New ARs are disappointing and should be changed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by jp5a9852, May 10, 2014.

1. Heyitsrobbie1984

alrighty. what would you do with the reaper, when the Tross outclasses it with ease?
  2. Verenz

If it were me the Reaper would change to 577rpm, lose the adv foregrip and gain an adv laser, lose HV ammo and gain SP, have the ADS accuracy change from 0.0/0.32 to 0.03/0.30, lose an additional damage tier over range and go with that.

Basically it would be the NC version of the Cycler TRV. It has less DPS and less DPM but also has more ranged potential, the same kind of relationship the bandit and jaguar have. Then the albatross can be the controllable sniper rifle and the reaper can be a true NC feelz DPS cannon without knocking TR's niche off of the top.

Of course it would make more sense to make the albatross be what I just suggested and then change the current reaper to be the upcoming albatross in order to keep the function of the reaper the same as what people paid for.

But look at TR/NC AR's if you made my change:

1. Both have all rounder stock guns with the option to drop a damage tier and fire faster (T1, TORQ, NC1, Carnage).
    2. Both can gain a damage tier and take a long range weapon (Tross, SABR).
    3. Both can take a mobile cqc weapon with fast ADS and tight hipfire (GR-22, TAR).
    4. Both can take a cqc weapon with bad hipfire and no 0.75 ADS but gain truck loads of dps (Reaper, TRV).
    5. I dislike VS assault rifles.

I like the idea anyway :p
    • Up x 1
  3. jp5a9852

I don't know man, if these changes happened it would not be a ranged weapon at all. I don't know how big a change those ads accuracy revisions are but with higher fire rate, attachment switches, lower accuracy, and extra damage drop off, it would be a close quarters gun. The NC already have two cqc weapons, although this would make a more unique cqc AR. Sounds alot like the bandit.

I ask you though, does the NC need a 3rd cqc rifle? It has already got the GR-22 and Carnage AR. This would leave the only long range ES AR to be the TROSS. I do agree the Reaper needs something to help define its role a little better, which in my opinion is medium-long, but your suggestions would just fill a role that is already filled.

Also, 200 damage at 577rpm in cqc, with SPA and advanced foregrip? That sounds a little OP to me. Anyone else feel the same?
  4. OddChelsea

He said advanced laser, not advanced grip. I don't believe it would be OP and I would love to see something like it but I also don't believe it will ever happen. It could drop 2 tiers instead of 1 over range if it was changed like this. So the min damage would be 143 instead of 167.
  5. jp5a9852

Oops! Yeah, I meant advanced laser. Imagine if the NC1 had 200 damage and advanced laser. That would undoubtbly be OP in cqc. That revamp would only be 23 rpm less. However, it isn't going to happen so no reason to debate it I guess.
  6. Nakar

200/550 would actually not be a wholly unreasonable tier, especially with SPA. That's ~1833 DPS, which is a little worse than 143/800 and about 60 DPS better than 143/750. Give it a 20-24 round magazine and the DPM is fairly low. It could work. As it is with TTK and DPS 200/500 can work reasonably similar to 143/750 on the AC-X11. SPA would probably push the weapon over the hump as no 200 damage gun has it (but you could always have it drop off to 143 or 125 minimum to mitigate that).
  7. Verenz

I actually listed the drop off in the quote that was posted :p

But no 577rpm at 200 is about 825rpm at 143, I don't think it would be OP. Cycler TRV has higher DPS and more damage in a mag but with less mid range potential (although with the reapers bad recoil/velocity/drop off it won't be amazing there either - like the bandit).
  8. Bankrotas

Actually, they should switch all stats between Reaper and Tross, so that we would finally have true DMR, not a ******* midranger. Or at least rename to NC-9 A-Tross DMR and NC-7 Reaper AR, so that we have two pirate weapons on our medics.
  9. BobSanders123

I'm still waiting for the 134, 154, 176, 187 and 987 damage tiers.
    As well as more weapons that aren't S models with 700 RPM. And more weapons with 779 RPM.
  10. OddChelsea

987 damage tier? What could possibly have that kind of damage outside of a rocket launcher and still be balanced? Not even bolt action sniper rifles do that.
  11. Nakar

184 tier exists! On the TRAP.
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Damage tiers are, with some specific exceptions that seem geared towards hitting Infiltrators or Nanoweave or had to be just slightly balanced, based on 1/x of players health.
    1000 hp, the damage tiers are 4 shot (250), 5 shot (200), 6 shot (167), etc. Why would they add a lot of extra tiers without any obvious reason for it?
    That said, lower damage tiers are actually better for long range, it's just that the pesky recoil puts a cap on how many projectiles hit.
    As for DPS in CQC: Combat starts with the first shot, not after it, so if the DPS is lower, higher damage weapons might still have a faster TTK.
    The Gauss SAW and Orion have the same 0m TTK, despite the Orion having a 120 dps advantage. There is no true CQC 200dmg rifle, but it would be scary.
    Edit: CoF/Bloom also seems to be at least partially dictated by base dmg, so a 200dmg with not-perfect ADS base Accuracy would be a feature of it's own. Maybe they even programmed it that way.
  13. TriumphantJelly

Ursa is also now obselete.
  14. TriumphantJelly

From what I have seen, it is a burst fire weapon with the recoil of a single-shot weapon, but I don't know how it really handles as I just shot it at the warpgate wall. I think to make it unique we would need to think of a new or revised mechanic, which is a pain in the ****.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Firemode change between Autoburst (burst, 100 ms, burst) and a charged burst that takes a second to load but raises damage tier by 2 steps? ^^
  16. minhalexus

Considering that no player has 100% accuracy, the Orion user will win to the Gauss SAW user in CQC.

If both players lose aim for about 0.1 seconds, the Orion user will recover faster and will win the fight.
    The more number of mis-fires, the more of an advantage the Orion gets.

I really do not know that point you are trying to make here.
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'm making the point that saying a high damage weapon is weaker if it has a lower dps is faulty argumentation.

Btw, spinning that argument a little further (Yes, that's completely offtopic):
    If both users lose aim for 2 seconds, the Orion with be out of Ammo. And if the fight is more than 10 m in distance, both sides need one more shot, which again favours the faster firing weapon.
    Weapons are different, and as such my primary argument, and the Point I was trying to make, is that comparing just one or two stats will not do the facts justice.
    There's been so many weapons that in the past were called out as being weak because they had low dps, until someone discovered they had other features to be used for.