NC6 Gauss SAW -- New players, don't afraid!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

If you look at the forums, you'll see a very love/hate relationship with the NC6 Gauss SAW. Newer players often find it difficult to use (especially without attachments,) and tend to gravitate toward different weapons as soon as they get the chance.

Because of that, here's a minor review, but mostly a guide for making the NC6 Gauss SAW useful.

Agree/disagree? Let me know what you think!
    • Up x 7
  2. NiteJazz

I really like this video. I'm pretty much a pro already and know aim, but your videos really do go into depth.
  3. Kodaa

Liked n stuff cuz Wrel...

...but I still hate the SAW :)
  4. anchorman

I like the video and I have the saw as one of my go to weapons.

Also thx for the last video on how to improve fps it helped my alienware x51 out alot.
    Keep up the videos
  5. KnightCole

Pronouncing gauss wrong...cuz gowss sounds ********....
  6. IronWarrior

Difficult to use this easy mode weapon?

First time I ever heard that.
    • Up x 2
  7. blackboemmel

really? strange, i hear that since the beta. and as you say "easy mode weapon": have you already auraxed it or do you only know it from the receiving end?
    • Up x 2
  8. UNSCSpartan051

re
    Really? Easy mode? Try the CARV or Orion for that ****.
    My advice, buy the GD22S for 100 certs, then get yourself an EM6 after that, use the Gauss Saw between using the other two to get a feel for it, and then only use it if you like it.
  9. AlmostTerrible

Easy mode? CARV? Lol, they nerfed the CARV badly. I'll trade you my CARV for your SAW.

The SAW is amazing, but it really shouldn't be the default LMG. EM6 should be - it's a more rounded weapon.
    • Up x 2
  10. UNSCSpartan051

The CARV is a low skill ceiling weapon while the SAW is a high skill ceiling weapon. It is in no way 'ezmode'. The CARV is nowhere near as good as the T16.
  11. Flashtirade

> don't afraid

A good guide. I remember having a horrid time with the vertical recoil when I first started out. I ended up going with the GD-22S and then the SAW S (which I got my first Auraxium with) before finally coming back to the SAW.
  12. vanu123

13. Takoita

I'd say that foregrips aren't really needed if you are just running around with 2x scope.

That 'stop trying to make figure 8 with yourself while shooting' can be quite hard to break yourself out of though.
  14. DocteurVK

Got a little practice with it yesterday on My NC Alt. It's a nice weapon, but needs practice to perform well with, especially because of the massive recoil when you start firing longer bursts.

At med range, I found it impressive with a 3.4 scope and small bursts of 2-4 bullets. I fount it very usefull versus Heavies with shields as their movement is slowed down (ADAD not saving them). Moving targets are a lot harder to hit due to the slow RoF.

I had no other attachment, so maybe a Comp + foregrip would help with the recoil

As A VS main, I felt disoriented with that gun compared to my Orion, more comfortable with a 1X reflex + foregrip for CQB battles.

It remembered a lot my Flare (auraxium on it) which needs also to be bursted to be effective mid range.
  15. shd

I've shelved my SAW for the time being. It's my favorite gun in the game but with the recent quality of life changes SOE gave us (horrible lag and no damage hits) i found that due to saw's nature it suffers the most from it. So i'm working on my Anchor auraxium atm and loving the gun more and more.
  16. Heme

The Carv was heads and tails above the Saw until the recent patch. Now its reverse
  17. Osskscosco

Should be moved to a 1k certs gun.
  18. Tekuila

The Carv has sucked nuts ever since they nerfed it around launch.
    • Up x 1
  19. toastybanban

The SAW isn't easy mode, compared to the Carv or the Orion it's a hooker (stock SAW) who'll pleasure you after giving her a **** ton of cash (certs) and will eventually become your best friend (learning to control it and use it effectively) and eventually you realize that hooker is God. Hence the GOD Saw.

I have no idea how I came up with that.
    • Up x 1
  20. Danncingdevil

if your looking for a good weapon for a NC heavy other then the Saw I recommend the Em1. you slap the extended mag on that and you got staying power at nearly any range only draw back is less damage then the saw but it can keep firing nice and smooth.