NC6 Gauss SAW -- New players, don't afraid!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Sossen

I'm pretty sure that the SAW has always been 500 and the TMG-50 577.
  2. UNSCSpartan051

The EM6/ Anchor is 600 RPM in the 167 dmg tier, while the SAW S/GD-22s/TMG-50 is 577 RPM in the 167 dmg tier. Gauss SAW is 500 RPM in the 200 Dmg Tier. The CARV/MSW-R is 750 RPM 143 while the Orion is 698 RPM 143 Dmg if I remember correctly. But I am 100 % sure on the Gauss SAW and TMG 50. 500 and 577 respectively. So no. Since release it was this way.
  3. CptFirelord

Ahh must have been the EM6 I was thinking of for fire rate. But still, I'll trade my Carv / TMG for your SAW ;)
  4. UNSCSpartan051

Take it, I'll keep my EM6 thanks. The EM6 is THE best NC LMG you can use, hands down.
    • Up x 1
  5. Torok

damn right you should, I wiped the dust off mine just yesterday after seeing this guy's stats

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917243925217/stats

he's the baws

the GodSaw is the Way, spent 270 hours as heavy assault and yet I only discovered it right now, she was there all the time.
    Or Maybe i was just bad at it trololol.

I went 47/2 in maybe 10 minutes, It's mad good,
    Adrenalinic shield, Nanoweave
    Godsaw 1x, Compensator, Adv. Foregrip

Uber Assault Overpowered

the EM6 is AMAZING, yet it's not as GODLY as the GODSAW!
    it's all about which one you love most, but hey, for new players to get the Saw, 2 DAMN GOOD!
  6. MykeMichail

I pretty much only use my Gauss SAW if I can find a nice spot overlooking a large group of tightly bunched up enemies. In this case, a quick rocket into the middle of the group followed by well controlled Gauss SAW fire can net quite a few kills before the nearest infiltrator within 300 m kills you.
    • Up x 3
  7. UNSCSpartan051

Gauss SAW is amazing at it's role. A SAW. It can supress enemies and make them keep their heads down, as the low ROF gives you a longer time per mag. When directly aimed at an enemy, it is devastating. Tightly clumped guys WILL DIE. But the problem comes when you start moving indoors. The Gauss SAW cannot afford to miss with a 500 RPM. Once indoors, ADAD Strafing( Orion Style) and the INSANE moving CoF will make it hard presses to kill a competent player. The reload on the Gauss is pretty damn long too. Beautiful weapon beyond 40 meters. Bad at anything below 15.
    The EM6 defines the term 'multipurpose'. THIS IS THE SWISS KNIFE OF THE HA. The 167 damage ensures you still pack a punch at range where VS and TR will be doing 125 dmg, while the 600 RPM means that you won't be penalized as much for a missed shot.
    The moving CoF is much better than the SAW. Area of circle = (Pi)(r)square. It gains slightly more 1st shot CoF though.

If you run it with HVA, an optic of your choosing,( recommend 1x,2x,3.4x)compensator and foregrip, it is beautiful. The recoil is not too much, 2 second shorter reload over Gauss SAW.
    The HVA allows you to touch and kill people at 70m or more if using 3.4x scope.
    During <20m encounters ADAD strafing will not fk up your CoF as much as with the Gauss SAW.
    Remember to ADS. If in a tower fight, swap out foregrip and comp for Silencer Ex. mags. 200 rounds of silenced death.

Basically this : Tier 1: SAW - Ranged weapon/Camper Weapon/ Suppressive Weapon
    EM6 - Jack Of All Trades, Good at everything. Good weapon for assaults and dynamic battlefields. 500 Certs
    Anchor - CQC king, loses effectiveness at range due to bad recoil and low magazine count. 1000 Certs

Tier 2 : SAW S - EM6 with less RoF and killing potential but better recoil 250 Certs.

GD22S - Oversized Gauss Rifle, fast reload, good base hipfire but low ammo and low RoF compared to EM6.
    Good Starter at 100 certs.

DO NOT USE SH*T TIER : EM1 - Ask yourself, are your truly NC? Why are you using a puny 143 Damage gun then? NC should always use 167 or above, cuz NC.

NS15M - Can't handle big boy recoil? Using the ACR of Planetside to compensate for something small?
    Puny Dmg and low RoF.
    • Up x 1
  8. Torok

Only had to read 'bout the adad stuff to have me say that I totally agree with you, you're going to die indeed at cqc, people with .75 ms weapons will eat you, you'll have to play pre-emptively before engaging them if you can, EM6 can handle that.
  9. HerpTheDerp

40-50 meters is a quite unlikely distance for a firefight in Planetside 2. It is certainly not the average engagement distance.
    As soon as he loses his shield he will get his full strafe speed back.

Burst-firing also gives you a large DPS hit.

MSW-R's move ADS CoF is .35, which is as good as LMGs get.

You both get equal DPS hit from bursting. He is forced to make shorter bursts but his weapon fires 50% faster. He doesn't suffer accuracy hit from a moving target.

