NC scattermax overused

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Curse_Gamerkin, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Curse_Gamerkin

The NC do more damage, and have better accuracy than TR, they even have some of the highest pop in some servers. why would people play a faction they think has nothing to it?
  2. WolfA4

You sure do like to spread misinformation. The NC Max can only kill quickly at ranges of less than 10m, that's 30 feet, that's really close.
  3. xMihr

Ooo hyperbole, if only you employed such variety in MAX fighting tactics as you do in poorly grounded forum posts you'd be halfway to defeating a very beatable and limited class!
  4. JohnnyMaverik

Not at the moment it isn't :(
  5. Grayser

Give us your 100 round mini chaingun arms, aka 200 rounds and enjoy the Scattermax. Having tried it alot yeah its cool from 5-15 meters after that meh. Get some perspective, VS is decent at all ranges(by no means good) TR one is excellent CQB to Mid range and ours is shotgunning close range.

Take two minutes before you post this ridicolous stuff and go watch one of the many videos made displaying how incredibly ineffective our maxes are at even 10 meters.

TL;DR Our max is usable within 10-15 meters at best, VS/TR every range.
  6. akajefe

The usual NC retort is "But our MAX sucks at range!" It would be a decent point if VS or TR MAXs were good at close/medium range. Would NC have a problem if VS/TR MAXs had an SMG strapped to each arm?

In all the "MAX weapons test" videos, they have 2 stationary MAXs facing each other at various ranges. I think a better test of MAX weapons would be for them to face off against HA INFANTRY at various ranges, and numbers.
  7. Curse_Gamerkin

The NC maxes are ok, but they shouldnt be what 9/10 NC turn towards to hold a base. theyre too effective in close combat with just one, and now you have to fight them in groups, attempting to rocket spam NC maxes and C4 them is almost in impossible task in the first place with just 1, and when you do they just get revived, or theres 2 more behind that one. Reduce fire rate, increase recoil. in crease spread, fire half as many pellets, Playing a TR and VS max at least takes thought, not tap M1+M2.
  8. Jac70

Nonsense!
  9. Curse_Gamerkin

99.9% of the fighting doesnt take place out in the open, middle of the road. its in a base that has 5x5 rooms, hallways, and corners every 2 feet. its effective at .1-15 meters and more with slugs. Almost every base is CQ so a scat max is deadly in almost every base, and not just "omg that hurt" kinda deadly, 2 bursts and ur instantly dead in 1 second and everyone around you, that kind of deadly.
  10. turtlestation

TR MAXes are okay at close range and decent at medium. VS MAXes are terrible at every range. I'd rather be ****** at medium range and absolutely devasting at close than merely okay at both. And this is assuming NC scatMAXes and hackMAXes aren't effective at all at medium range. They are.
  11. GamerOS

Throw some grenades, concussion, flash even EMP.
    If they don't run they sign there own death warrant.
  12. Curse_Gamerkin

Just to add, with a mercy max, at least my targets have a chance to fire back and/or get away by running when im point blank range. and at close range mercies hit almost nothing, and thats why TR maxes/Vs maxes get rushed by NCs with pistons.
  13. Bambolero

Just logged off after a succesfull Biolab defence.
    I saw 3 hacksaw players total while enemy (Vanu) had 2 teleporters +were comming from jumpads from time to time.
    Bunch of LAs though, including myself, even though I have double hacksaw I rarely use it anymore, I get more kills with my LA because there are lot less noobs that run into Hacksaws atm, they learned to play I guess, so Hacksaw dudes just sit there shooting at shields from time to time just to make their presence known..
    Good LAs are all you need to lock spawn rooms or defend anything pretty much.
    So there goes your theory.
  14. nella

If you dont spam maxes in bio labs you're doing it wrong, and that goes for all factions. But I see a **** ton of VS and TR maxes in bio labs too.
  15. X3Killjaeden

Pretend it's 2 Heavies with Shotguns instead of a Max and commence fighting ... thank me later.
    • Up x 1
  16. xMihr

TR/VS MAXs are good at medium and close range. You put a TR/VS MAX against an HA it'll win at likely any range because of higher DPS, better small arms resistance and a higher health pool. You put an NC MAX against a HA at medium range the HA will win simply because the optimal damage range for a shotgun is a lot shorter than people like to believe.

The reason we do MAX VS MAX tests is to compare similar units in the sense that they both have equal health and resistance and the tests and videos have proven time and again that even in a biolab there is plenty of room to put a TR/VS MAX over an NC MAX in a mythical 1v1.

Do you want to test the TTK of the different MAX units against a stationary HA? What would this prove? An NC MAX is faster at CQC but the TTK is lengthened and beat by TR/VS as range increases over 10m? This is something everyone being intellectually honest already knows, the problem is convincing those practice cognitive dissonance and their tests are generally pretty light on supporting evidence and reason.
  17. Ghosty11

Oh cry me a river. I play VS as well, and everyone knows our MAXes suck, but if I run around a corner and get a face full of ScatMAX, I don't cry about it. ScatMAXes are the easiest to bait on to mines and C4, because they get over confident in their ability to kill you, so they will follow around a corner, and BLAM.
  18. Curse_Gamerkin

This is only in a very good situation where theyre stupid, and the fire squad behind a max doesnt kill you. Every says spam rockets and c4, you can, sure. but their numbers make them more effective, the number of scatmaxes i see in fights doubled. And in a room where its 5x5 with the point A,B, or C and you need it back, good luck. once a scatmax is in a room your not getting it out.
  19. Sparks

Option 1: Zerging with numbers
    Option 2: Concussion/Flash grenade spam (you still have to die at least once to know the camping MAX's location)

Option 2 isn't really used much but it can have somewhat of an effect.
  20. Jac70

Again with the bs. I often use C4 with my medic class and the NC Max will not be baited around corners. They wait for you to leave your safe spawn room because they know that they can stand on their corner all day. You need to come out of the spawn, they don't need to do ****.