[NUC] elusive1: Unleashed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. pnkdth

Similarly, it is impossible to prove innocence in the face of people who see foul play everywhere. For instance, the first video Demigan referenced showed a much less refined Elusive1 with lots and lots of body shots, BASR + knife kills and resorting to his commissioner. Yet this is somehow more damning because this lack of refined play versus the more refined play today is proof he is now a "subtle" cheater and knows how to hide his cheating ways Hell, when people point out he doesn't land his shots like this all the time immediately go for the toggle aimbot.

From someone who's done a lot of infiltrator play myself (probably around 60% time spent over about 180 BRs) all these "suspicious" movements are just how I move myself. I mean, the adjustments people think is fishy... How else do you think we play? Do people actually think we always zoom in right on target and do not do adjustments? Is it fishy it is quick? Why? Slow adjustments would get you killed. Drag or whip shots look "impossible"? They're muscle memory. If you think, you lose.

As for hit boxes. There are times I got "HOW???!?!?!!?" when getting a head shot. At other times, I wonder how I could miss, almost like the shot went straight through. However, if you look at animations you notice that the head does not remain perfectly stationary. Also the zig zag movement people do to confuse hit boxes, even ESFs do this, in order to escape or when wanting make harder to hit.

Then there is hit detection. I am sure a lot of us can agree that sometimes this plays tricks on us.

TL;DR: This thread is starting to look more and more like someone has a problem with NUC and/or Elusive1.
    • Up x 2
  2. HippoCryties

Exactly tried this exact play style (real fun,might do it more often TBH) and pulling off shots like this isn’t exactly hugely difficult , it just happens sometimes, you hit that ambusher LA mid air or that resist heavy doing the medic suffle, it happens. I think Elusive is what we would call a monster sniper, looking st his previous videos we can see he’s hugely improved and I still don’t think he’s hacking.

P.S good post BTW( I get sidetracked a lot)
  3. Campagne

I can personally understand the argument. If a player couldn't or didn't do the same movements and strategies and skills and such yet could still as just as well as the same player after two years there is room for a logical suspicion. Likewise aimbots absolutely can be toggled on and off with the press of a button as if a macro, I think. I once saw a YouTube video of a guy accidentally alt-tab to his cheating software while streaming to change a setting on it. It seems very fair to assume it would be a possibility.

I don't think the movements are what's suspicious, at least not personally. It's his seemingly perfect timing every time and his unlikely consistency even under the pressure of the battlefield. I didn't watch the whole thing nor did I with any degree of scrupulousness, but it seems like half the time his crosshairs are way off before he snaps to the target with an intensity. And why bother to drag shots at all when the rifle doesn't have sway? It would be ever faster to just aim directly at the head in the first place but sticking the hipfire cone roughly over them instead of off to the side.

Hitboxes are pretty wonky. That and hit detection would be the only legitimate plausible explanations for the clips in my opinion. I know for a fact that bullets at least used to be able to pass directly through models. I may have even made a post or thread about that here, once. :confused: However odd headshots like those from the video are fairly uncommon for me at least and certainly don't happen one after the other, moreso a headshot kill where the bullet clearly hit the upper chest or shoulder, but not like Elusive.

I don't think I've ever even mentioned or addressed Elusive ever before nor he I. I assume NUC is an outfit which I could not care less about. Personally much of my suspicions come from the particular timing which he disappeared for two years of radio silence (as far as I'm aware) only to reemerge now as if nothing ever happened while players complain of blatant cheating more than in previous months. I haven't played for about a month because of every little thing in real life but before then I was frustrated with some unnaturally high aim players and a couple guys shooting from inside rocks in a biolab.

Suffice to say there is still cheating going on and little is being done even to those whom obviously couldn't have magic'd their way into solid objects without external help. Really good scripts seem to go unnoticed by the system for a long time, and then there's the possibility that the hitbox edits are back as rumors have said here and there.

