[NUC] elusive1: Unleashed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Ares8

That certainly possible, but obviously his gun and crosshairs are snapping rapidly around at an unusual and robotic way. It just seems off to me..
  2. DarkStarAnubis

Demigan,

"Current" means nothing in an online multiplayer game. Look, I'll make it simple for you:

At time X: according to the client information (that is, last packet received with the target location) , there is:
    1. A bullet flying directly at 600 m/s (0.6 m/ms) toward the target
    2. The target is 1 meter in front of the bullet.
    -->There is collision? No.

At time X plus 5 ms the client receives a new packet with the target location, now:
    1. The bullet has traveled 3 meters (0.6m/ms times 5 ms)
    2. The target is 2 meters behind the target.
    -->There is collision? No.

But that is wrong. The collision DID happen in the past.

To detect the collision the detection engine has to interpolate.

And there is NO GUARANTEE the collision instant is captured in any specific frame: at 50 fps the graphic engine renders every 20ms, anything happening in between is NOT VISIBLE ..

You could watch videos frame by frame for ages without finding all the hits or finding misaligned hits.

I have no idea whether the OP is using an aimbot. He displays skills beyond my pay grade obviously but that does not automatically make him a cheater.

If you have prejudices against the OP fine by me. It is your call, but it looks a clear case of ***** envy...
  3. Demigan

Extrapolation is the exact key here.

Ps2, like just about any game after internet multiplayer was invented, uses software to predict where a model will be based on the last packets. This works so well that we rarely notice it until lag happens and we see rubberbanding caused by the prediction being wrong and needing corrections.

Ps2 uses clientside hit detection. This means that you dont have to shoot the guy where the server thinks the guy is, but you have to shoot him on your screen where your PC tells you the enemy is.

When you shoot, the pc calculates the trajectory, and each time unit it sends a frame towards your screen with the most current position. But on the background that trajectory keeps being calculated, and when the pc says "trajectory intersects <model/terrain>" it calculates where it hit on the model to apply damage and stops rendering the bullet from then on, altering it with a hit animation. Since ps2 is clientside and uses the current position calculated by the prediction rather than where the server thinks the enemy is, a hit will only happen upon intersecting the model on your PC and is not retracted when the server says the enemy is somewhere else. This is perfectly illustrated with people runnig behind cover. You kill them, then the body suddenly slides behind cover to where the server thought the guy was when your PC told it the guy received the last hit.

Now we can extrapolate: upon firing we see a muzzleflash, recoil and the ammocounter goes down. Whether or not we see the bullet depends on it having impacted something before the next frame arrives, but the impact animation takes frames so thats also visible. So of we see the muzzleflash, we know that the bullet was fired somewhere before that frame. If the muzzleflash happens before you are on the enemy model and there isnt time for the model to be predicted into the bullet path, you dont score a hit. Which OP does for magic reasons.
    If the muzzleflash happens before the bullet leaves the barrel, then a direct shot for the head would turn into a miss for OP, which again it doesnt.
    If the bullet leaves before the muzzleflash, which would invalidate the above two hits as they would become impossible, then you could hit someone even though the muzzleflash happens after it passes the head, which OP also does.

All 3 situations cannot be true at once. At best you could argue that things can happen a maximum of 1.99 frames away, inbetween 2 frames with one frame in the middle (where you see the shot start). But we can see OP receive hits even though theres multiple frames inbetween a miss, and in a similar situation still receive a hit when he's accurate, and in a similar situation still receive a hit even though the shot was multiple frames after it passed the head.
  4. Demigan

Even the "best" gameplay does not make a miss a hit. Especially not when sniping in CQC and timing is everything, but his timing are off. IE he shoots too soon or too late and still gains a hit. And no, at 600m/s within 20m there little leadong required.
  5. HippoCryties

But he streams, surely this is evidence he’s not cheating, since people are watching him live xD. He’s been playing for a long time prior to this and was probably the most renowned CQC sniper ever, still not sure about this whole hacking business
  6. MonkMildain

I read a lot of posts here, but I never post myself. I kinda felt obligated to post though and say that I’m certain that elusive does not use any hacks. I know this because he killed me the other day, and it wasn’t with a headshot. I got shot in the body and in the legs.

I specifically remember the name because when I checked the scores for the battle and elusive had 19 kills on Peris amp station.

So yes, most likely the montage shows only the flashy ones. Just not the kills where he boofs and shoots me in the legs from 25m away.
  7. csvfr

[IMG]
  8. Demigan

Surely this is evidence of a subtle hacker.

Look for example at the linked post of one of his old video's that was done prior to the editeable head hitbox becoming common knowledge. You can clearly see he's using it a lot, but because it wasn't common knowledge back then it was subtle enough that people didn't notice and protected him.

