Notice to all Outfits! Countermeasure to 4th empire

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Dramonicous, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruvan

Faction loyalty as an outfit rule is not a bad idea.

I like Stanis's method better though. Lets double team the TR every alert until the 4th faction get up and quit or go back to the other factions.

It seems to me like we should have a Miller gentlemen's rule between the organized outfits to the effect that we double team a faction when their population gets too high. This doesn't just go for TR but every faction. It will fix the problem and lead to better fights when the problem is ongoing.

One faction getting to ridiculous levels of population is good for no one.
  2. pnkdth

The novelty of "having plenty of targets in my sights" will wear off. This is why you see less activity on VS/NC. A TR player is more likely to keep on fighting because he or she are winning. It doesn't matter if it is through numbers or skill, winning feels good, and you get lots of rewards. Contrast this to a VS player, for example, you spawn, get killed, spawned, killed, fall back, rinse and repeat. Always outnumbered. The result is most people logging off because they have no controll of the situation and they're getting farmed.

I do not like the term zergfit, never did, for me this is a word born from frustration of being faced with overwhelming numbers. However, the psychological effect on large outfits fits the above example. They feel good because they're winning, thus are much more likely to stick around. More importantly, sticking around on the winning side during an Alert means lots and lots of tasty certs.

For the others, a rather mediocre reward awaits and no resources left. There are very few of us, across all factions, that are willing and able to take on such a challenge. In DWG this is what tend to end up doing but lately, the odds have swung a bit far in one direction as suddenly we're faced with "ENEMY PLATOONS" streaming out of the spawns.
  3. Arquin

4. Dinapuff

I think when it comes to smaller squad plays you'll simply not be conquering territory alone anymore, and that is probably good. Less about doing the objectives and more about utilizing the squad you have at your disposal in some other manner.
  5. DG-MOD-02

Closing this now as it is off topic. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.