Name Unavailable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ManDude, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Reaper666

Ill believe it when i see it
    • Up x 1
  2. Slakolov

any luck after restart?
    • Up x 1
  3. Grimmace

Nope, still bugged.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vedic

Nope, now Helios won't even work. I'm giving it more time, since there are probably backend servers (like the ones that track names/friend lists) that might need to get rolling too.
    • Up x 1
  5. MoritzJT

First day and this happens :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Saintlycow

Nope. And now helios is broken too
    • Up x 1
  7. Vedic

Me too! I played it for a minute with my old PC and it wasn't playable, so I come back after an upgrade and...this happens. A bug that screws new players is just about the worst thing that can happen to a game like this. Bummer for them. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  8. BurntCherryCoke

Ok... now there is two problems.

1) When I select an empire and then go to server selection it throws me back out to empire selection
    2) When I DO actually get to create a character (after trying and restarting a bunch of times) it still goes through name unavailable.
    • Up x 2
  9. MrDarkShadow

now its all glitchy switching between charecter creation and charecter choose screens. even tho for me the choose screen is empty i go to create and after a bit it just plops back to choose. After that plops to create.
    • Up x 2
  10. Vedic

I'm getting both of those issues too. Also, I did another validation and it didn't help.
    • Up x 1
  11. Slakolov

Well this game is unplayable, back to dayz.
    • Up x 1
  12. MrDarkShadow

THE FIXES ARE HAVING AN OPPOSITE EFFECT HERE PEOPLE! now i do beleive a free gun is worthy. LOL
    • Up x 2
  13. Reaper666

and after the restart, boomboomboomb is an unavailable name... lolwut?
    • Up x 1
  14. Apoc

YUP FREE GUNZ....
    • Up x 2
  15. Reaper666

looked interesting when i first saw it, but its more trouble than its worth, so im not going to support this one
    • Up x 1
  16. DarkSnipe

Indeed, glitching from the Character select back to Empire select. Click empire, go back to name, kicks you back and does some strange glitching again. Restarting the client makes it somewhat usable again. However, character name is still unavailable.

-D
    • Up x 1
  17. Cestio

Yep... just here to verify that nothing was fixed with that restart, and that there's an additional bug that repeatedly puts you back on faction select while attempting to make a character.
    • Up x 1
  18. cann2072

Has anyone else notice the friends list gone
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Vedic

That's part of the bug. Anything having to do with player name lookups is broken - outfit memberships, friends list, character creation, etc.
  20. MrDarkShadow

Ya that has been mentioned already.
    • Up x 1