NC scattermax overused

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Curse_Gamerkin, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Curse_Gamerkin

We all get it, your only good in close range. but everytime NC is on defense why does there have to be 5 scatter maxes around every corner, Its bad enough factions are losing players to NC just to play Scattermaxes almost every scattermax is level 5. Does SOE even bother to make a change? at least drop the fire rate, or buff our maxes to be that effective at long range. cant assault a tower cuz theres 4 maxes on each stair case, turn the corner in a biolab and see 5 scattermaxes rushing to left run i run away from 2 on a point. no other faction spams maxes this much.
  2. Johnnyseven

Because no other faction has **** all else to spam.

On a more serious note, they really aren't that hard to counter. Their anti-MAX capabilities are greatly overestimated.
  3. frankenroach

I honestly like the fact that the NC has such a fearsome MAX. When you're in a Biolab (or anywhere, to be honest) and you see one, it's a real "oh ****" moment, and I like that. The things are effective as hell at what they do, so why wouldn't the NC use them? It's just like the VS with Magriders, or TR with CARV 9s (lol...). I'll admit that getting my face ripped off in one or two hits definitely makes me want to throw something across the room, but finally managing to drop one of those beasts is also equally satisfying.
    • Up x 7
  4. FateJH

The NC MAX is my favorite class to see. And then it kills me. But it was still nice to see.
    No love for the NC Infiltrator that OHKOs me as I run out of the spawn room. :mad:
  5. Edgar Allan Bro

If I see 1 more "NC MAX OP" thread, I'm going to scream!
  6. LordMondando

Or Magrider, or Mozzie, or whatever.
    • Up x 1
  7. xMihr

I must have imagined all of the TR mercy MAXs every time there is any form biolab or infantry fight on Connery.
  8. Jac70

You see lots of NC Max Op threads because the NC Max far excels the other faction Maxes in their role. If I see an NC Max in a base assault (what do I mean 'if', I only see NC Maxes in base assaults) unless we have massive re-inforcements I just re-deploy.

There's **** all you can do against them without massive backup. I see lots of threads from people who say you just do this or you just do that but I am a decent player and there is no reliable tactic you can use to take them down. If you are anywhere near them you are dead. If you are at distance they just charge away.

The big issue with them is the TTK - it's instant at anything less than 15m. Not 1 second, not .5 of a second, instant. How the **** are you supposed to counter something that kills you as quick as it sees you?
  9. Jaquio

I'm NC, so I don't have to worry about facing a ScatMax. I don't run them myself (I prefer LA in attack situations), so my reaction to a ScatMax wouldn't be all that much different to any other Max. It's not like I'm going to go toe-to-toe with a TR Max with two Mercies. It's always "avoid the boom boom end, lure him onto C4."

But yeah, when I see Magriders bobbing around trying to blast a spawn point, I don't think "this is unfair," I think "I'm going to blow you up, then strut around like a peacock."

Yeah I'm sure it's annoying fighting a ScatMax in Biolabs, but it's also annoying trying to cap a outer point (say the B point at Crossroads) with a Magrider strafing in circles around the building shooting in every window. It would be boring if we all fought the same thing.
    • Up x 1
  10. xMihr

Well there is plenty you can do about them and many people have posted good threads and ideas about defeating a scatmax in their optimal range. Not to knock you on player skill but if you're still having difficulty to the point where there is *nothing* you can do then perhaps this is one area where you're lacking.

A piston can drop a MAX in an instant, flash bangs or concussion grenades can heavily impede their aim, C4 will gib or seriously wound every single MAX. Lets think about this though, you want to 1v1 a MAX that only excels in CQC by engaging it in CQC with your no resource cost infantry and you want it to be easy?
  11. frankenroach

With numbers :D

Just like you had said earlier in your post, probably the only reliable tactic (that I know of, although I'm sure there are plenty of skilled players who would say otherwise) that can be used to overcome the deadly ScatMAX+Biolab combo is zerging. Earlier today, the TR on Jaeger had to deal with multiple NC platoons hunkered down in Allatum. They had MAXes out the *** and a good deal of engineers keeping them well fed. After about 45 minutes, we finally managed to break through simply be overwhelming them with sheer numbers.

You know how it is; the guy in front of you absorbs as many ScatMAX shells as he can while you pump rounds into said ScatMAX, then it's your turn to hit the chopping block, whilst the guy(s) behind you assume your previous position :)
  12. Kache

I like them. I try to avoid them at all costs in biolabs. Man, you don't want those two shotguns up in your face.
  13. Curse_Gamerkin

Just had a tower fight where we outnumbered the NC greatly, the infantry was easy if they were picking people off from behind maxes. and i understand i get the "oh sh*t!" moment when u see one, but you dont get that when u see a TR or VS max. in a similar scenario NC maxes have to be avoided where a VS and TR max gets rushed.
  14. Jac70

I run with medic/engineer class pretty much exclusively. This leaves my options pretty limited when taking down Maxes. It's C4 or being a bit creative. I can take down a TR Max quite often. I did today, I was capping an outpost terminal for Andvari. Went outside to meet a threat that I saw coming when I noticed a TR Max approaching. Ducked into the building, threw a tank mine in the entrance, retreated back and waited for him to arrive. He gets to the doorway and has a few milliseconds to open fire as I start firing at the mine. The NC Max would have instakilled me.

Using C4 to throw at the Max and detonate is a viable tactic againt a TR Max but not a NC Max. When one faction has a Max with a .002s TTK and the others have a TTK of 2 - 3 seconds there is an imbalance.
  15. xMihr

So your evidence that an NC MAX is too powerful in CQC is an anecdote where you lure a MAX into CQC? Was that really what your point was? Honestly, you're outside, more than capable of fighting at range and choose to not do so because the TR MAX would have had its way with you via Mercies and make the smart call to go inside to bait the MAX. Should this encounter be with a scatmax you'd still opt to forego your range advantage and instead position yourself exactly where that MAX would shine.

Brilliance.
  16. Jac70

That's why I said 'unless we have massive re-inforcements' :D
  17. Bill Hicks

bee ba ba bada boo bee ba ba badda bo
  18. frankenroach

But why should you have to? When people think of the most fearsome/destructive thing the NC can throw at them, it's the ScatMAX. It's their trademark, it's unique, and it's nowhere near gamebreaking. It's just like the complaints about the VS being very hard to see at night; it's one of their freaking specialties, even mentioned in lore. The NC are known for being hard hitters, and the ScatMAX is the epitome of one-shotting destruction.
  19. Teykila

but, we only have this... remove our NC Max and NC would be even more fu**ed up, seriouslly, look all the other class/vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  20. Jac70

What the sweet jesus is this range advantage you talk about. I know you NC boys like to pretend that the NC Max is completely useless outside 2m but it's not the case. At medium range the NC Max might be inconvenienced enough to have to press his LMB 2 - 3 times rather than once. Further ranges he just runs away.

Whatever, if I see a **** ton of NC Maxes in my Bio Lab I will re-deploy - I ain't runnin onto spamcannons all evening. You can have it.