Notice to all Outfits! Countermeasure to 4th empire

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Dramonicous, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigal

Funny how you're trying to deny something that is so persistently proven by the hordes that switch to TR. What other reason do you believe people would have to join the TR otherwise? The awesome red colour?
  2. }{ellKnight

Well... red IS a nice color afterall. But no, it's not because of the color. And it's getting annoying trying to find good fights. Most of it is just so one sided for the TR. The other alternative being ghost camping. Real fun!
  3. Pella

Not on Miller.
  4. Prodigal

Yes on Miller. Where were you yesterday during Amerish alert?
  5. LordMondando

You have a huge over population problem buddy.

Last 2-3 nights, most of primetime you've lead by 10% Globally. Not just on the map with the alert.
  6. Pella

Last nights Popuation peak @ prime time. Note these are not solid numbers, Just people logged in.

TR - 1166
    NC - 862
    VS - 758

Those numbers dont show that TR can have a population advantage on 3 separate counts at the same time. And gives enough population for 33% / 33% / 33% on the Alert cont.

This is what happens when people spread out from playing just on indar.

And what is funny is TR have had this pop % advantage for months. Yet only now people are complaining. gettingrolledonalerts.
  7. Pella

Winning it.
  8. LordMondando

So, in total 2758.

Questions.

1) Just out of intrest where did you get these from?
    2) Did you bother to do the math on them?
    2758/100*42=?

No they do show you with a 10% lead globally though, which Is what i've been arguing, again. Suggest you do the math.

No, as i've discussed in length elsewhere. (This post and the next couple i've made, I think encapsulate the issue nicely.)

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...g-an-alert-4-20-pm.125443/page-5#post-1718803

It's becoming a issue for competitive play.

Your welcome to continue going on with the whole 'I are winninaring' internet trope (which you know, not everyone thinks is that pithy), but nearly everyone else in the community TR, Vs and NC recognises Miller has a demographic problem that appears to have hit some sort of milestone with the regular 10% overpop.
  9. RF404

10. LordMondando

11. Pella

Let's not get into some form of argument here. I have not denied that there is a TR pop imbalance.

My Point being is that at Prime time during alert's all factions have enough population to balance that continent. Yet NC/VS dont show up and decide to play on another continent.

1: http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php Look back at the months. TR have alwasys had the +pop.
    2: No, As the numbers are not solid. And 2000/3 = 666 Which all factions had more than. Hence the point im trying to make here.
  12. Prodigal

Stop being a d0uche and stay factual. With how much pop did you win it? And how much pop did you have on the other 2 continents?
  13. RF404

I took a closer look at the graphs on http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0&allfactions=false
    And it seems the amount of TR population (or logins) during primetime hours has stayed rather consistent over the last couple months.

So the population imbalance we are seeing now is probably not caused by 4th factioneers switching to TR or more new people joining them, but rather because more people are leaving NC/VS.
  14. LordMondando

your the one who started an argument pella. At this point as far as i'm concerned the problem is irrefutably demonstrated and self-evident.

As a member of the NC and NCTO I can tell you, we do show up, however due to the fact for quite some time now we've had problems with being outnumbered in a range of fields. Getting the numbers out, is starting to get to be a problem. Last night around 9.30, I saw Nc pop below VS pop for the first time I can remember.

The overpopulation, in a game where no matter how good you are the 3rd guy will nearly always get you and numbers not only mean everything, but it only takes and extra 2-3 organised squads to easily turn a battle not 2:1 ratios. Is a significant problem for the longevity of Miller.

NC and VS are facing population declines in virtue of the fact that being camped in a spawn room is no fun. Who knows there may actually be a point out there, where the populations reach a certain point and we slip into a irrevocable demographic cascade failure.

I also think, it cannot just be blamed on 4th fractioniers, as I see a hell of a lot more TR in outfits, than without these days. Obviously its a relative problem and the issue more than anything else perhaps s, is NC and VS underpop.

However, Its at the point where the only debate reasonable people are having is what can be done about it. There is a now sizable population imbalance problem

fair enough.

The numbers corroborate the around 29% 42% 29% imbalance. Which are also demonstrated nightly on the ingame population grapths, and indeed here.
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0&allfactions=false

If it were any one peice of data, it could be dissmissed as potentially erranous, its popping out everywhere though.

At prime, TR are regularly getting a around 10% lead. Given this is hundreds of people more, across all three continents its giving them a significant edge in a competitive game.
  15. LordMondando

I think that is at least a significant part of the problem.
  16. RF404

Not sure what you're getting at here, but I think you need to lower your guard a bit.
  17. LordMondando

My guard is lowered, don't worry.

I just don't think we can blame it on any one factor. Vs population for example has been on a pretty significant upward trend since RPS really took to their VS outfit. I also can't precisely quantify how much the Nc have lost, but I think a lot of previously larger outfits loosing a lot of people, is not them stopping playing. Its them forming their own smaller oufits. these I have seen in large amounts the last month or so, indeed increasingly so. So exactly what is going on with Nc and VS population, is I submit, by no means clear.

The only clear trend we can see, through the evidence is that the relative gap between TR,on the one hand and VS and Nc on the other is increasing.

Its the issue of a game involving 1000's of people, its going to throw out complex and novel problems.
  18. MuNrOe

Wow has the game really lost about 2000+ active players since the start of march.
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=all&timezone=0&allfactions=false

There are some servers there that struggle to put up 600 players in prime time.

What would be great is if they merged every server into 1. Upped the player per map count to 2000 . Put in the empire swap time lock out, and added the 4th map and sanc. Then you would get some real planetside action. Where empires could focus the majority of their faction on one map and still put up a decent defense of the other.

Make warpgates what they should be "warpgates" and not spawn places. This game has at least a year untill it would even get close to anything that resembled it. Considering that it is losing 2000 players a month SOE really need to lift their game before it falls flat on its *** from people leaving. Weather that comes from lack of players on certain servers or lack of meaning full content. Either way things need to change.

Here you go dev's let me show you how thats done.
    [IMG]
    Local lattice is now done time to implement global lattice.

If only they would have listened to the PS1 vets in the first place instead of going around this roller coaster ride of stupidity to come back full circle and agree with us 6 months after tech testing. You guys want something to talk about at your friday night OP's shows or POD casts there you go. Bring this up and stop avoiding it.
  19. Spookydodger

Have all your characters collect their certs when you log in on any of them.
  20. LordMondando

Problems

1) Lag, massive lag.
    2) Lack of expanse capacity.

Not to mention player numbers all flucate as new content comes in, lot down the road.

Overall underpopulation in the game is not an issue, relative population sizes is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.