He's learned from his mistakes and has gone more subtle. Just compare the video's prior to the head hitbox becoming fixed at the absolutely ludicrous hits he makes, many of which are pretty far off-target or clearly hitting something other than the head. You can still see similar shots happen in this video only much more subtle than before.
  9. elusive1

You're literally missing frames in the videos. It's crazy to me years later you still don't understand that. The movement of my scope would be a smooth arc, and you would see every single millimeter each frame. Instead you're seeing pretty huge jumps in my scope every time you click because of the speed. Other people are trying to explain to you that it's not 100% representative of what I see in game, but you're ignoring them. All your "evidence" is exactly this kind of stuff. I went back to that old video and downloaded and went through it, and you're simply just wrong about everything. I'm not hacking or editing files, and I never have.
  10. CplRDaWiggy

Aha!
    Denial is proof of hack!
    Don't you just love the internet?
  11. DarkStarAnubis

As Demigan explained "I do not need to be an expert -I know the Truth".

So if he says that Elusive is "surely" hacking - then h Elusive is ;) no proof is needed.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

Allright, so let's say you passed the target's head on frame 3. On frame 1 we saw the muzzleflash start, so we know that you fired then. The target was moving away from your crosshair (this is an example from your previous video). How is it possible that you score a headshot even though we can perfectly see you miss the shot?

Ok so there's frames missing. Let's insert them shall we?
    On frame 1 we see you fire. Frame 1.5 inbetween 1 and 2 is missing, but if we saw it we would have seen you approach the head and another frame of the muzzleflash happening. Then we see frame 2, at which time you haven't reached the head and we still see muzzleflash. Frame 2.5, you may or may not be crossing the head now, but that doesn't matter because we've already seen you miss your shot, the missing frame does not add anything. Frame 3, you pass the head, but it doesn't matter anymore. Frame 3.5, still a dud frame as it doesn't tell us anything we already know: You missed your shot. Frame 4: We suddenly see a hitmarker as if you hit the head, but that's impossible as we already saw you miss.

It's crazy to me that you still don't understand that if you fire before or after you passed the head, that magic frames cannot be inserted that will suddenly make your missed shot a hit. And the other people are trying to explain with bad logic. If you can score a hit if you fired before you passed the head, then a shot straight at the head or worse after you passed the head cannot possibly turn into a hit as they would follow the same software that calculated that your too-early shot became a hit.
  13. Demigan

Since you can find him quite literally missing in ways that a missing frame cannot solve the problem and still score a hit, I do have proof that he hacks but without any pathetic kneejerk circlelogic.

So far you've not come up with any theory that explains his shots. Also I daresay I have more experience in this matter than you. Since Elusive knows you won't be arsed enough to download the video's and go through them frame by frame to see the truth he can just tell you what you want to hear ("nothing is happening I'm not hacking!") and you'll believe it right away.

The burden of proof is on me, I've given it. That you are unwilling to accept it is not my problem.
  14. elusive1

Here's the two frames before your "proof". You can clearly see the muzzle flash start to form as I'm dragging my cross hairs past his head. What I mean in missing frames is that for me to hit this shot, I have a very small amount of space to fire before I pass his head, and that whole sequence is missing in the video. I'm also practically still cloaked while firing, if you don't think that messes up animations, then maybe you aren't as experienced as you think. [IMG] [IMG][IMG][/IMG] This is the image you decided to post instead [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. DarkStarAnubis

Ah yes Demigan - you are of course right so sorry. Now I remember that in another post of yours you explained that you consider yourself an experienced game designer (on top of being an hot-shot software engineer of course and 3D graphic guru and ... )! :D
  16. elusive1

Yeah I don't know about this guy, I guess he's the Sinist of the official forums and will never admit he's wrong. I streamed for 2hrs today btw, pulling off everything seen in this montage. https://www.twitch.tv/nucelusive1/videos/all
  17. LordKrelas

This is a lovely war.
    It is certainly a grand source of popcorn.
    • Up x 2
  18. JibbaJabba

There are signature behaviors unrelated to aiming that give away the skill level of a player.

If I see mad bot-like aiming and do not see these signature behaviors then I'll make a hackusation in a heartbeat.

That said, this video is riddled with those signature behaviors. I don't even really need to see the shots to predict how they are going to turn out. Go look 9 seconds into the video. See that wild OVER-disengagement as he reloads...downright runs off into the other room for the reload and times his return to it's completion. Folks with a few thousand hours reload that way.

That shot at 8:00 is just downright luck though. :) I'm sure you missed that 100 times before catching a hit on video.
  19. Campagne

It's important to remember that skilled players can and do still cheat sometimes, as seen with the hitbox manipulation. Demonstrating knowledge, experience and skill even in aiming does not rule out the possibility of foul play.
  20. JibbaJabba

True.