I can't proclaim to know if Elusive is cheating or not but there is definitely a good reason to hold suspicions, in my opinion. For the record, I also feel Demigan is making fair arguments which do seem to make sense.
    • Up x 2
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Yep. I hit shots all the time that I know were not on target, after enough online games you just kind of roll with it. It's the Third Law of Online FPS Gaming:
    "For every 'How the #### did that hit?' there is an equal and opposite 'How the $$$$ did that miss?'"
    • Up x 5
  5. HippoCryties

Hahahahha
  6. elusive1

I made it very clear that I was going to stop playing this game for Overwatch. It's in a few of my video descriptions, and I've made many comments about it. I've been back since May and I stream every single time I play, and I streamed last night btw. I'm also really sick of this hitbox nonsense. There was one reddit thread years ago of a russian guy, and a bunch of people who are bad at the game think it's an epidemic. Being suspicious is fine, because yeah I do some crazy things, but the Demigan's "proof" is just wrong and he won't admit it.
  7. Campagne

A very convenient time to stop playing just as many other prominent players stopped too. Never actually visited your channel on YT, only ever saw what you posted here. Still quite convenient. ;)

Are you trying to say the hitbox manipulations didn't happen or was blown out of proportion? It absolutely wasn't! DBG themselves even addressed it when they fixed it for the first time, it was a major issue. Players were banned in waves, when was the last time that happened in PS2?

I don't agree. Ideally video evidence of someone landing shot ought to show the bullets impacting, but your videos don't. I agree with Demigan, it doesn't seem right. If I recorded some gameplay I doubt it would produce the same phenomenon and certainly not to the same extent.
  8. elusive1

Except the timing doesn't work out at all, I uploaded a bunch of videos after the hitbox thing was addressed, and nothing in my gameplay changed. If anything I'm better now than I ever was. None of this makes any sense. I'm saying it was blown out of proportion by the same people who think it's suspicious to get 50% HS accuracy with LMGs. My videos absolutely show bullet impacts though? Maybe you should watch some of my videos slowed down before you accuse people. Also If you think those are truly 100% absolute representations of shots with this glitchy *** game I don't know what to tell you.
  9. CplRDaWiggy

Y'know, hacks or no hacks, I do find it incredible that some people appear to have an unshakable faith in the architecture Ps2 was built on. Theres not a single day in which I don't see something that is frankly absurd, be it bullets passing through what I must presume are spectres, adad crouch macro spamming proleets glitching their hitbox ( conversely, perhaps this is what people may have seen in that video, people so bugged out that the borked game code decided that tricep was a head), to tanks being rammed by cars and blowing up, not to mention the vehicle physics in general.

I do not deny there are cheaters in this game. But lets not pretend this games code is a paragon of computing. Literally all I've seen in this thread is at best circumstantial. But I personally go 'wtf' if people start using someone going to play another game that was much hyped and extensively played that coincided with one of the many hack cycles Ps2 has endured as evidence.

Honestly, Kane put it better than anyone so far. So I guess Kanes hacking. Or not.
    • Up x 1
  10. csvfr

Unfortunately not. The video you see goes through many processing steps from the initial recording through mixing/editing and finally up to youtube and down again. Frames are dropped, blurred, and otherwise transformed in this process. Check this video which shows what happens if you download a youtube video and reupload it several times.

This is something youtube does not do for fun. Cutting say 1Mbps from a 10Mbps movie would warrant a 10% saving in both network usage, disk storage, and more translating to $$.

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/3815b6/youtube_quality_compression_woes/
  11. Campagne

Your vidoes are montages, the footage isn't all from the same sessions and likely isn't even from the same days or weeks. You yourself say your aim isn't usually so good. It's not hard to imagine most of the clips if not all of them were from before the changes, and even then that would only be regarding one of the ways to cheat.

Again, it was a pretty massive deal. A PlanetSide scandal! One anonymous guy didn't spark some huge fuss about something only a few players did. The news was everywhere.

