Notice to all Outfits! Countermeasure to 4th empire

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Dramonicous, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RF404

Good. Because my comment was meant as a response to people who are suggesting that the main cause of this imbalance is coming empire switching, which the data indicates is wrong.

I've seen that arguement more than a few times the last couple of days (including this threads title) so I figured I'd respond to it.

It wasn't aimed at you.
  2. Pella

I have stayed Factual. I just dont like your attitude.

Ok you are now adjusting to where i'm coming from on this subject. Obviously moral is low on NC/VS which to be fair is totally fine to be. As you said getting swamped by TR into the spawn room is absolutely no fun at all. People will log off or wont even log in.

On a side note.

This will blow your mind. Outfit Activity level last 7 days. Look at the %.

PSU still shows outfit members that are not even in the outfit for months. We have 2, And lots of other have the same.

But looking at the big outfits, NC/VS there activity is terrible.

7 Days Logged on / % to outfit total numbers.

[INI] Elite - Logged on 45 / 88%

[IVRI] Vanu's Revenge - 56 / 64%

[DWG] Death Watch Gaming - 101 / 50%

[WASP] Wasp Inc. - 109 / 59%

[BRTD] Better Red than dead - 215 / 64%

[RL] Renegade Legion - 30 / 49%

[ISK] Immortal Serial Killers - 110 / 60%

[252V] 252nd Spec Ops - 141 / 69%

[CONZ] Consortium - 158 / 61%

[VC] Vanu Corp - 75 / 58%

[MYC] MercenaryS - 31 / 86%

[DEIM] Deimos Corp - 71 / 57%

[GOON] Goon Brigade - 116 / 41%

[FU] Freelancer Union - 176 / 57%

[DIG] Dignity of war - 210 / 43%

[RUSL] Russian Legion - 99 / 41%

[MDK] Mandrake - 102 / 45%

[SOV] Sound of Violence 48 / 44%
  3. MuNrOe

Relative population is a symptom. If the Global lattice system was in and many servers merged then this would not even be.

The problem comes back to game design and lack of purpose to fight on different con tenants.

Go back to any time in PS1 say TR had A HUGE pop advantage. What would happen NC would hit a tr cont and Vanu would hit a tr cont. Splitting the empire in two. All of a sudden you have a 50% empire pop reduced to a 25%. Sure sometimes they would both stack and hit the NC or VANU at a point but the fact remained that at some point they had to fight each other. Some of the best fights I ever had were from breaking out of warpgate locks on NC with the Raid forming in the warpgate. Command chat keeping the target quite untill it was called and then hundreds of players all storming off to single cont to break into it.

SOE will look at locking people's empire population and some will log off in frustration if they keep on this same path. Its not the answer.

I mean FFS all these problems were addressed in the original. They did these things for a reason and it all made perfect sense. In short what your experiencing is the game in its current form missing something that was IN THE ORIGINAL!@@!!@ that served to fix this problem.

All I see in this forum any more is people having a cry about problems but they dont offer valid solutions. Half the time if the solutions are there they go ignored or swamped in a sea of cr@p. If there's a problem I guarantee if you look at the original game (PS1) the solution is already there.
  4. Prodigal

Yeah, you dont like that I'm trying to push you into admitting the truth.
  5. Pella

What is this truth you speak of?
  6. Cobsy

No matter how you look at it, as of RIGHT now: VS31% TR42% NC27%
    Now lets get going and kick TR ***!
  7. Prodigal

What we were originally talking about: That during the last Amerish alert, TR pop on Miller was so high that they could outpop 2 continents with about 70% and still maintain 30% pop on the third.
  8. Pella

That is not true. Why are you making this stuff up?
  9. Ulysees

Population imbalance is a part of this games design and to be honest outside of alerts people switching sides doesn't bother me in the least, however the simple solution in theory is that you lock faction swaps during an alert though I have no idea if that is a simple thing to implement from a dev standpoint.

