playing and update as need be.

Hopefully this helps you out. (A quick note, I have disabled Physx and downgraded from Ultra to High settings until I am absolutely sure everything works, then I'll try using those settings again)
  5. Yousho

Calm down, post some logs, post specs, post installed programs etc.
    Serisouly how do you expect them to even attempt to fix something like this if all they have to go on is: "It's crashing."?
    There's about 7 trillions things that could cause that.
    Also the fact that nothing else you;ve had crashes does not rule out the fact that it might be something to do with your PC.
    If it was a difinitive problem with the games files every single person would experience it, and they don't.

Something on your PC is disagreeing with Planetside 2. Have you tried messing with your Anti-Virus/Firewall settings? Creating an exception for Launcher.exe, Planetside2.exe and both awesomium_process.exe's? When you download and install Planetside 2 via the setup program have you tried disabling your Firewall/Anti-Virus?
  6. Trignite

This is only for people that have issues with physx anyway i am on 314.22 atm and i still got the issue on a clean install of win7 x64.

Tried a bunch of older drivers too - no go

would be good if you read posts in the thread rather then thinking you have an answer to everyone's problem.
  7. OrrwrenX

Well... I absolutely adore your smarmy ******* reply there bud.

"With that said, I believe the fix I was presented with is the solution to my problem."
    It appears you don't understand what a solution to MY problem means.
    I have a lot of respect for customer service, because I wouldn't be able to tolerate individuals like you.

I was offering but one possible solution in the hopes that it helped someone, but as with anything technical, there are times when there is not a one-solution-fits-all.

Anyhow, I've been playing for a week straight now since switching to Nvidia drivers 314.22, and I haven't crashed in a total of 30 hours. I hope SOE finds a solution for those still plagued with issues.
  8. johnukguy

"informed me that the problem was most likely due to the newest version of Nvidia drivers, the 320.18." It's also affecting AMD cards, so I'm glad your issue is fixed but it's not a universal solution. It may though be of use if it applies to other Nvidia users.
  9. WeaverMSI

Could people stop deflecting by pretending that this is a hardware issue? Every single player in my infantry platoon crashed out multiple times last night: I'm talking about 48 guys with completely dissimilar systems. 100% of the culpability for this rests with SOE.
  10. Mage177

FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!
  11. Nogrim313

i've done this three times and no change, my next move is to just uninstall and find a company that actually uses QA before they patch untested code to persistent worlds
  12. JohnnySahn

I wouldn't doubt that most of the people taking up for PS2 saying that everything is fine and that OUR system is the problem are probably being paid by Sony. This isn't a new tactic. I have NEVER had problems like this with ANY game. I can play BF4 just fine with NO issues and it has better gfx. I can't even play the game now due to BSOD as soon as the game starts among many other issues arising from this. I've never had a virus do damage to my PC like this game has done. I've reinstalled windows at least 3 times in the past two weeks. About to reinstall again. My system is just fine until I play this game. Everything runs smooth after a fresh windows install and then after a few days. I dropped $100 on this game and would like to at least play w/o the headache. Game is fun as hell! Reinstalling windows isn't.
  13. JohnnySahn

How can you devs expect to generate more money when people are quitting because of your buggy game? I wouldn't care if it were minor bugs but these are major. Not being able to play is extremely major. That is how you people get paid. If I can't play I can't buy more worthless station cash. Hell I would drop more $$ on this game if I could keep playing it. I'm seriously done with this game if it happens one more time.
  14. SabaT

I cannot find this file "ActivityUserData.ini"
    Its nowhere on my pc