They don't show impacts on the faces of the players hit. At least not according to Demigan and the little bits I watched. If they did so consistently there wouldn't be much stipulation about hitbox manipulations.

The game is buggy and broken, absolutely. But usually what happens at least as far as I've ever seen or heard of is generally the opposite: Bullet hits head, shields flicker, no damage is dealt or received. Bullet passes through forehead, bullet continues to fly, misses target. Et cetera. It's quite safe to say most of the time bullets which don't hit the head don't count as headshots.

This isn't really a fair comparison. I'd imagine Elusive only uploaded the video once and embedded it here. The guy in the video did it way more times as a demonstration, but the initial part is clear and normal. I don't think much has really happened to warp the original footage, at least not to such an extreme degree as to cut out vital frames from so many engagements.

The time frame is suspicious as this was roughly around when BattlEye was announced for PS2. If I can recall correctly, that is. Lots of players and streamers and such declared it was time fro a break from PS2 at that time as well, which is where the whole thing becomes questionable.
  12. csvfr

Whenever I try to look at still shots/pauses from the video, it looks quite blurry to me, even at the highest settings.
  13. elusive1

Every single one of these clips are from my twitch channel, and were streamed in the past 3 months. Don't take Demigan's word on this, go slow down the video yourself. The recordings are maxed at 60 fps and the bitrate is fixed by twitch, when my fps is 144+ in game. At the speed of my flicks it's clearly not recording every frame, and you can see that if you go through the video frame by frame. You're assuming so much without doing any actual verifying, please just stop.
  14. Rydenan

I won't accuse you of cheating. But your doing or not, this video is objective proof that hitboxes in this game are wonky.
    Just look at 0:15. The crosshair never crosses the head:
    (I've added a green dot at the center of the crosshair to help locate it b/c of potato video quality)
    https://gfycat.com/EvergreenCookedIntermediateegret
    • Up x 1
  15. elusive1

First that wasn't a headshot, and you can see when I fired it hit the top of his right shoulder. The hitboxes aren't perfect, and it just has to be close enough to the model.
  16. Rydenan

How about this one?
    • Up x 1
  17. csvfr

I'd say the 1 in 100.000 shot at 8 mins raises suspicion beyond reasonable doubt when compared to his accuracy stats. One more proof is highly desired without it turning to a "witch hunt" proof denying existence of compression artifacts. I've yet to see the proclaimed shot where the bullet goes where he has not aimed, (clearly, that can't be excused by a missed frame).
  18. elusive1

I guess I'm going to have to keep mentioning this. You're clearly missing frames. Look where my cross hair is before it shows I fired, it's on his head. The frames of my scope are jumping a large distance at a time as you click. Also these are very quick drag past his head shots, and the spark from my gun stays with the model. I'm saying when I actually fired isn't being shown in the video because of the limitations of 60 fps.
  19. Rydenan

What you might not be aware of is that everything in a video game, including input processing, hit detection, and physics calculation, occurs in discrete steps. Sometimes 60x per second, but more commonly 30x per second. Even if we assume PS2 runs game logic calculations at 60hz, that still means that the ephemeral 'time between the frames' at 60fps you mentioned does not exist.
    Let's give you a best-case scenario and say you're running at 60fps and PS2 updates at 60hz. Even if you click your mouse between two frames, as far as the game is concerned, you clicked the mouse on the subsequent frame.

Regardless, the crosshair is already past the head at this frame:
    [IMG]
    and there is still no muzzle flash. So even if we assume that frames are missing in the video, and that you fired between this frame and the first frame of muzzle flash, that all still occurs after this image.
    • Up x 1
  20. elusive1

That's still a headshot though? Even a little more to the left would still count as a headshot, and that's where I fired. I'm running ps2 at 144+ fps on a 144hz monitor. We both can't prove it either way because the part isn't even in the video. Another two things to add is the guy is in the process of strafing to my left, and is adsing.