All in all I'd say your argument is biased towards the SAW given the engangement distance(which, again, is rare in the actual game) and I'd still say it's 50/50.
  10. TheTreeness

Glorin, his stat's are God Tier on all his alts and he is most likely the best infantry player, excluding infiltrator (that award goes to Torokokill), on Planetside 2.
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759062401409/weapons
  11. Torok

He's not playing the GODSAW!
    and he's not playing anymore!
  12. TheTreeness

His Gauss SAW stats are still the best I've ever seen.
  13. Sossen

Not really, but it depends on how you play I guess. Look how far it is in the VR. It's mid range. I picked a normal engagement range where strafing might be viable.

Not until 10 seconds have passed with resist shield 5. Or he can choose to use the inferior NMG or AS, but then he will be killed in 11 bullets instead of 13. Which would outweigh the advantage of strafing in my book.

No, he suffers a higher DPS hit because his base COF is worse. He needs to either fire bursts with less total damage - ie his bursts are shorter, but not necessarily with fewer bullets. Or he can fire longer bursts, but then he will miss more. As an example. let's say that the SAW player fires 15 shots per burst. The average COF for each shot will be 0.49. The total damage delivered is 2700-2775. If the MSW-R user wants to deliver as much damage as the SAW in each burst, which takes 21 bullets, then the average COF for each shot will be 0.85. He will have missed a higher percentage of his bullets. If the MSW-R user wants to be as accurate, he'll have to reset his burst more often. Since resetting a burst takes pretty much the same time for all weapons, this means that he'll be reducing his effective RPM more than the SAW will be doing - and quite a bit at that.

And this isn't even taking horizontal recoil into account.

It's still worse than having 0 COF.

Again, 50 meters is very normal. Even inside Tech Plants, Bio Labs and Amp Stations 50 meters is a regular engagement. If I wanted to be biased then I would say 100 meters, which is a rare engagement, but I picked a range right in the middle of the mid-ranges. And I say that the SAW would be more likely to win.
  14. lilleAllan

Real mean run iron sights on their SAW. That's a requirement for the cool guy club.
    • Up x 1
  15. KnightCole

Yup, Gauss SAW is still as boss as ever. 80/14 tonight with it. Running with a small squad destroying people. Even used some performance tweak things posted on the interent, they worked, cuz I ran with a sizeable zerg and the game played fairly well.

But Gauss SAW, I cant quit you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. KnightCole

Edit not working?

Anyway, as for the Gauss SAW in CQC. What makes it work is your own accuracy and the high damage per bullet. It works to kill the enemy faster then he kills you.
  17. umbrellapower

Sorry for a bump, but I've been using the SAW a lot after a very, very long break where I refused to touch it after getting the EM6.

My updated thoughts? SAW is still one of the beastliest weapons in the game, and before I was just using it entirely wrong. My philosophy around the weapon is now how to work the SAW work for you, rather than against you. The Gauss SAW remains the LMG with the highest skill ceiling, and more NC need to stick with it. Wrel's video is very good, but I'd like to expand on Wrel's tips:
    • Stand still while firing as much as possible (Wrel's very fine tip)
    • Move with finesse!
    Gauss SAW users need to realize that the SAW operates in a fashion much different than other guns in this game. Take your PS2 experience and throw part of it out the window. Your natural inclination in a 1v1 shootout may be to ADAD and crouch spam, but with the SAW: don't! Every shot counts and every step you take while firing counts. Newer FPS players love to hold down W (or whatever key for forward movement) while firing. Don't do this while firing with the SAW! The Gauss SAW has a 0 COF standing still, both hipfiring and ADS'ing. Make use of it and land those shots on target much more accurately than VS or TR players could ever hope to.

This may come as a shock for most PS2 players, because we all know standing still pretty much guarantees getting headshotted by 20 different snipers or taking a face full of Orion/Carv bullets. But wait, there's more! Taking the second tip of fine movement in mind, check out this video:

You may be asking, hey, this is a completely different game! Yes, but watch how the player in this video handles his AK shooting. Notice how most of his shots come from a stationary position, with as little strafing/movement needed to get into "optimal" firing positions. This is one way Gauss SAW users can handle the SAW for very effective shooting, even in CQC, that other PS2 guns can't achieve, and definitely one way to stay competitive against Orion/Carv users. Refined movement and decent accuracy will get you a long way with the SAW.

Kind of a short, rushed write up, but I hope it makes sense to at least somebody. I'm still learning and trying to get better with the SAW, and I hope I can come up with even more stuff in the future.
    • Up x 1
  18. umbrellapower

It won't let me edit my post! I didn't mean to say that the Gauss SAW has a 0 COF hipfiring. It has a huge-*** COF while hipfiring.
  19. KnightCole

I have little issue adadad with my gauss saw in close.

When im firing from a fair distance..like 25-45m, i fire a burst move a bit reaim and fire again.

In cqc and Towers n stuf..hit f hold rmb adadadadad let 200dmg do the rest.

Up real close a bit of hipfire followed by accurate ads usually gets a win.

He who is accurate loves his saw. Its very managable recoil. The h recoil is so minimal. Comparing to the em6 nc6 has no noticeable h recoil. Comp removes the horrendous v recoil.

Ppl will forever hate the saw but its amazing.

My last bout of ps2 was my saw in action again

♥♥nc6♡♡