Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX

The title says it all. How do you feel about the Striker?
    • Up x 1
  2. Maksimus

Darn, just made a post before you made one about it.

It's pretty disappointing, just another version of the annihilator.... less damage... higher rate of fire.. higher overall DPS if all hit.

Was hoping something more interesting... perhaps a single canister that is shot and fragments mid-air into multiple mini lock-on missiles. Perhaps requiring the player to keep the cursor at the enemy for the swarm to follow the lock-on.
    • Up x 12
  3. DragonV2

its a nice cosmetic change, beyond that, ill just stick to my grounder and annihilator, does more or less the same thing so i have no real need for the striker
    • Up x 8
  4. Badname2490

It'll be the first ESRL to get nerfed.
    • Up x 16
  5. Metallic123

Can't use it versus MAX armor and most vehicles run with flares/smoke so it's... I don't know, guess I need to find the right situation where it shines?

Looks cool though
  6. Arthain

Yea it needs different mechanics, the other lock ons are more useful in that you don't have to fire multiple rockets so you get all the damage straight up. Was hoping for something fun not just another lock on launcher. Perhaps it should be laser guided?
    • Up x 2
  7. SEMoslaw

+ Looks really gr8. Good work with that ;]

-Lack of uniquess
    -Boring
    -Big risk small reward

Same old and boring mechanic with 5 clip magazine which make it's even more boring because you have to just stand still and mindlessly press LMB. It's better to just buy G2A and G2G tbh lees risk more reward.
    I didn't played PS1 but I heard that you could dumbfire Striker there and swap lock-ons mid-air. Lock on timer was also shorter. That sound better that this 5clip fire and forget.
    • Up x 6
  8. hawken is better

I am in love with the Striker. That is all.

EDIT: Please, for the love of God, SOE, do not nerf it to hell.
    • Up x 4
  9. Goretzu

Insanely good. VS and NC aircraft are are going to be extinct. :eek:
    • Up x 5
  10. Chiss

The best of the 3 new launchers. Quite balanced. No issues here.

Oh, and it looks great.
    • Up x 7
  11. Notser

I like that we can't damage base turrets, originally I thought I'd only get to not damage MAX units and Infantry with my Striker but it looks like I get to not damage base turrets too!
    • Up x 1
  12. Soundmonitor

No dumbfire it is not versatile, not gonna buy it, sticking to my skep/grounder/anni/deci/manaturret for AV/AA, better yet for AA Ill take out my 2xburster max. Sorry this rpg seems to be a novelty weapon, I hated the anni no dumbfire when I first bought it so im sure Ill hate this one.
    • Up x 4
  13. Dagonlives

This launcher is awesome. We ran a 6-man striker team 10 minutes ago. While it's not ideal in situations where you lack cover, or the enemy armor or air has too much cover, in open fields it absolutely obliterates in groups. We were able to put fourth the firepower of a 12 man annihilator team with just 6 of these. That should not be underestimated, especially since the Pheonix and the Lancer seem more like soloist weapons. I like my striker personally, fits with the TR philosophy.

Strength in unity!
    • Up x 10
  14. EliteEskimo

It's cool looking but it really needs to have the ability to kill MAX's like it did in PS1. As of now it has the most disadvantages of any launcher, for instance the user has to remained locked on and can't make use of cover, vehicles can use flares/smoke/ and cover to break the lock, and vehicles get a real warning(lock-on) before they get hit, ect. With the other launchers vehicles can't defensively cert into a counter and don't get a warning to when the missile is coming, I think this was the biggest problem. I think the Striker should be laser guided like the AV turret.
    • Up x 4
  15. Gustavo M

All I've got to say about the Striker, Is....um...
    [IMG]
    ...a bit too powerful.
    • Up x 4
  16. WetPatch

Clear winner of the ESL wars, massive damage. Whats their to complain about?
    • Up x 2
  17. WetPatch

Whats its Lock range?
  18. Kristan

Dumbfire. That's all it needs.
    • Up x 5
  19. WetPatch

Its really not, the damage output is to high for dumb fire.
    • Up x 4
  20. Ranik

FIX: the ability to lock onto Base turrets and deployable turrets.

Add: Dumb Fire.
    • Up x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.