New ARs are disappointing and should be changed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by jp5a9852, May 10, 2014.

1. Halkesh

Actually, VS lack a close-medium AR and TR lack a medium-long AR.
    Revamp the Terminus to a close-medium AR (like the NC carnage) and change the TROQ to be a better mid-long range weapon.
    • Up x 2
  2. jp5a9852

That's my goal. The fact that they changed the lynx and Couger gives me hope they will change these weapons to fill the roles that you suggested. Although I think the TRV should be changed a little to more effective over range like the Carnage.
  3. Heyitsrobbie1984

you know what i find silly is that we already have the Reaper Designated Marksman Rifle so why did they create a rifle that is supposed to trump that reaper weapon. what they have done is make the Reaper Obsolete because they have a larger ammo capacity and higher velocity. This Tross weapon would take over the Reaper as the Designated Marksman Rifle tag for that reason. If the Reaper were to have a use, it might have to have a much needed overhaul of the weapon.
  4. Nakar

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the Terminus does have the same FSRM as the SABR-13, or at least one that is <1 like the SABR-13. It recoils less in semi-automatic mode than it does in burst mode. I have tested this and am sure.

It also seems like they've adjusted the kick so it's more straight upward. But the other factors remain, and I don't know how any normal human being is supposed to hit the clicks per second needed to actually utilize the RPM cap on the thing.
  5. jp5a9852

Well, yeah, your right. I don't know about other people but I don't see a reason to use the reaper. The TROSS is so accurate and controllable I can see it being better than the reaper in every situation except cqc. On that not the reaper isn't even meant to be a cqc weapon so now it has no purpose. That probably needs to be revamped I guess.

Has anyone tried the TROSS and liked the Reaper better?
  6. Tentakewls

Terminus needs a 3 rounds mode, it also needs to not look like the Deimos because I hate that thing.
  7. Heyitsrobbie1984

Congratulations SOE the Tross is the death of the Reaper.

Actually I would just label the Tross a heavy assault rifle and attempt to redesign the stats of the DMR. As a DMR in my opinion, should be a semi auto precision rifle that deals 225 damage with a 15 round clip. I would like to see how that goes.
  8. Heyitsrobbie1984

in my opinion, since it does 145 per shot, i would like to see the recoil halved.
  9. Ozade

That sounds familier, kinda like the beamer's on paper ROF and it's practical ROF
  10. IamnotAmazing

11. vanu123

Give the VS one 167 damage and I'll be fine with it, right now its a crappy SABR-13
  12. Bankrotas

DPM is usually referred as Damage Per Magazine, than Minute, due to already existing DPS and engagements taking way less time than, where DPM would be needed.

That said. The more actual DPM of Terminus, is horrible, like most VS AR's and other 143 30shot weapon types.
  13. NinjaTurtle

I thought the Terminus felt nice as it was
  14. minhalexus

I'm happy with my Tross, not disappointed.

I liked the TORQ too.

They both have a nice and high skill cap.
  15. Heyitsrobbie1984

Not sure about the Torq though, i found the weapon to be "too easy to use" even with high velocity ammo
  16. jp5a9852

Tross and TORQ are both extremely easy to use. The Tross has very little recoil and is very accurate, the TORQ has very controllable recoil also. How do they have high skill caps? I'll say that the TORQ in the hands of high skilled player could kill at long range, but that can be said for most weapons.

Also, I revised my opinion in this thread, I don't think Tross should be revamped after all. Maybe the Reaper needs a touch though.
  17. Heyitsrobbie1984

this has me thinking. maybe the ammo capacity of the Reaper and the Tross should be swapped around, because when your enemies are closer you're going to need those 6 extra rounds with the Reaper where the Tross doesnt
  18. jp5a9852

This doesn't make any sense to me. As far as mag size the TORQ needs it more. It is harder to control so easier to miss and the bullets are MUCH weaker. You also will run out of bullets faster. 200 damage weapons are good in cqc, IMO they just have the raw damage to deal with it. Not that 200 damage weapons out class cqc weapons in close quarters. I saw a review on the ACX11 and it destroyed at cqc, although it had a higher fire rate and would be better than the tross I think the tross should still be able to handle itself just fine in cqc.
  19. OddChelsea

Making the Tross incredibly weak and pointless. As it stands the Tross gains velocity and a magazine size increase at the loss of RoF and reload speed. If it has less RoF, longer reloads AND less rounds than the Reaper for just 650 m/s velocity that the Reaper can match with HV ammo it would be an awful gun.
  20. Heyitsrobbie1984

im not sure about that. 200 damage may be great but you need a favorable rate of fire and a tighter cone of fire for it to excel in CQC