MYTHBUSTED: 200 infantry resources to kill 450 vehicle resources?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Jun 27, 2013.

1. holycaveman

What you are not taking into account is the tactical advantage of c4. You spawn a tank or such and you have a timer. You have basically one shot to achieve your mission. ONE SHOT!

With c4 there is no cool down. IF you dont' succeed try, try again. So this fact actually eliminates the 11% accuracy argument. Because you WILL achieve your mission. With a tank the chances are you won't.

But all information is good, and I certainly appreciate the research on the matter.
    • Up x 1
  2. BermudaOne

Going by that line of thinking, I wonder what tankers would say if c4 had a distinctive sound when being attached on to something? You could react to the first noise of the first one being placed on and make a fight or flight reaction to stay in or get the hell out of your tank and try and kill the guy in time before he detonates the c4.

Maybe worth discussion?
    • Up x 1
  3. theholeyone

Well it has updated, now showing 2039 fire counts, less than the 50 trigger spams, but more than the 2 C4 placed. Accuracy stat voided /thread imo.
  4. zedfonsie

Resources don't have to equal each other, a max that plays smart (doesn't get too far out of his role which is support) will pay off with more kills and more exp. I don't understand why people compare resources to eachother, instead compare resources to how much they can usually kill per use. An average max has a KD of 2, but with constant revives it will be much higher before the user stops playing that class.
    • Up x 1
  5. NccWarp9

The damage of C4 should be increased.
    Or it should not be called C4, it should be called dynamite as its damage is closer to dynamite than a brick of RL C4.
    • Up x 1
  6. TrainerS2

anather stupid tank troll tred !!!!
    Tank Trolls
    My Tank shood be unkilable and i need to kill everuone infranty Farm they like hell and be like SuperHero in my TANK!!!!
    WTF Tanks Noobs
  7. Kunavi

The funny thing is they don't need to lower the price. There have been numerous suggestions on this, with the best being LA simply not having access to C4. Medics shouldn't either in case they do, I haven't noticed, as the only class prominently using C4 is in fact LA. I wonder why.. MMhhhm :rolleyes:
  8. TrainerS2

For Them Troll Who make this pile of crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only usles tank trols are cry about C-4 , the PRO Tank Noob is no scary of C-4 .!!!!
    Hehehe just non-skilled players wona nerf everythink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Patrician

So you want there to be nothing in the game that can take out your tank in two shots? You want a game where everything that damages your tank gives you a chance to run off and repair while you, in your tank, have the power to one hit kill a good proportion of the game?
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

Since Tankers complaint is with C4 costs then your data about the 11% hit rate is completely irrelevant unless that information only took into consideration C4 that was used to destroy MBT's, which I highly doubt it did. Secondly myself and the LA Player Mythicrose12 came up with a solution that doesn't touch C4, but gets rid of this problem once and for all. Give MBT's certable composite armor like the Sunderer or Harraser. So in other words the same type of effect that Sunderer Blockcade Armor has except it would more expensive. In addition to being expensive it would have a small AP damage multiplier around 5% to make tanks with it slightly more Vulnerable to AP damage. Now C4 costs are the same, they do the same damage, and their mechanics are the same. At the same time the MBT will now have armor of a tank if the driver wants to be a dedicated tanker and also take the risk of dying faster to AP tanks.:cool:

Lvl 1- 500

Lvl 2- 1000

Lvl 3- 1500

Lvl 4- 2000

In total that's 5000 certs which is nothing to laugh at, but you are also getting what you pay for (A tank that's worth it's cost)
    • Up x 2
  11. Wezdor

Two shots are fine, but not one. Otherwise, yes, that is exactly what i want. A tank is a tank, not a rubber ducky. It should not be one shot by anything except a mine.

And before you bring your infantry farming into this, tanks have been extremely nerfed against infantry to the point where it takes a minimum of 2 non direct hits to kill a person.

And the whole tank being an infinite xp source is a bad argument, a LA can farm infantry for ever too, with no cost. People in this thread keep assuming that all LA do is pick their nose and use C4.

Also, why do AP mines cost 75 resources and only have 1, maybe 2, if lucky, potential kills? Buff AP mines?
    • Up x 1
  12. Rogueghost

Considering your average infantry k/d is somewhere around .8 before the medic's removing death stats, that really is triple/quadruple your score.

So his point is perfectly valid.

And k/d is a poor thing to base an argument on, it is very easily manipulated.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

no, how about we not look at the fact that people throwing it are useless, accuracy is no way to determine balance, i have a shamefully low 11% accuracy with some of the LMGs does that mean LMGs suck? no it means i'm using them wrong.

accuracy of the user is no way to determine if something is useful or not.

think this guy has 11% c4 accuracy?
    • Up x 2
  14. Sordid

No counter works 100%. Countering one hit kills by sniper rifles by certing into nanoweave still leaves you critically injured after such a hit. Having a gunner still leaves you partially vulnerable to being blown up. Seems perfectly okay to me.
  15. Compass

I think the C4 tracker is bugged.

Says I have 224 hits, 578 kills, and 4226 fire attempts. That would mean that every one of my C4 is killing 2 or more people, and that's simply not true considering I blow up solo tanks a lot more than duo tanks, and I blow up a lot of things.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kenny007

So much this. It always surprises me to see Magrider drivers complain about C4. Every time I even consider C4ing one of them, I seem to get ran over or just simply drifted away from, at a pace just fast enough for me to realize how screwed I now am.

As a result, I tend to not rush Magriders.
    • Up x 1
  17. MarlboroMan-E

Well done sir. But I caution you ... this is the internet, and even worse, the PS2 forums. Don't go confusing the issue with facts and ****.

In other news, I'm sure there's no way to track this statistically, but I wonder what the success percentage of dudes attacking tanks with C4 is. Obviously LA's gain some small advantage when the tanker is dumb enough to park next to something tall, but HAs, medic and engies all can get C4 ... I'm sure that the majority (50%+) of the time they catch a HEAT round in the face for their effort.
    • Up x 1
  18. DukeFlash

Phazarr makes fair points in his OP but I wish people would stop equating Infantry resources as 1:1 equal in value to mechanized and air resources.

Infantry resources can be used to stockpile up to 40 of every special item you have certed and there's zero cooldown on using more. Even if we were all to agree on a change, or agree to leave things as they are, you cannot pretend that infantry resources are 1:1 equivalent to the other resources because they're not.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mxiter

Indeed, infantry ressources are more rares.
  20. Jex =TE=

So what we should be doing is tailoring the game to your needs!

You're whining. You want the game to be the way you want it to be ignoring everyone else meaning your selfish as well.

When you take your next bath and you have bubble bath in their with you, think about this, ponder, it might clean your brain as well as your body. Pop some bubbles if it's not working, that might help.