Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxiter

Since my calcyls:
    Strikers deals 500 damages/ rockets.
    ESF have 50% lock-on resist against aircrafts
    Strikers deals 250 damages/rockets at ESF
    ESF HP pool is 1750.
    http://www.ps2calc.com/#vehicle1=ES...0&weapon2=Select a weapon&patch=Game Update 2
    1750/250=7 rockets.
    6, maybe 5 rockets will put it on fire. (i can check it VR training room for you if you want)
    When you want to meet us at Amerish.
    I would also like to see you as TR and get trial of the striker if you havn't TR alt or if you havn't played alot with it.

The best way to dodge a weapon is knowing how its works and using it.
    My NC is also on ceres, if you want a target for trying the striker.
    I have no big issue against striker on my NC/VS alt, even with a stock ESF (they are BR8 & 11 and my ESF are both still sotck).
  2. TheRunDown

I'm not going to nit pick with you all day, but the Striker's uniqueness wont last for long seeing as the Devs are slowly bringing all the weapons from PS1 in to PS2. There are 2 other AA weapon to be added. The Sparrow (NC) and the Starfire (VS).

The Starfire AA system (8 Rounds) was a Guided Rocket but required the user to keep the crosshair on the target for it to continue tracking.

The Sparrow AA system (12 Rounds) was a Auto Guided shoot and forget Rocket system, that simply required the user to shoot at a player while the crosshair was red, and the rockets would continue to track even after loosing line of sight.

Both were apart of the MAX and BFR weaponary.

The Burster MAX was TRs AA and only available to them, Silent and deadly.

The last AA weapon to be implement in to PS was was the addon to the infantry Rocklet Rifle, witch I assume will be around the next corner. The Rocklet Rifle was a 6 Barrel Rocket Launcher that fired 6 small Rockets in single or full auto mode. Changing the Rocket Ammo to Frag Ammo turned the Rocklet Rifle in to a 6 shot Flak Rifle.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheRunDown

Your probably right, but I'm sure it's 8 to finish a ESF. 7 put a ESF in to the free fall mode, then obviously they crash and you get the kill... I think..
  4. Mxiter

Since your said is correct:

Statfire: Striker's actual guidance system (with a previous lock time).
    Sparrow: others lock-on guidance system.
    I'm 99% sure.
  5. tapiste

Hi,
    I play with the scythe, i use it on big fight, i love to fight in the Crown.
    But since the last rockets launchers its became impossible to play.

Some noobs where crying because Scythe is too op but they just need to take a MAX for kill it before friends dies.
    Scythe missils rates of fire is to slow if they're is two man with a rockets u can't kill them before they kill u.
    How a man with a rocket can make more damage than rocket on an aircraft?
    They said scythe is op but they just need to buy only two antifly weapon on their tanks and they can def an escouade against scythe.

Aircraft need ressources, but a little man with a sunderer or in a little city can revive 10sec after u kill him and ur dead before u had the time to do something. Its really unfair.

THIS ROCKETS LAUCHERS SHOULD CAN BE CARRIED ONLY BY MAX that is the problem!!!
    Or on Lightning tank ok... but on a human they 're is too much infantry in a fight when u see 20 people somewhere ur sure that they have a rockets launchers and they will one shot u... But normaly they just need to take a lightning or a xam or a sunderer it let u the time to kill somes and leave before they get some brain and stay with a MAX or a lightning or near towers defense the antiaircraft is always empty when they are 10 in a base and they after they cry when a scythe come.
    They have too much weapon to kill aircraft but now they wear it all the time its op against fly tanks and even infantry lol seriously you kill the game...

I know that you can up the damage of aircraft, but you can increase they're resistance against explosion or give to all aircraft the upgrade of lure for free
  6. tapiste

AND they can take an aircraft too for defend an escouad because all people now : if you dominated the sky you dominated the battle...
    It was not really true with the MAX and the ligntning with the good weapon but today aircraft smells craft with these new rockets launcher you 're sure you'll die veeeery fast if they're is a big battle, so all people come ground and camp...
  7. Mxiter

L2nothoovering issue.

The srtiker isn't as effective agaist ESF than most people think. If you ignore the quite long warning, you'll be hitten.
    If you move away, you'll survive.
    The striker is taking longer time to "lock and fire" than others lock-on, but deals much more than a G2A if all rockets hits. If there is few guys, the srtriker operator will be very visible because he have to keep aiming it's target until it's rockets hits.

Use that time to move away or to kill the striker's operator. That's a deterrant.
    The difference between a max is:
    There 10 max and you're insta gibbed.
    Ther is 2 or 2000 strikers, if you evade the firest shot, you'll evade all of them.

Or you react to lock-on, or you stay and receive damages, that's the use of the striker.
    Contrarely to others weapons, Striker's user skill isn't influencing the weapon's effeiciency (or few), it's the target skills the limit of efficiency.
    Tips:
    -The laser guidance is the same than annhilator: use the relief
    -Flares are also working to earn 10.5 sec more.

