Ok, now I'm pissed off - Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dkamanus, May 25, 2013.

1. Hobnail

Same here, it's a re-run of GU8. Solid until a few days into the update and then constant crashing over and over.

Tried all manner of drivers, cache clearing, file verifying but the crashes still happen.
  2. ElysianDawn

its not computer intesnse related nor is it driver related, ive tried 10 or so drivers dating from latest back to drivers of last year ( even ones released before the games beta was even here.) and my rig isn't some nub rig, it can handle anything I throw at it, so its nor gpu/cpu intensive,
    ive played since early beta up till now, and never crashed once until this gu09 update came, since I downloaded the update and started playing its crash after crash after crash
  3. GravitySmacked

Same problem, random CTD's since last game update. Running the latest Nvidia drivers with a GTX 780 and PhysX enabled.
    • Up x 1
  4. ElysianDawn

You my blind friend obviously don't read much, considering many many many people are having this issue, well gess what ITS NOT THE COMPUTERS ISSUES I mean atleast 100+ peoples computers all cant be low end and crappy and ontop of that not all the people are idiots that cant figure out whats going on, and considering everyone having this issue yet no one can find out exactly, then gess what, its either there systems/servers not holding up, or they have completely broken the game. so before replying some nonsence about ITS YOUR PC on such threads mabey you should go check the vast majority of the threads before inputting you no meaning sollution
  5. ElysianDawn

its not just briggs that crashes , I have multiple toons on multiple different servers and there all having the same issue
  6. AstroCat

It's not our systems (in most cases) but the game. Look at my post above that shows the extensive testing I've done on our 2 systems. It is the game, and yes I've re-downloaded the game, did that as one of the first things.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pyldrvr

NVIDIA 660 TI, 16 gigs of ram, connery server. I've always had a few crashes here and there, not nearly as many as most of my outfit members, but since the last patch I've been crashing like crazy before and after updating the Nvidia drivers. I think the updated nvidia drivers actually helped a little rather than caused more like some are reporting. I do have phys-x turned on.
  8. fredthefaillord

I've had the same issue, and reinstalled windows, steam, and planetside. I get crashes less frequently (30min to 1hr compared to 2-15min), but the crashes are always BSOD.
  9. XPTO77

My game crashes are faster if i go instant action, its almost instant as i land, for example i hit instant action no probelms.. i see the pod and can guide it.. as i land i can´t change weapons sometimes, or cloak, just running, but i can see other players and vehicles moving and shooting.. after a few seconds game crashes saying Planetside 2.exe has stopped working.

Another crash happened in wargate, some player starts shooting and my game crashes, dunno if it was just a coincidence but there it goes.

The game lasts longer if i go from the wargate to any location but after a few minutes it crashes again.

I haven´t changed anything in my PC and PS2 never crashed before GU09 so it must be something you guys are missing, i have deleted suggested files and cache, i even installed it fresh and its the same thing, i dunno what more to do.
  10. BlackDove

BS. My PC and a lot of others on here are better than yours, and we crash constantly. WTF telling people its their PC when they can run ANY other game just fine, but get crashes constantly in PS2.

All my drives are installed properly, and I have virtually nothing on my PC except a few games that ALL RUN EXCEPT THIS ONE.
  11. Juggernaut70

Since the last update, I started crashing every ten minutes of play or so (before I would crash after an hour and a half of play). Other's here mention if they disable PhysX the crashes go away. I absolutely LOVE PhysX and wanted to avoid disabling even though it brought stability in doing so.

I run everything at Ultra settings, but have noticed since the last update especially, I have to turn TEXTURE QUALITY down to high from Ultra. The game then can run with PhysX enabled without crashes for hours. Everything else is set to Ultra (except for Shadows and TEXTURE QUALITY).

Hope this helps PS2 identify the problem. It should also help all the PhysX lovers out there. o_O
  12. AstroCat

The crashes are all the f'ing time and it really f'ing sucks. It's been this way for over a month now, since GU7-4/24. It's 100% not my 2 systems and is 100% the f'ing stupid game. I'm getting totally sick of it crashing all the time and now it's worse than ever and PhysX doesn't make a difference on or off, it crashes and crashes. And I'm a f'ing damn paying member FIX THE DAMN GAME!

100% sick of this ****!
  13. LohaMoha

A found a solution for the crashes on Nvidia VGA and Windows 7 64bit. (confirmed on 3 different hardware configs)
    Possibly working on AMD hardware on Windows 7 32bit too.
    Root of the problem is the Windows 7 platform update KB2670838.
    It prevents the game launcher to close after the game starts, and causes the frequently crash while using terminals, exiting vehicles etc. The update comes with Internet Explorer 10, so if you remove it you can no longer use IE 10 after that, only IE 9.
    You need to remove the update to stop the crashes.
    How to uninstall update 2670838:
    To uninstall update 2670838, follow these steps:
    Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
    Click View installed updates.
    Click Update for Microsoft Windows (KB 2670838), and then click Uninstall.

Thumbs up if it worked for you!
  14. SuperMinghaha

Just checked, and game would still crash even without this update (and crash happens randomly, from character selection step to after many hrs.). So it should be sth. else with the game itself. I'm running on Ultra with PhysX off.
    Today:
    1. While I was doing a reverse maneuver during a dogfight and trying to aim - game crashed (after 2hrs).
    2. Well, that's normal.....I restarted the game and selected my TR character - game crashed..(WTF)
    3. Calm...relogined and selected my TR again, well this time was smooth...spawned a moss, flew out -> spotted a galaxy -> aim&shoot -> game crashed.([IMG])
  15. NaySayer

Optimization is the biggest issue in this game. Too bad soe is concentrated more on putting out more content to make money than actually fixing the game.
    Such a shame seeing how much potential ps2 has.

If this game was optimized, everyone knows that anyone would spend more money on this game.
    WHY does it use like 80% cpu and only 20% gpu?
    Officially baffled.
    • Up x 1
  16. LohaMoha

This fixes only one type of frequently crashes, and don't use ALT+TAB at all.
  17. RaZz0R

BSOD = hardware problem

Cheap ram normally can count for this unless you have an issue with the mainboard or CPU , more mobo or RAM.
  18. RaZz0R

Just because someones hard spec is better than mine - doesn't mean the PC is running better.

EG: Someone might say their CPU is better and their video card, but as you well know the main board and RAM stick have a big impact as well. Not to mention the windows install, how its configured and when I say drivers I mean ALL mainboard drivers.

Most people only install the sound card & video drivers and let windows fill in the rest, like for the network card, south bridge, sata controllers, memory controllers etc etc. Main boards include disc's with all of these but if you skip them windows will fill in missing drivers with basic MS one's and can cause problems.

Even with SSD drives - there is a whole lot of config which must be done manually to get the best out of them. Alot of people do not understand this nor know what to do.

These crash's could even be caused by page file settings, low storage where the page file has been place etc etc.

You can't assume everyone's PC is setup the same.
  19. Geneaux

Troll much?
  20. RaZz0R

no i am serious - sometimes its better to have a second install for gaming.