Notice to all Outfits! Countermeasure to 4th empire

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Dramonicous, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dramonicous

As everyone should be aware of by know then the 4th empire (people who constantly change empire) have gotten extremely out of hand. At this very moment the TR population was 48%, and vanu had less than half that.
    Resulting in a alert that was over 80% in the TRs favor. NC were just barely able to fend them off from taking 100%.

Since this is no fun for any side (even TR, since they dont get any opposition) then I strongly urge all Outfit Leaders to add 1 simple rule to their outfit.

# Faction loyalty!

Until the devs finally realize that the game cannot survive without the 24hrs lockout that existed in PS1 then we have to take the matter in our own hands.
    I will be making this request later today in the leader channel aswell.
  2. StB2000

I have 3 chars of the same faction in Miller. I chose Miller as my server but didn't know what faction i would play. I settled for NC but i log every day my VS & my TR to collect the daily certs. Who knows? Some day i'll want some change and it'd be nice to have some certs to spend on my "new start" toon. Besides, as a premium member, i pay for those daily certs. So i'm not 4th faction : i only play NC. How would i collect my certs with your 24hrs lockout?
    • Up x 1
  3. Mhaza

Let's all join TR :p
  4. Arquin

5. Ash87

What is your recommendation (No, I'm not on this server, but your thread caught my attention)
  6. Qballos

well,its known that TR is easymode PS2 playing..so why do ur best more why ya can kill more easely..Think thisis the main issue that most go to TR
    • Up x 1
  7. Luewen

Yeah yeah. Keep trying to tell yourself that.
  8. Sworaven

When I read this, I kinda get the feeling you're blaming TR. Try to see it from our perspective, the TR faction loyalists. We've got less targets to fight, which means less action. We're all suffering, it's just more visible for the NC and VS. The truth is, everyone is enjoying the game less because of the population imbalance. And I think that's the main problem.

But I agree something needs to be done.
  9. Badname0192

LoL @ TR being easy mode. You should really think about a living as a fiction writer or as an editor for the New York Times ;) !

Throughout the day Mattherson has a population that fluctuates. Sometimes it's TR that is leading, but not by a large portion of percentage points. Other times it is NC or VS, by leaps and bounds over TR.

The game is easy mode and if you're having an issue with it, don't find a scapegoat in any particular faction, go play and practice.
    Then again Miller may be an odd duck. I couldn't explain why TR would have a huge influx of players over others other than it's an EU thing. The outfit I am in has a Brit in it who will play nothing other than TR and I hear a lot of EU players who live here in the US on Mattherson on the open chat.

Perhaps it's some faction lore that attracts people? I don't know. But it's no easier to kill in game with a TR than with any other faction out there.
  10. Luewen

World population doesnt matter for alerts if the continent has 33% of each faction. But then comes the next part of my post.

The thing that i have seen that many times VS and NC has just stopped even trying. NC nests at Esamir and you cant get the vs outta indar. Only time there is 33% VS population if the alert is on indar, other than that they just refuse to send enough peeps to other continents. They could easily have enough peeps for other continents if they would send them from indar. And yes, who cares about cont locks if the fights are fun and there is enough opposition.

Oh and yesterday evenings alert even had 1 or 2 % more VS than TR on the servers. But at the end of the alerts there seems to be lots of 4th factioner VS and NC switching to TR side for the alert win xp.
  11. Ulysees

Pretty sure it isn't good outfits who are having issues with 4th faction switchers during prime-time tbh. And I don't really know where the heck these TR numbers are coming from seeing as the recognised "large" outfits for TR like Goon and BRTD are saying they are only getting around a platoon of players online during normal play hours so it really does seem that people are just switching toons for the duration of the alerts to get free certs which seems non-sensical to me.
  12. Arquin

It doesn't matter who is to blame. What matters is something is done to fix it. Even if it means short-term unenjoyability.
  13. Sworaven

Have you read my post?
  14. MajorZbug

OP you do realise that 4th factionners are not outfit players, right ? Me and my guys are TR to the bone, and we're appalled to see that much people jumping ships, ruining our fights. Pretty sure that NC and VS outfits who lose people because the situation is terrible have guys that just plain quit, instead of switching TR.

You can always make a VS+NC alliance, the kiddies will switch back quickly if they get zerged evening after evening.
  15. allelujah

I wish it was that easy, but there are too many people who are not part of outfits and it is not something that can be policed.
    Hell I'm starting to get bored of fighting TR constantly only to get zerged down and it is nice to go start on the VS just to try and force and more number balanced fight.
  16. Dotz0r

quite annoying for TR at times - having a good fight? - oh wait, here comes the "xp herd". That awkward moment when you want to kill some people but half the faction is crammed down the same corridor for one enemy to c4 and everyone either too afraid to open up on their comrades or are just oblivious to the fact there is anyone else there. Most outfits are classed as zergy- but everyone will just follow each other - if you divert from the herd, have fun with those empty bases - any resistance from the enemy is countered by the migrating herd coming for the xp you have just worked for.

Its a good job TR has numbers, or we would not win the alerts "anyone responding to andvari?" "nobody?" - we respond and there is like a billion gals heading there, either that or at the very end of a cap...sudddenly...tr....

Love it how when a base is about to flip - a crap ton of mossis / prowlers / sundies just come out of nowhere.... :p
  17. Dramonicous

I also have a TR and a NC that I collect daily certs on, and play on rare occasions. But if we dont make that insignificant sacrifice of not being able to play them constantly then we might lose the whole damn server.
    Anyway if the lockout only happend to people who werent members then it would prolly work out for everyone.

Also im quite aware that most 4th empire arent part of a outfit, but seeing as we dont have any leverage over them then theres no point discussing how to stop them.
  18. Pella

People are Judging Population's purely on Alerts.

The next Alert, Look at the 2 Other continents and you will see the TR pop's next to nothing.

TR have built momentum, And every Alert /Leader chat is filled with coordination from most outfits.

NC/VS Lack empire coordination from all outfits, So people cant be bothered to play in the alerts. Not our fault.

For now i'm enjoying the 15k xp
  19. Prodigal

20. Prodigal

No. TR pop is so huge atm that they can have 50-80% on 2 continents and still keep 30% on the third. Sad but true.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.