MYTHBUSTED: 200 infantry resources to kill 450 vehicle resources?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phazaar, Jun 27, 2013.

1. phreec

100 per stick is already expensive as it is for free players. SOE would love to make this game more into P2W with all the boosts and membership, don't encourage them...
    • Up x 1
  2. Phazaar

You're so right. C4 has a massive effect on my playstyle as a piloting pilot who flies planes. What else will I do to other planes if I can't throw blocks of C4 at them?

In 42 days in game, I've used 2000 sticks of C4. That's about one every half hour. It's a really vital part of my playstyle; you've seen right through me.
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

WTH? When did I cry for a nerf? When did I even suggest that? Im pretty sure that I actually expressed my lack of concern for this entire argument, and then proceeded to make a vauge suggestion of balance that had NOTHING to do with resources. Did you even read the post, or did you just read the VERY first line and then reply?!?

Also, per the text that you quoted, all I was saying was that a single stat (in this case hit% of C-4), while interesting, is not a good index to weigh balance. Is there something wrong with that?
    • Up x 1
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

How cool would it be if you COULD throw C-4 at other playes. Like a slingshot or something.........I think you might be biased if that were the case, and I could honestly say that I wouldnt blame you!
    • Up x 1
  5. Wezdor

My gunner is godly, but he is not all seing. You mixed the two up ;)
  6. Phazaar

The K/D is irrelevant however as it doesn't factor in extraneous experience earned. There is no benefit whatsoever in the game to having a high K/D. There is a benefit to having a high score. The reason they balance scores is to incentivise certain behaviours because they're better for the team; ergo higher scoring activities tend to be better for the team (not in all cases, please note).

That 3.5 K/D for a MAX doesn't equate to 300 xp on average. On average you're getting more than that per kill because of high threat and extreme menace kills, even more for vehicle kills (worth 5 infantry kills), even more for kill assists, more again for vehicle kill assists. The MAX class has the highest score per hour in the game; approximately 4 times that of an infantry class. It is also a one time purchase as long as your team mates can revive you. So for 350 resources, what you're actually getting is 4 times the XP you otherwise would have gotten for as long as your team mates are able to keep you alive.

Vs A CHANCE that you'll get 120xp for killing a MAX.

You're talking about what you imagine. You've been presented with SOE's own metric. The explosion size is rather irrelevant when what we're clearly seeing is that a majority of C4 does not get detonated (or its targets manage to flee the area).
    • Up x 1
  7. illgot

I can also kill a tank with my base HA... does that mean it's OP or that the people in the vehicle were not paying attention?

you know what really helps against LA's with C4?? Scout Radar.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mxiter

Use your MBT forces: strafe and it's gonna be horrible for any kind of infantry to drop C4 on your magrider, it's just the 2nd hardest vehicle to C4 after the harasser.

Also, vehiclers ressources are used for...vehicles only.
    Infantries ressources are used for everything about infrantries (every kind of grenades, mines, C4, healing kits) wich are expensive and don't garantee any results, and also expensives MAXes.

In one life, a "standard" infantry can carry: 2C4 and a nade = 275 infantrie ressources... at each life... without garantee to get tons of XP (mines where none walk/drives, C4 dropped, but didn't get time to press the buttons cause the long animation, an ally that cross your LOS while launching your sticky/concussive grenade ect..).

Contrarely, it's rare to spawn a vehicle and don't earn any XP contrarely to infantries ressources, especially ground vehicles (idiot crashs are easier on aircrafts :rolleyes:) .

I play everything (air/ground vehicle and infantries) and have ALWAYS enouth ressources to pull a vehicle other than a flash, but i'm always out of infantries ressources between MAX, concussive/sticky/flash/HE nades, C4 and AT/AI mine.

Just lean to play differently and stop QQing because you can't sit in your MBT all day long.
    • Up x 1
  9. Roy Teppert

A single tank costing 450 can stay on the battlefield as long as its operator can keep it alive. It can keep killing, and killing, and killing. A single infantry with 2 bricks of c4 costing 200 can kill 1 tank. That's it. Once they're gone, they're gone. It's balanced. Stop whining.
    • Up x 2
  10. Wezdor

I don't sit in the MBT all day long, but infantry combat in this game is boring and frustrating and i only really enjoy vehicles.

With infantry it's just run in, get a kill or two, die, respawn, rinse and repeat. No thanks.
  11. Mxiter

It's hard to play when the ennemy can shoot back with the same power. :D
  12. lolitank

i think C4 is nerfed on test not sure :eek: maybe i will check it out later
  13. Grotpar

Moving is a counter.
  14. Sebastien

?
    • Up x 2
  15. IamDH

C4 doesnt need to be nerfed
    • Up x 1
  16. Stargazer86

Man. It almost sounds like you're trying to say that playing as an infantry sucks in comparison to playing in a tank...

So the obvious solution is to buff tanks.
    • Up x 1
  17. LahLahSr

C4 accuracy used for this argument is flawed, due to the fact that not every brick thrown is intended to kill a tank. More often than not, it's used in an attempt to kill groups of players, sunderers, maxes etc.

In fact, accuracy for C4 is completely useless since aiming is not factor.
  18. KlyptoK

I'm sorry, but if people are trying to make the argument of:

Tank cost 400, C4 only costs 200, C4 should = the cost of a tank they are idiots.

Any kind of comparison using the costs of these two completely different items that serve different purposes is pointless in an argument.
    • Up x 3
  19. TeknoBug

Those Phalanx turrets are way too effective at destroying MBT's too, the cooldown between shots is way shorter than the time to reload a HA RL.
    • Up x 1
  20. lolitank

what i'm fine with phalanx little pain but i mean i see it killing me and i'm fine with HA's well not the strikers turning around rocks bull