Ok, now I'm pissed off - Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dkamanus, May 25, 2013.

1. Dkamanus

Ok, I've supported this non-sense for more then TEN months, but I can't take it anymore. WTF is making my game crash either 1 minute after I enter the game, sometimes 5 minutes after, and then every 10 minutes? 10 freaking months I'm having this POS problem, and at EVERY SINGLE PATCH, the problem hasn't been resolved yet. I just spent another R$ 100 on this problematic game (the ONLY ONE which keeps crashing on my PC) and I want to ******* play this as stable as possible.

WTF am I supposed to do when this fiendish game simply crash for NOT APARENT REASON? WHAT WOULD BE THE SOLUTION? GIVE A GOD DAMN STRAIGHT ANSWER ON THIS!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. TAGEMBAGEM

Mine is crashing the same way. Sometimes i can play for hours sometimes it crashes 5 times in 15 minutes.. and it's not my hardware.
    • Up x 3
  3. XPTO77

I am in the same boat, i crash 1 to 5 minutes as i start playing, if i hit instant action its an instant crash as i hit the ground.. not even funny :(

This happened in the other patches too and now again?? wtf sorry but it is very annoying.
    • Up x 1
  4. OnxTincT

Well i do crash randomly , but serisouly , it is rare that i crash.
    I cannot say what you are doing wrong or actually whats wrong with your rig as it seems that the actually crash curse is random.
    Some are crashing because of Graphic drivers, others are crashing for well randomness and some are probably crashing for intense load on either CPU or GPU ( overheating or even just can't take the game )

I would say that PS2 aint optimized as it should, i play Metro: Last light with advanced phyx, Quality Very high, 1920x1200, tessellation at normal and Texture Filtering at 4x and still have 40-60fps and the game graphics are astonishing !

I can't barely play PS2 with Physix ( fps and dropping randomly at 4 fps and sometimes extreme stuttering ) and 90% of the times its my CPU that slows the game performance. I had to do all the tweaks i read about to get decent fps in massive fights ( 40ish )
    By that i mean : Unpark Cores, Razor Game Booster, lowering heavy CPU graphics such as Flora ( just why is it on CPU ? ) and shadows, turning down some background program to get some ressources and so on.

I do makes me mad to see that the minimum requirement says duo cores and somes of my friends that have a slice higher then what minimum requires , can't even play with more then 8 fps everything at low or off. They actually have everything else at recommended , its just the cpu
  5. RaZz0R

Rage much?

It is your own PC that is the problem!

If you really want to resolve the issue - create a new partition and install windows, make sure all drivers are installed and updated and install the game and use that windows install for PS2!
  6. Dkamanus

Of course it my PC. All other games, except PS2, don't crash AT ALL! Be it pirate or bought versions.

Partition On Windows? Already done!
    All drivers installed? Already done!
    Install PS2 via the internet (not steam)? Done!
    Format the Windows Partition and reinstall windows? DONE!
    REINSTALL PLANETSIDE 2 ON ANOTHER FRESH PARTITION? DONE!!!

Everything has been tried, and STILL I'm this **** of a game is crashing ALL THE ******* TIME! I'm using the recommended specs, get 40 FPS on big fights, with ultra and still, AT RANDOM, NOT DUE TO CPU OVERHEATING, NOR GPU OVERHEATING, THE GAME CRASHES!

The problem isn't my PC, it has something to do with the in-game files. Even with a fresh install of both windows AND the game, it still crashes.
  7. AstroCat

For the record our 2 systems CTD often when playing Planetside 2, and only Planetside 2.

I've run Memtest86 (latest version) and Windows Memory Diagnostic on both systems and no errors. I've also run them multiple times, and passes, all good, no errors.

I've also run Prime95 for several hours, both systems, no errors.
    I've also run 3dMark 11, mulitple times, no errors.
    Metro 2033 benchmark, 10 passes, everything on. No errors.
    Furmark for an hour. Multiple times. No errors.
    EVGA OC Scanner X for over an hour. Multiple times. No errors.

I've used every diagnostics, stress test and tool I know. No errors.
    Other games, no errors!

I've tried different drivers. No difference. I've tried messing around with a variety of Win 7 settings. No difference.
    I've made sure all firmware and drivers on everything are up to date. No difference.

