Monthly reminder that nano-weave is preventing OHK bolt action headshots

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McDonaldsMaster

Interesting. I never really thought about that. It is much harder to finish off at 200+ meters. And it does blow your cover and you have to relocate. The good news is the best location is relocation, anyway. Sometimes I find a nice spot where I don't want to leave at all! So I can understand the frustration. And I realize, maybe I was being too cocky! Saying "Learn to hit moving targets, problem solved". It might not be that simple! That could cost a lot of resources to kill one guy, compared to one hit ko! How much time and bullets will it cost and will I be spotted?! Your post opened my eyes. This Nanoweave thing IS something, huh! Btw, not sure if the default is 4x zoom! Is it?! I heard it was 6x!

That makes sense.
  2. BigIronRanger

Nah you're just being a view w h o r e.
    Haha flexible whats your longest headshot mine is 420 meters that was with a 12x scope by the time you've lined up your aim with your default scope i would have already headshoted you and been on to my next target. i can snipe just as well as you can in CQC with my 12x stop telling everyone that its bad its all preference mate.
  3. McDonaldsMaster

Hey now, don't forget our cloaks. I could cloak away line it up on you, then uncloak and fire.
    Wow, that's imprssive, CQC 12x tough, maybe I should check out the 12x again, see what's up. I'd like to see some videos on that.

I love challenges and you seem like you're a decent opponent. Want to duel? What server? I'm on Connery.
  4. McDonaldsMaster

So if I posted the vids with more credibility then it won't be so bad? I was a bit offtopic? Hmm. Not sure what it means to be a view concubine, but I didn't mind some extra views. Maybe you're on to something, though.
  5. McDonaldsMaster

Longest head shot. I have no idea man! How are you supposed to find out?!?!?!?!?!?
  6. giltwist

1) This is why the increases should be moderate. This does not mean there should be no increases over time.
    2) Are you also against XP boosts? I'd never be able to compete in this game otherwise, given my work schedule. The average teenager who plays this game can probabl invest as many hours in a day as I can invest in a week. Should I have less fun playing the game because I'm a responsible adult?
    3) Skill is still a fairly large factor in this particular game, even with the best equipment (with a few exceptions like pump actions, but everyone hates those even if you earned them legitimately). I don't know if you play CCGs, but it's like the diffrerent between Magic: The Gathering and Legend of the 5 Rings. MtG generally goes to the player who spent more on his deck (which is why tournaments have all those rules about what you can and can't play. L5R is much less restrictive, because its got a more subtle set of checks and balances. The strongest physical cards can be removed from play by some common social cards, etc.
  7. JonboyX

Nano weave armour should protect body shots only maybe?

They don't have a "helmet" equipment section (outside of cosmetics) - maybe they should. I've suggested this before, but if you have helmet options that do 1) anti-flash, 2) infra-red goggles, 3) Nanoweave armour, 4) something else then maybe people could choose whether to deflect head shot damage multipliers or go for some utility option instead.

Bolt driven sniper headshot should still be a ohk though imo.
    • Up x 1
  8. Slandebande

I 2nd BigIronRanger in that I also CQC snipe (especially in Biolabs) with my rifle using a high scope, granted I usually go down to 10x scope but that's just what I've gotten used to.. The big thing here is (as in normal sniping, and I'm sure you are already doing it) that you have some sense of where to aim before you scope-in to take the shot.. On my good days i won't need to adjust my aim post-scope before taking the shot.. It's also a very rewarding playstyle if you ask me :) Granted this pre-scoping-aiming might take some practice for inexperienced snipers, but after a good 8,5k+ kills (boasting quite the accuracy aswell) with my trusted RAMS, I feel pretty comfortable with it
  9. Hellhammer

My longest headshot was somewhere between 430m and 480m. I used the squad waypoint, and the personal waypoint to approximate.
  10. The King

Same for me, I stopped using the sniper rifle because it's so annoying.....
  11. BigIronRanger

Use the waypoints on the map mark where you approximately killed your enemy.
    Mine was from the rocks in front of ti alloys to the vehicle ammo pillar at the crown.
  12. Hoki

My longest headshot with 12x scope the victim was about 12 pixels high on a 21" monitor at 1920 resolution.

However far that was, no idea.
  13. Gary

good, this should be in place since you can prevent

1 Hit kill Landmines
    1 Hit kill AP Mines
    1 Hit Kill frag Grenades
    1 Hit Kill Rockets
    .... Sure you can see a pattern here? why should 1 weapon be exempt?
  14. Aimeryan

First, you can still OHK, as long as you are close. So any logic you just thought you had went right out the window there.

Second, rocket projectile hits are also OHK (with nanoweave), as are tank shells and PASs.

Third, surely the idea that you can prevent some OHKs does not automatically mean to you that all OHKs should be prevented? That is the bad reasoning.

I think this thread has gone through most of the logical arguments; now it is just up to the developers and their representatives to give us some feedback. In the meantime, at least this is being bumped by people like Gary.
    • Up x 1
  15. Gary

Flak prevents 1 hit rocket kills. If a weapon that costs resources (ap mines, Land mines) can be stopped from 1 hit killing why would a weapon that costs nothing one hit kill?

Its likely we will see new snipers with lower mag counts and much slower bolt times dealing increased damage :)
  16. ShinyToyPaladin

Just wanted to add my opinion to the discussion. It's extremely annoying when I land a head shot and the enemy doesn't die. I feel completely robbed. Some of those shots are from really far off and are hard to land. The guy is just standing there or not paying attention, and I have to adjust my aim a few times before I hit him and when I do, he just walks off and heals.

Nothing should stop a OHK from a headshot sniper round.
  17. zaspacer

There is another solution to this: give Headshot XP for using a Sway Scope on Long Range shots... regardless of kill.

Do it like this. Each headshot on a Sway Scope gives a Sniper Headshot Bonus of (1/20 x Damage) x (1/100 x Target Range) XP.

So a 550 Damage Shot from a Longshot at 200 meters would give 55 XP. And a 200 Damage Shot from a Warden at 200 meters would gives 20 XP.

It's not great. But it's better than nothing. Kinda like giving partial damage for shooting up Aircraft, even if you can't kill them because they can run away.
  18. Wayfar

That is what I want. Points for long range head shots, regardless of kills. You get points for damaging vehicles even when they aren't killed when you hit them enough. So I'd like that to happen on the ground too. A minor amount of points for tinging a guy from far away. I wouldn't restrict it to rifles either. You get a heady from a certain range you should get a little something.

I don't mind not getting a kill when I land a long shot. I know they guy invested in the right gear to keep me from tagging him from so far. Same with the flak armor when they can bypass traps I've laid. There are plenty of guys who pick either or and I don't think it is wrong for them to survive when they choose right for their situation.
  19. Hoki

Jesus christ most people are wearing nanoweave now on jaegerson this ******* sucks.

Done sniping for now.

Guess its time to medic and engineer it up with nanoweave like every other mother ****** is doing.
  20. seamus2008

Wait wait wait wait... level 2 nanoweave counters my bolt-action?!?! WTF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.