Monthly reminder that nano-weave is preventing OHK bolt action headshots

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoki

Now with new and improved unmistakable headshot sound to go along with the headshot indicator.

So now that its no longer debatable whether or not they are surviving bolt-action headshots, lets here the lame excuses for why nanoweave deserves to counter an entire weapon type because it isn't flak armor.
    • Up x 5
  2. RobotNinja

Not seeing problem here...and I main an Inf.
    • Up x 3
  3. Jac70

..on people who have certed into a defense for such attacks. I'm still gettin a ton of headshots. Really it's like complaining about people surviving mines because they have mineguard.
  4. Hoki

Actually its nothing like that. Nanoweave lets you survive an extra fully auto bullet, AND a 300 range bolt action headshot, but it only survives bolt action headshots at long range.

Keep in mind that resist shield was nerfed because it was incorrectly taking an extra Rebel headshot (3 instead of 2) to kill an HA with the Rebel.

Lets look at the facts.
    1) Bolt action sniper rifles are advertised as being OHK headshots.
    2) Nanoweave is not advertised to allow to headshot impunity at long ranges.
    3) Sniper rifles aren't supposed to suffer damage falloff at all, but those of us with experience know this isn't the case. The circle marker does not indicate full damage. I'm not sure what it indicates but it doesn't indicate full damage.

Going strictly be the facts, this is a bug.
    • Up x 3
  5. Vaphell

They have certed NW to get more life which is useful, full stop, but it's the slow RoF sniper rifles that are hardcountered by it. Do you survive pump action to the face? No because it has way too much damage overhead, not to mention followup shot is only 0.2s away, not 1+.

According the spreadsheet i have seen tier1 and tier2 rifles have 750@10, 550@75, tier3 800@10, 550@100
    1101 life, starting from 100m = immunity to headshot OHK.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kociboss

My oh my, aren't some infiltrators nothing but a bunch of whiny b1@tches.
    • Up x 15
  7. Hypest

They f-ed up the light assaults and looks like it's time for the heavies. After that the engies and their AV turret which can OHK infantry and the infils can't. I bet if they run out of classes to whine about they just gonna start from the beginning.
    • Up x 1
  8. Astraka

It's not a bug mate, its the stats. Bolt actions suffer damage drop off like every other weapon in the game, and at certain distances the drop off combined with Nanoweave allows people to survive. This is intended, regardless of how anyone feels about it. I don't think it would be too much to ask to have the effective range bumped up 25-50 meters though, the range at which a OHK becomes impossible is a little bit restrictive in my opinion.
  9. Hoki

Did not know that, so immunity to headshot is actually nanoweave 2, wow. 11 certs to counter bolt action, I thought ti would be like 4 or 5...

Ok my brother infs are we alright with this?
    • Up x 1
  10. Astraka

I don't think it would hurt to have the effective range bumped up by 25-50 meters across the board. Makes OHKs a little easier for those of us who don't sit at render distance, while still allowing Nanoweave to provide decent protection against OHKs against those who do.
  11. giltwist

The problem is that the item and the hard counter have costs that are disproportionate by two orders of magnitude.

Parallax - 1000 certs
    Nanoweave 3 - 61 certs
    • Up x 2
  12. Phrygen

this is a point. Seems fine if expensive levels of nanoweave do this, but 61 certs for that is kinda cheap.
    • Up x 1
  13. Orikx

How is this a hard counter to the bolt action? Last I checked the bolt action is still able to kill you it just takes two shots at long ranges if they have NW3 or higher. You still have the range advantage of the sniper that is it's niche.
    Edit: A hard counter would imply that it makes you incapable of killing them.

As an Inf I have no problem with this at all.

I must have missed the tool tip for the bolt actions that says "This is a guarantee OHK weapon." The only part of the tool tip I remember seeing is that it has more dmg then the semi auto's and some have higher bullet speed.
    • Up x 1
  14. Skeith

well logically speaking no amount of armor should ever prevent a death from a freaking 50 cal bullet

so **** no increase the damage of the bolt action x headshot,
  15. Vaphell

Yeah and the target waits patiently for you to scope out, rechamber, scope in, stabilize and finish him off 1+ second later.
    If they have medkits? Sure. Is there any other anti-infantry weapon you can theoretically outheal due to its lousy RoF?

so read this
    https://www.planetside2.com/news/large-caliber-snipers

do you see anything about nanoweave there? Is there another definition of 'sure' that i am not familiar with?
    • Up x 8
  16. Hoki

I am very glad that the new player statistics pages are up.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428054466429993905/weapons

25 sniper rifle kills, 12 of them headshots.

Yeah, I'm sure that "as an inf" you do have no problem with this at all. :rolleyes:

Me:
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618042632689/weapons

As an actual infiltrator, I do have a problem with this.
    • Up x 2
  17. Hoki

Then theres Kociamafia that doesn't even have 100 sniper rifle kills and hes ******* BR 70, theres one less opinion about sniping to respect.

Phrygen actually snipes with his LA80, respect his opinion on the matter.
    Vaphell actually snipes and knows what hes talking about.

btw its sad I have to do this, to filter out the people from the convo that don't really belong
    • Up x 1
  18. Orikx

Oh so we should use real life. I'm pretty sure 1 shot to the head from any of the in game guns would kill you. So make every gun a OHK. I'll turn on my real life nanite repaur system while I think about your post logically.

@Hoki take a look at my Sirius kills. So yes as an actual infiltrator I think it's sad you are crying about this.
  19. Skeith

i said no amount of armor , do you even read the comments that you quote? you know just sayng
  20. redsevenski

Feel free to look up my stats to see if my opinion 'qualifies' as relevant, but personally I'm fine with nanoweave giving some protection to OHK. Maybe the cert trade-off/balance between NW3 and the expensive bolt actions is out a bit but everyone has a choice between protection from OHK or AP mines (using flak armour).

In the grand scheme of things this doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.