This is for both systems. I've also switch cards in both systems and done all the above tests, and again no errors!

I've even called EVGA tech and talked to them. They also agree, not my systems but the game.
  8. Brainwayne

yea this is soooo ridiculous... what a bunch of clueless noobs at SOE

i noticed that before the crashes the fps drop very low and everything becomes like as if my character is moving through sirup.... then it crashs (now mostly even without windows-crash-report since gu9)
  9. TerranRepublic1205

Here's one solution; no guarantees of completely solving the crashing problem though but it's worth a try.

So Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Processes Tab, Show processes from all users, Set Priority: Real Time.

Good luck.
  10. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Is everyone experiencing the same issue here? Is it getting crashing after 1-10 minutes? As far as I can tell there are no widespread problems with crashing so we might have to begin gathering some information to see who it's affecting.

It's entirely possible this crashing is a result of a corrupt game file. Try this, run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, (you may want to make copies of these files and put them in a separate folder) locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

If that doesn't work, have you folks noticed a trend in where exactly the game client crashes, or is it completely random? When the game does crash, do you encounter any sort of error messages? Is it possible to replicate this on-command? The information is greatly appreciated!
    • Up x 1
  11. Daikar

Are you using the latest Nvidia drivers? That made my game crash like crazy so I went back to 314.22 and now it works.
    • Up x 1
  12. Puppy

This just started after the lattice update for me.
  13. Emdee

I am also crashing significantly after the most recent update. The screen will lock up (dying, spawning, accessing vehicle terminals or randomly) and when I alt-tab out it then crashes to desktop. Occasionally I get a few seconds to tell the platoon I am crashing even though my screen is frozen and sometimes I can alt tab out from a frozen screen and then alt-tab back in and have it restore correctly. I have also been experiencing a crash message upon logout for the last 6 months (since before I changed my video card) which I thought was common. Can SOE reccomend which Nvidia drivers are the most suitable to use please? I hope my information helps others with a similar issue.

Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3GHz
    8GB ram
    Gigabyte GTX670 (GV-N670OC-2GD)
    Windows 7 64 bit
  14. Mogsy

Latest NVidia 320.18 drivers have been released and improve on the beta 300 ones i was using. Those with the crashes, do you have PhysX enabled, if so turn it off and restart your client and see what happens. Also Jesse's suggestion will work for most.
  15. RaZz0R

Well since TSR-Jessie is in I am sure he can help you.

But seriously - sometimes I'll get a crash - but its normal - but mostly I can play for hours with no problem at all. And so can heaps of other people or the game wouldn't have so many players. Logic ya?

So what is different about the PC you have? Post some specs?

All I was trying to say is - people use their single windows install for all sorts of things - keeping a second install of windows for gaming is a good thing for a number of reasons.
  16. RaZz0R

This should be a sticky for Nvidia users - its been known for a while.
  17. Dkamanus

AMD user, and the tips did help a little. But as seen, this is a problem that has affected quite some people. I was getting annoyed today, cause I lost 2 alerts due to constant crashing (played a lot, even with crashes, only to be completely rejected by the server in the last minutes of the alerts). It ******* pissed me off.
  18. Emdee

I just crashed now, I have followed Jesse's instructions to re-validate the files. I was flying a mosquito on Esamir with low population. I will test out with new drivers now.
  19. Ian_M

Constant crashing for me also. It it just the briggs server?
    It is prime time on Sunday evening and in the launchpad it is low server population. Thats unusual unless nobody can play as its crashing constantly.
    Already spent a massive $20 Australian on station cash when playing since launch and consider that money down the drain.
    On 314.22 nvidia drivers but wont update.
    Does anyone know exactly which version of Physx drivers work? I may be using the latest ones already?
    Thanks
  20. Emdee

I'm on the Briggs server here as well. I just crashed 5 minutes before an alert ended. I was reloading my T32, game locked up then crashed to desktop. Went to relog in, and crashed again before the login screen came up. I then fired it up again, clicked login and waited around 5 minutes to get "disconnected from server". I've been sitting at the login screen again for another 5 minutes now.

After my previous post I then went and redownloaded Nvidia drivers. Please note that I rarely crashed prior to the last big patch.