NC6 Gauss SAW -- New players, don't afraid!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Aug 12, 2013.

1. UNSCSpartan051

Devil you serious? EM1 is a TR gun wannabe which fails misrably IMO. The Anchor is much better for Adv. Laser and the EM6 Ex.mags nets you 200 rounds of 167dmg goodness. Right now the best TTK LMGs are the Anchor,SAW and EM6. The EM6 is the best for all purpose use when fitted with comp and forgrip and sight of your choice. Anchor with Adv. Laser for hipfire goodness. SAW is well, the SAW.
  2. HerpTheDerp

A typical SAW apologist review.
  3. hansgrosse

I actually agree with him for the most part. I don't agree that it's useful at long range, but at mid-range and closer it's a very good gun. It's actually very controllable when ADS in long, sustained bursts, and it's effective enough at hipfire to still be competetive up close despite its lower damage per-shot. Its best feature is its huge magazine combined with its very short reload time; You'll always be ready for the enemy when you've got this thing out.

When defending the EM-1 does exactly what its description says it does: lets you consistently spam rounds downrange and nets you control of fire lanes and chokepoints. Beyond that, it's also an excellent choice for assaults. It might not be as effective as the Anchor in many respects, but not having to worry about reloading in the middle of a push can and does work wonders. EM-6 is also notable for its extended magazine, but it seems to be worse at hipfire than the EM-1, which IMO is detrimental in the assault role.

Basically, the EM-1 works for some and doesn't for others. I, for one, love the thing.
  4. ovakin

You have to use it like a chainsaw, the name is there for a reason...
  5. Wrel Developer

You're pretty much spot on. NC generally hate the EM1 due to the low damage, this is folly considering the VS Polaris and TR's T16 Bull suit the same roles. Sacrifice damage for sustained fire and mobility in medium or less than medium range, suits my playstyle very well.
  6. Unclematos7

New
    UNSCSpartan051 said:
    “Devil you serious? EM1 is a TR gun wannabe which fails misrably IMO. The Anchor is much better for Adv. Laser and the EM6 Ex.mags nets you 200 rounds of 167dmg goodness. Right now the best TTK LMGs are the Anchor,SAW and EM6. The EM6 is the best for all purpose use when fitted with comp and forgrip and sight of your choice. Anchor with Adv. Laser for hipfire goodness. SAW is well, the SAW. ”
    No. The EM1 is part of the 143/652 series of weapons found in all 3 empires. Their selling point is good COF bloom and low recoil in exchange for DPS. Perfect for midrange but can function in close range when pressed to do so. The reason people hate it is that while the TR's Rhino has the ADV forward grip to help it with midrange, the EM1 has the ADV laser sight for close range where it is outperformed by LMGs designed for close range. Sure you can kill an inf/la/med/eng with it thanks to your shield but if you run into someone with an Orion or MSW-R you're in trouble. It has an identity crisis: it wants to be a CQB gun when it really is a midrange gun.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nakar

This is simply empty hyperbole. The CARV is great... for its particular purpose. That purpose is killing people effortlessly and without stopping within about 20m, and it's still perfectly usable from 20-40m if you know what you're doing.

In many ways it's the reverse of the SAW, which is great at range and usable to increasing degrees of closeness provided you know how to use it. But like the CARV it has a certain range where better choices outpace it.

And then there's the Orion, which is just awesome everywhere.
  8. Tekuila

I'm afraid what you are saying is the hyperbole.
  9. KnightCole

Carv, its a mswr without the adv laser.

Em1, its a wannabe cqc gun that also lacks the punch required for distance fighting. It doesnt know what it is.

Saw, full auto sniper rifle

Em6, short-midrange genocide in a can

Orion...some vs thing...

T16-a midrange gun that pretty much sucks like the em1 for all the same reasons

Mswr-idk...

Tmg50-poor tr copy of a gd22s
  10. lilleAllan

I'd say the NC hates the EM1 because it's basically inferior to the EM6 in most ways that matter.

The EM1 outputs less damage, packs less damage per clip, hits its minimum damage sooner, has more horizontal recoil, greater 1st shot multiplier and worse CoF.
    This makes it noticably worse for mid range engagements imo and it's not even that good at sustained fire.

It does have access to adv laser sight and soft point , but the low damage output and terrible default hip accuracy prevents it from being a good hipfire weapon. Other than that, it has faster reload, slightly better bullet speed, 50 more rpm and less vertical recoil.(which can be negated by putting a compensator on the EM6)

The EM6 basically outclasses it at mid range. If people are desperate for a 650 rpm weapon, then there's the NS LMG, which handles a lot better.
  11. Mxiter

Nice review Wrel (as often).
    I personally think that the GR-22S or the EM6 should be the NC starter gun.
    They don't needs 330certs to be handleable and are much easier to handle.
  12. GSZenith

nice tips for a new player, apart from one thing.

recommending a nc reflex scope, reflex scopes are just so awful in ps2 that a noob while be way better of with a 4x scope.
    tried myself playing around with my TMG with a 2x scope, maybe killed 5players in 30min, swapped back to my 4x, kill after kill.
    point is reflex scope in ps2 are not worth using + they don't shoot @ the dot.
  13. soeguud

Better yet, admit that NC is a one trick pony and start with a VS or TR character instead. You'll have a far more enjoyable experience.
  14. Adamar09

Please stop. It was bad enough listening to your drivel in-game.
    • Up x 1
  15. soeguud

It's a miracle that you haven't blocked me yet? Understand that you've been given a choice and as that choice was to put up with my drivel, suck it up.
  16. KnightCole

Well soeguud, your record is better on ur nc guy...
  17. Shiaari

I don't really get it. Why so much hate over the SAW? The key to using any gun in PlanetSide is simply getting the muscle memory down in your wrist. I sympathize strongly with NC adjusting to this weapon prior to VR, but now you can just go there, try different attachments, and squeeze off clip after clip... after clip.

It doesn't matter how far or in what direction you have to drag the mouse. Practice makes perfect.

The SAW is a fantastic weapon. A good NC heavy with a SAW isn't the kind of thing you deal with lightly.
  18. HerpTheDerp

You don't get it because you have no idea how weapons in PS2 work. Recoil is one thing, random spread is another. You can't "counter" or "adjust" for a random spread. It's RANDOM.

Of course since you play as VS you probably wouldn't even know random spread exists.
  19. TheTreeness

ADS move COF can be countered by burst firing. The initial shots still retain a small enough probability cone of area for shots on the Gauss SAW that you can retain a consistent accuracy at 50 metres. This is further complemented by the very low ROF of the Gauss SAW making COF bloom much less of a problem than its 600+ RPM LMG counterparts.

Not to mention that you can crouch+move+holdfire to reset the move COF to something more consistent for 40+ metre engagements.
  20. Spude

SAW = best weapon if you know how to aim, headshots are 3x more effective than TR or VS headshots :)