TR/VS tanks are hitten by lancer without warning them. :)
  8. Soundmonitor

K why doesnt it aquire any other target when smoke is around?????? Targeted one MBT that smoked, switched to 3 other MBT's near it and couldnt get a ***** target...
  9. Takoita

It's the same thing with other lock-ons. From what I've seen, the actual 'no-lock-on' field is bigger than the graphical representation.
  10. TheRunDown

MS PAINT TIME!!

This is what the Striker is like for us..

[IMG]

If they pop flares, you might as well jump off the Cliff with no dumb fire mode.
    • Up x 6
  11. Beltway

My only complaints with the weapon is it's tracking & locking. It over compensates way too much. I know it is suppose to intercept however it starts to compensate the second you fire. For example if I catch an aircraft in a dive the rockets fly right into the ground, which is a perfect example of over compensation. This needs to be fixed.

Secondly it's locking is way too sensitive. For example. If you lock onto a vehicle of ANY size from ANY distance the person driving can get out stand in front of the vehicle and beak your lock. In fact I am sure most users will notice they start to lock onto ATV's but the lock suddenly disappears. It's because of rider blocking the lock.

These two outstanding issues need to be fixed in order to make the launcher viable. Currently these issues along with in game counter measures make the weapon unreliable.
  12. hf254

My problem with the striker hasn't got anything to do with balance, damage, effectiveness or whatever. The reason I don't like it is that it's just boring to use. The other ESRLs are unique and interesting and offer far more entertainment value. I don't know how the striker could be improved. Adding dumb-fire mode certainly won't make it more fun, just provide more circumstances for it to be boring in. There's a problem in general (with a few exceptions) with the TR weapons being generic clones and unsatisfying to use. The striker just adds to this list. Looks good though.
    • Up x 2
  13. Mxiter

The guidance is made like this for 1 reason: as it's not "fire and forget" mode , the rockets heve to hit quicket the target before it leaves the fields of view contrairely to the G2A/G2G follow and destroy and fire and forget.

It's same for every lock on. And just concern the initial lock.
    Might be an other counter for squads.

The striker is a no-skills high-risks medium-reward weapon: the user have to be exposed many times and the lock have many weakness.

Both 3 ESRL are situational and arn't supposed to be the best for every engagement.
  14. Beltway

I think we all know what the launcher and it's mechanics where made for. No matter how you slice it the guidance system needs to be tweaked. There isn't an excuse for your shots going into the ground when your target is 500m above you.

Secondly it's not the same for every lock on weapon. I can lock on to any vehicle with a skep and not have to worry when someone i can or cant see steps in front of my target, in addition ATV riders wont magically block my lock.

Third, label the striker whatever you want, the fact is it's not operating how it should in combat, which is why it needs tweaking.

Lastly Exactly correct, however that clearly isn't the case now is it? It's suppose to effectively track enemy vehicles but with a meaning less "keep looking at your target" aiming system that doesn't work because your rockets fly directly into the ground when you shoot and locking on has 50/50 chance of succeeding or not.
    • Up x 1
  15. Mxiter

I used the striker a lot since the release:
    Striker T2

[IMG]
    16 kills
    0.11 kills/min
    69% accuracy
    758 shots fired
    522 hits
    15,375 score

261 000 damages arn't so bad for a week.
    This weapon is more situational.
    If the lock is brken, the rocks will still have 3 sec of fire and forget mode and ill still be dumbfrie after that.
    I have less kills/min with it than my grounder or my ML-7, but it's an AV dedicated weapon, not really an all rounder.

More effective than others RL in big tanks fights, but requires a good spot (like the others ESRL), is a good ESF deterrant and a good libby/galaxy breaker.
    Maybe SOE will tweak the guidance system as you said if it's over performing. (i would like it personally) but this musn't be an OP weapon.
    I'm waiting with impatience the V1.2 lancer's and phoenix's efficiency stats.
  16. Beltway

Not asking it to be an all rounder but effective at it's intended purpose. As of right now it's not really worth using at close, mid and sometimes even long ranges due to its issues. Hopefully they will tweak it's current systems, I don't think it needs a dumb fire or any flashy buttons. It just needs to work.
  17. Mxiter

18. MrMagicGuns

19. Mxiter

No comment about it: it was before the phoenix balance and the Lancer buff.
    Anyways, ~=10 vehicles/hours isn't bad for an AV weapon. :) (i'm under the average o_O)
  20. Feydakin

I really feel like once pilots (ground and air) figure out how to foil the Striker you will see a fairly significant drop off in people getting killed by it. It's really easy to avoid if you at all competent. Having foreseen this I would almost like to ask that the tracking overcompensation be toned down a bit... maybe add a touch of rocket speed to offset it, but just a very little. TheRunDown's little graphic up there is actually fairly accurate from my experience. :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.