Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalGrave

anybody get a kill with the striker since gu11?
  2. Booface

I would love to see dumb fire on the Striker, but only if it has very little splash and moderate drop.

The main thing I am disappointing about with the Striker is that it's just another lock-on. When I play my TR toon, it's not much different than being just a better Annihilator. It doesn't change the way I play. And when I play my VS toon, it's still just playing against a better Annihilator.

Where the Lancer and Phoenix have interesting mechanics that make them fun and novel to use, the Striker is just kind of boring. Effective, yes, but boring. I wish there was something different about it. Maybe dumb fire can be that thing, so we can see more dakka.
  3. MetalGrave

effective in large numbers, yeah but now with the los lock-on nerf I'm lucky to land one hit.
  4. illgot

Has the new lock on code hit live?
  5. MetalGrave

far as I can tell it has fire against a esf it burns away or behind something and the rockets stop following.
  6. MetalGrave

[IMG]

wish the striker was like this if you saw this episode. you know what I mean.
    "This weapon is able to a launch a projectile that is best described as a blue-light-emitting rocket. This rocket splits into many smaller ones that seek out and destroy" from the falling skies wiki.
    what it looked like to me was that when the small rockets (5 to be exact) came into range of the target they exploded like flak shells.
  7. Caek

From a TR perspective....

Pros:
    Great weapon model
    Multiple mini rockets is a great idea and unique

Cons:
    Lock on only - Lock on weapons are not fun to use.
    Severely limited in versatility compared to the other factions ESRLs
    No dumbfire

My recommendation? Make it shoot 5 high speed dumbfire rockets. Basically like a shoulder mounted fracture. Possibly add a laser guided option ie AT-4 from bad company 2? That was fun to use, took skill and was rewarding.
    • Up x 1
  8. Singed

This...Would actually be interesting. Reduce damage against infantry to be a three hit kill and it might work.
    • Up x 1
  9. Xada

If it's laser guided and lets you move while firing, it has to have slow projectiles.

Also, nobody uses the pheonix anymore, stop bringing it up. Using the shriek is more useful, screw it, just charge in as a light assault and c4 the thing, it's quicker and has a better chance to even hit the target.
  10. MykeMichail

Not sure if I'm already posted in this thread before, and I'm sure what I'm saying has probably already been said.

Firstly, Striker is not working as intended. Its description states that it requires the user to 'maintain lock' on their target to guide the missiles in.

This simply isn't the case as in several I have killed the person locking on to me and watched every single rocket continue on a perfect collision course with my vehicle.

Secondly, if it requires lock-on to be maintained, it should also require line-of-sight to be maintained. Allowing lock-ons to continue for several seconds after the target has gone behind cover basically removes the drawbacks of this weapon whilst maintaining its advantage. Its drawback is that you have to maintain a lock. Its advantage is high damage for a guided weapon.

Third, Striker rounds should not avoid terrain, and if my second point were true, they'd have no reason to.
    • Up x 1
  11. RadarX

We certainly appreciate the feedback on the striker but as there are multiple threads about the weapon now available, we'll close this to make sure we see the others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.