Also players need to play the game the way it is designed, when you have equal server populations then it's a 3 way gang bang and may the better organised empire win but when you have one faction that is significantly stronger in population advantage than the othre 2 factions then the 2 weaker factions gang up to take on the strongest faction, that is where our server is falling down at the moment because the squads that are being run by public players are not playing strategically they are looking for the easiest fightsand this applies to both NC and Vanu as shown on the Indar alert last night where there was massive action on the NC/Vanu border most of the night and only maybe a couple of platoons on NC side pushing the TR front that I saw when looking at the map.

NC and Vanu forces playing the game as it is desgined and focusing on the TR front until they are very heavily contained and then stabbing each other in the back will mean that TR don't dominate the alert wins which will then discourage players tempted to swap to TR toons for what seems at the moment a guaranteed win and a big cert boost and voila the TR population advantage will drop to it's normal 3-5% levels that it has had historically but until players play the game the way it is designed to be played we will see the issue we see at the moment.

NC and Vanu squad leaders need to think about the map a lot more and where their forces are most needed but that is not something that any amount of forum writing will change and needs the in-game outfits who are active on leaderchat to keep on urging their side to fight TR when they are outnumbered, once the pops balance out (which they will) then the status quo can be resumed and we can all go back to a 3 way gang bang like we had in the past but at the minute players and leaders need to step up and encourage the players on their side to play the most sensible strategic option - KILL TR!
  10. Prodigal

lol it is true, everybody who was there has seen it o_O You had more than 70% on Amerish, about the same on Esamir and 30% on Indar.

And it's pretty cheap from your side that you're trying to deny such a fact.
  11. Pella

12. Loui5D

TR have never had more than 65% on any continent that i have seen since release, however they are getting pretty darn close.
  13. Dinapuff

above 50% is not terrible when it comes to activity. We'll fight you on our schedule. Not someone elses schedule. Also comparing your elite outfit with few members that are overly active to anything else would be like comparing apples and oranges.

This thread is pointless. I will not roll TR and kill my server. I will fight the TR, on the hills, on the snowy fields, or in the jungle. Because no matter their numbers there will always be a good flanking position for some fun to be had. If we had more people in WASP and could field up to 3 squads to a platoon daily then no matter the TR numbers we'd be able to take em on. JOIN WASP. Support your faction!
    • Up x 1
  14. Versuchender

As stated before by someone else I doubt the 4th factioneers beeing organised it outfits. Concerning the numbers I actually love being outnumbered. At least to a certain degree. We had some fun nights, delaying the TR tank-zerg with solely one squad (Well, in fact we have been 14 people.) or trying to hold Amerish with about 3 squads (and some 252nds at our side).

We got outnumbered 2+:1 and steamrolled as they threw more and more terran zerglings against our walls, but damn, it was hell of fun to stand the ground, although an even numbered match would have been much more (and longer) fun for all of us. But given even numbers, NC wouldn't have lost the continent :D:eek:

Concerning Alerts: The reward is just a plus in my opinion, at least when TR are over-pop, and I much more prefer the fights (or bonus exp on other continents). There is also to add that TR seems far more organised than NC/VS. (You cannot just blame it on numbers when the zerg waits at a liberated facility to gather some certs instead of following the road.)

To sum it up: Improve or live with it. For my personal experience being outnumbered just gives us the chance, even forces us to improve our individual and team play. Therefore: Bring it on :D
  15. Pella

What are you smoking, It's not a dig at you guys.

Look at the activity in your very own outfit of 2 Months ago compared to now. That is the whole point i'm trying to make.
  16. Legenderp

Yesterday (well, today, very early in the morning) there was a Cold War. EMLD, DIG, RPS, DWG and VC outfits have made an agreement to attack only the TR for the 2 hours of the event, even if it means we lose the fight to the NC. At the end of the alert, not a single region was TR's, though we lost the alert to the NC. What a sweet revenge.
  17. Dinapuff

We still field a good amount of our people during our events. The spontaneous activity has slowed down because people no longer focus on the game anymore. It's ran its course. Kind of like your first year in love. Now people are trying to figure out where to go from there so naturally it slows down.
  18. Dinapuff

So long as we destroy the TR eventually the fourth faction will even out. Keep it up Vanu!
  19. LordMondando

Well yes, there is at least part of the problem.

It is GCSE, A level and University Dissertation/Finals season. That accounts for at least a bit of it.
  20. Pella

True that. I thought i would just put that out there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.