NC scattermax overused

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Curse_Gamerkin, Feb 7, 2013.

1. xMihr

I think you may be selling the TR/VS short with this assumption, the TTK for a mercy MAX on my LA coming from 30M is still quite high, high enough to kill before I can chip away anymore than a small chunk of HP. Their damage doesn't fall off in short range either, the accuracy just increases making them a stronger and more capable opponent if they too dashed to gap close an ADADA HA.
  2. wingspan

Fair enough. I only have unlocked (and play) NC MAX. My TR/VS MAX experience is only fighting them as NC.

What are the "best" TR and VS MAX weapons for AI to try?
  3. xMihr

Mercies are generally the best AI for TR, I'd grab cosmos for a VS MAX until they sort out whatever they're doing with blue shifts. Both play very differently from an NC though, died a few times pushing in with my TR MAX using my NC mindset.
  4. Ender

In the video I posted I'm using a Dual Cosmos/Kinetic 3 Loadout
  5. Doktor Fink

I'll say the NC maxes are strong, for sure, but spamming other maxes is just as effective. Quite fun, actually, having large max fights.
  6. JonboyX

You're missing a trick. Since GameUpdate2 - there's a deadspot between 0 and 5 metres from the NC max.

Maybe people have just got "used" to being able to solo things. Solo a tank. Solo a max. Solo and ESF. Solo a gal? I know when I go down in a max it's because my opponents (generally tr being better at this) have launched a deci and followed it up with some LMG fire.

If you "mainly" play Engi or Medic, then you're bringing the wrong tool to the job I would say.