Name Unavailable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ManDude, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ManDude

I just downloaded the game last night and when I tried to make a character it tells me that all my typical names are unavailable. Not only that, when I randomly type a crap load of numbers behind the name it gives me the same thing. Is there an issue with the name servers or something?
    • Up x 1
  2. Vanom

Yeah, looks like something iss wrong with the nameserver. Every name iss unavailable no matter how weird the name iss...:)
    • Up x 1
  3. Anron

Having the same problem.. annoying..
    • Up x 1
  4. Berdennol

Same problem here. Fix incoming?
    • Up x 1
  5. Elan Bard

Ok so it's not just me? I've used all of the names that legitimately only I use in games and nothing. I thought that I had seriously just lucked out. But that was impossible.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aspira

same here. tried to make a new character about 5 min ago to play with some friends on a diff. server, "name unavailable" even when it was just "asdfh8fahf" or whatever random characters
    • Up x 1
  7. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

This appears to have been a temporary hiccup. Please try creating your character once again. If you run into the same issue please let us know!
    • Up x 2
  8. Vanom

Nope, still not working.
    • Up x 1
  9. kberkman

Nope
    • Up x 1
  10. Betheducky

Still not working for my friend either.
    • Up x 1
  11. Berdennol

Negative
    • Up x 1
  12. Tekeysyan

same thing happens to me^^
    • Up x 1
  13. Elan Bard

Still Nothing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nintendo0707

Just downloaded game ready to play and I cant make a character ... stupid name unavailibility
    • Up x 1
  15. Setix

Same problem, i have tried to restart game but without change :-/
    • Up x 1
  16. Anron

fix this already?
    • Up x 1
  17. Padyschaum

It's still not working
    • Up x 1
  18. Tekeysyan

well no planetside for me it is...
    • Up x 3
  19. BurntCherryCoke

So... I was flooded with friends telling me to try out this game and how amazing it is. After a 4 hour download i go in to create a character and it says name unavailable for every random name i put in. So... first impression... not very good. Do i need to make a name called.. "jrkljekladjafkldjfkljfjklsdfkl" ?
    • Up x 1
  20. Frxnzy

Please hurry, first the language problem now this...
    • Up x 1