NC win rates are dreadful

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Callsign-YukiMizuki, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Lamat

And the bright yellow targets all over every NC character, it's like they were made to be farmed by design.
    • Up x 1
  2. saronyogg

This is bad
    In on NC and barely we can lock one continent daily, with luck
    Most of players go to VS or TR
    I dont know if because of poor balancing weapons, or color preferences, or weapon preferences, but please Devs do something
    Its not funny to be zerged even with just 10 idiots against you at your own for defending a biolab no one else in your faction cares to save
    And usually use to be 2 continents unlocked all the times, now most of the time is just one
    Either many people are quitting the game, which im thinking it, but so far i cant find any other alternatives (please any suggestions, i like MMOs, F2P with no cash wall, i dont mind if i have to grind some)
    Or the devs did something about pop threshold on the continents
    • Up x 4
  3. Lamat

On Emerald for the past week or more, I've noticed NC pop has been low during primetime. Even though a while back, we had one really good weekend where we almost owned all continents. Possibly a lot of players have switched to VS because they now have the numbers and are kicking a$$. I am not saying VS is OP, only NC is maybe becoming unappealing and always losing is demoralizing to some, personally I mainly play them for the lore and I like a challenge anyway.
  4. Rydenan

The statistical evidence that NC is at a disadvantage is beyond overwhelming. Mathmatically, if you were to look at the rate of NC wins versus the wins of the other factions, the statistical significance would be off the charts. 25% win rate, when the expected rate would be 33% (if the factions were balanced), across a sample size of tens of thousands, would make for a z-score of absurd proportions. In other words, math would prove with essentially 100% certainty that NC is at a real, mechanical disadvantage versus the other two factions.

But the devs must have skipped stats class back in the day, because they seem to have no intention of ever addressing the issue.
    • Up x 2
  5. Lamat

Are there other stats available besides Alert wins?

I feel like with the new Update today, NC will almost never win, as they seem to be the favored enemy if there is a choice. I can't see NC triggering an Alert and not getting totally stomped. (On Emerald at least)
  6. Rydenan

Not that I know of, although alerts are basically the best assessment of "faction effectiveness" we have in this game up to this point.

And I agree with you, by raising the stakes of victory, NC's disadvantage will only be exacerbated. It will probably be a rare occurrence indeed for NC to pull off a win outside of off-hours. And, of course, the devs will no doubt continue to ignore this trend.
  7. Beerbeerbeer

I really do think the slower ROF guns (in general) put the NC at a disadvantage versus the other empires, regardless of any "sheet DPS."

These high or higher ROF guns, regardless if they are carbines, AR or LMGs, just out perform slower ROF equivalents. At least I perform way, way better using the highest ROF guns.

The damage drop off change made this disparity even worse imo as I perform better with high ROF guns regardless of range NOW.
    • Up x 3
  8. Lamat

If it goes the way we expect, there might actually be uproar over NC losing out on the new rewards. That and any underpop faction on any server.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jagflash

I don't know if it is just me, but whenever I log on in busy times, TR and VS are hammering NC but not each other... That might have something to do with the higher loss %...
  10. Lamat

The CAI update has really highlighted the problem, NC on Emerald has only won a single prime time alert, it was on Amerish while everyone else was on Indar. When TR or VS initiate an alert the other faction just keeps fighting their favored enemy NC. And the NC population keeps dwindling each night, it's pretty depressing.

Should there maybe be an xp bonus for killing the alert initiating faction?
  11. Thaumatos

Pretty much everyone who plays NC or all three factions agrees that NC has the worst weapons in most situations.

Anyone who doesn't play NC (or refuses to for fear of being trounced with bad weapons) will not admit it.

That's all there is to it. You'll never have an end to this argument.

Therefore, this leads to more of the "good" players (the ones who know they're too good to play with disadvantages) migrating to the other factions.
    • Up x 1
  12. Humoreske

Reaver : big and heaviy. almost useless.
    Skyguard : nerfed.
    MAX's AA : nerfed.
    RocketLaunchers : nerfed.
    AA turrets : nerfed.
    Now enemy Liberators are always flying over us. Valkyries too.
    How can we stop enemy Air Force? :confused:
  13. Lamat

What I've learned about the Reaver is you MUST learn how to hover fight or you're at an extreme disadvantage, you are less maneuverable and slower and can't escape. Once you can hover fight you will generally only have problems with the good pilots. The Reaver's larger hit box really hurts when you fight the good pilots though, Scythes will stay facing you and you are shooting at a razors edge, Mosquitos are just generally small not as bad but also never give up a dinner-plate target when they turn.

Check this series out, there are 4 vids. "Learning to Fly":

And this one sums it up, "Hover Tips":

I can't fix the game, but I can share what's helped me.
  14. Lamat

Not all players will want to switch factions if they have invested a lot of time into their main, and if they've struggled as NC they may down right hate the other factions by now.
  15. pnkdth

When I checked alerts earlier today NC had won 19 of the last 50 alerts on Miller. Do like Miller NC and start winning.

I'm one of those who's played on all factions and I've yet to come across any side which doesn't claim this. I mean, of course, the side you picked are harder to play, requires more skill, zerg less(only the other factions do this!), etc etc etc. Personally I love the NC weapons. Only reason I rarely play NC is because of Miller NC really doesn't need yet another solider to further add to their overpop. No fun for anyone.

Then you enter the forums and you have the usual suspects competing over who can "prove" their faction is the worst and totally deserves buffs.
    • Up x 2
  16. LordKrelas

You know, I find the little detail, but I agree with the fact that all factions zerg, complain etc.
    You said NC on Miller won 19 or 50 on Miller.
    You also say the NC on Miller has Overpop.

So, you say they won 19 of 50, with overpop.
    Now lets see how many the rest of Miller won, without Overpop, and then we have the status of Miller NC vs Miller TR & Miller VS.
    I don't play Miller, so that's be useful data.
  17. Lamat

Do like Miller NC and get over population, that's your answer?
  18. pnkdth

Overpop does not factor into alerts given max pop per continent. Overpop tend to affect time in between alerts and secondary continents more since it is then and there the overpop comes into play.
  19. Lamat

Of course it affects winning alerts, if you're over popped you at least have the max players available, then you can even work on capping or stopping others on other continents.
    • Up x 1
  20. LordKrelas

What kind of logic is this?
    More people to defend, more people to attack, more people to use in reaction to everything.
    An Alert requires fast action, that is decisive;
    Overpop allows numeric advantage to steamroll bases & block captures by the enemy.
    This means Overpop allows the very core of what an Alert needs to be done, at a very hefty advantage.

Secondary Continents, can be flooded by the overpop without a disadvantage.
    By comparison, those with less people can't afford to match those sent off into the secondary maps when facing an enemy already outnumbering them.

Numbers matter a **** ton in alerts.
    What in hell are you smoking.