MSW-R vs. Orion VS54

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BobSanders123, Dec 18, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

Recently my friends and I have gotten into an argument about which gun is superior. These are the stats of the MSW-R and Orion. The gun stated is the victor of that category and will have its stats listed first and compared to the other guns.

Damage: Same
    Rate of fire: Same
    Muzzle Velocity: MSW-R (580 vs 570)
    ADS Movement: Orion VS54 (0.75 vs 0.5)
    Reload Speed: MSW-R (3.045 vs 3.28)
    Reload Speed Long: MSW-R (3.305 vs 3.655)
    Ammunition: Same
    Hipfire: Orion (2.25, 2.75, 2.75, 3.5 vs 2.25, 3, 3, 3.75)
    ADS: MSW-R (0.35 vs 0.4 while moving standing) All others are same
    Bloom: Same
    Vertical Recoil: MSW-R (0.35 vs 0.4)
    Horizontal Recoil: Orion (0.2/0.225 vs 0.225/0.225)
    Angle Min/Max: Orion (0/0 vs 17/20)
    Bias: Orion (None vs right pull)
    Recoil Decrease: Same
    First shot recoil multiplier: Orion (2.25 vs 2.5)
    Cost: Orion (Free VS 100 certs)

So now I ask, which is the better weapon in your experience?
  2. AlterEgo

Polaris!
  3. InoxGecko

Orion, for dat dere 0,75 ADS movement multiplier.
    • Up x 3
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Betelgeuse.
    • Up x 6
  5. repairtool6

Rember MSW-R can also access SPA and ALS. Orion can not. So depending on how you look at it, that could be counted as advantage for MSW-R
    • Up x 2
  6. Shanther

7. Erendil

Here's another way to look at the data:

The Orion has:
    • Smaller min horizontal recoil (.2 vs .225)
    • Smaller FSRM (2.25x vs 2.5x)
    • Tighter default hipfire COF - canceled out by the MSW-R's ALS.
    • .75x ADS Movement
    The MSW-R has:
    • Faster short reloads (3.045s vs 3.28s)
    • Faster long reloads (3.305s vs 3.655s)
    • Lower vertical recoil (.35 vs .4)
    • Lower horizontal tolerance (.55 vs .9)
    • tighter moving ADS COF (.35 vs .4)
    • Faster muzzle velocity (580m/s vs 570m/s)
    • Access to Advanced Laser Sight - canceled out by the Orion's tighter default hipfire
    • Access to Soft Point Ammo - thus faster TTK from 10-15m

IIRC, Wrel's video review of the NS-15M LMG had a side-by-side-by-side screenshot comparison of the hipfire COF on the Orion+laser, NS-15M+Laser, and MSW-R+ALS. All three were almost identical, with an ever-so-slight edge going to the MSW-R (but not big enough to make any difference).

That said, I would say that they're both the same from 0-10m. The MSW-R is superior from 10-15m if you have to have ALS and SPA equipped, since its TTK is faster at that range due to SPA, and 15m is still within hipfire range.

From 15-40m the advantage goes to the Orion due to its .75x ADS movement. Anything past that and the MSW-R becomes noticeably more accurate by nature of its lower vertical recoil, lower horizontal tolerance, tighter moving ADS COF, and faster muzzle velocity, and it starts to regain the advantage.
    • Up x 6
  8. vanu123

MSW-R is one of if not the best LMGs in the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

I would say the MSR-W, Orion, Anchor, and NS-15 are very close in terms of best LMG in the game with no clear overall winner since they all trade things in one area for things in other areas.
    • Up x 4
  10. Erendil

Pretty much this. But I would add the SVA-88 and EM6 to that list too.
  11. LibertyRevolution

So since I have a few VS and TR characters I thought I compare them:
    [IMG]

That help at all?
    • Up x 1
  12. vanu123

34 hours and over 1300 kills with the mswr?
  13. LibertyRevolution

PewPewLasers Orion stats are better than that though:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. miraculousmouse

15. Saool

Indeed. In my humble opinion this is THE best LMG in the game.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shanther

It has its downsides but I largely agree with you. When people think of sidegrades the Betelgeuse should be the first thing they think of. It is a major sidegrade to the Orion, better in some ways, worse in some others.

For me it stacks up like this.

Betelgeuse >= Orion > SVA-88 >>>> Everything else
    • Up x 1
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

EM6 trades the accuracy that the Anchor has for a huge magazine, and the SVA-88 is sadly a shell of its former self. Both of those guns are great but I wouldn't put them in the same category of those other four, more like in the same category as the CARV.
  18. Erendil

I don't think the EM6 loses anything in the accuracy dept, at least during ADS.

Anchor has:
    • better Horizontal Tolerance (.4 vs .7)
    • lower vertical recoil stock (.4 vs .45) - overcome by EM6's compensator
    • faster recoil recovery (13 vs 12)
    • faster bullets (600m/s vs 570m/s) - equalled by EM6's HV ammo (+28.5m/s)
    EM6 has:
    • lower FSRM (1.8 vs 2)
    • more consistent recoil angle (0|0 vertical vs 18-20 degress pulling to the right)
    • lower vertical recoil if compensator is equipped (.3825 vs .4)
    Of the above differences, the only ones that can't be easily overcome by player skill are the H.Tolerance (advantage: Anchor) and recoil angle (advantage: EM6). In fact I'm more accurate w/ the EM6 due to its 0|0 recoil angle. The way I see it the EM6 is every bit as good as the Anchor. It just gets a 2x size mag over the Anchor, and in exchange the Anchor gets better hipfire, Adv Laser, and SP ammo.
    As for the SVA-88, the nerfs it has received have all raised its skill floor considerably, so it's not as newbie-friendly. But once you get used to the changes it regains almost all of its former glory. The only real nerf I think it received that can't be overcome with skill was its increased moving ADS COF. Of course given how much I've used the SVA I might be slightly biased... :p
  19. lilleAllan

Anchor has better moving CoF, I think.
  20. Golconda

0.75 X versus 0.5 X movement speed multiplier is decision breaking to me, I really can't understand ppl who say it's not a big deal, it's basically how the gunplay works that makes it a big deal (and for good reasons).

if speed multiplier was not so important there would be no reason to hipfiring, the ads CoF wouldn't be considered a factor in weapon balance and there would be no reason to put laser sight into the game.
    if a weapon has faster ADS movement is like every other gun it faces in a gunfight as a little less DPS, because faster moving target will always mean that a couple of bullet will miss.
    • Up x 1