Mattherson NC, you are wortless.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DevonKain, May 23, 2013.

1. The King

We'll, all of us hope they lose it. If only the NC can take that one place down south... (it's the link to the spot the TR was at and we had to locked down for the NC's taking.)

I think the VS is teasing everyone.... :p
  2. treeHamster

I'm on the VS of course and I was watching a ton of people hide around corners or sitting 100 meters out just spamming dumbfire rockets at walls. The Mattherson NC might be really stupid but the Mattherson VS are incredibly lazy and selfish. I'd rather have stupid over selfish and lazy any day.
  3. SooperDog

Yeah, it's a shame I dumped all the money I spent on this game into my NC guy. NC just needs better outfits. It's almost come down to paying to be in the only decent outfit
  4. Jadith

That was beautiful man. Like watching a dying star.

I heard from GOKU many defected to VS. I know we have a three way war so noone wins, but what is the plan when someone loses?

The NC is more like the wind, now. When they blow against the TR, we fight the TR, and when the wind blows the other way, we defend. This has been just about every alert on Mattherson for the past couple of weeks.

Edit: I kind of hope we lose the Indar lock soon. It would definitely help us be better represented during alerts. Of course, nobody here is gonna lay down arms for you to take it.
  5. goodzack

personally as part of the mattherson nc i gave up on really being a team player i just improve my kd ratio now.
  6. Lantern

Were there even any VS outfits running this early? from my pov it looked like organized TR/NC outfits fighting VS pubs.
  7. Holomang

8. RykerStruvian

And I just want to throw this in, NC on Connery would love to have Sturmgrenadiers and SuperTroopers!

Blue Lions are ok too :l
    • Up x 2
  9. Wilden

From what I saw tonight NC have really fallen a long way from what they once were. You had Platoons capping TR territory up north, but whatevers, that stuff is gonna happen when we push one side. You cant keep pugs inline anyways, but what was really incompetent was you had actual outfit like BAX and TAS pushing on allatum trying to cut off TR territory and wasting our time to come back and smash your faces in. Not only that, after you lost regent rock garrison on a 50/50 split against the VS ( A tower base mind you, you know... towers that usually take 70/30 in favor of attackers to actually lose), It never occurred to any of you that the next base in line was scarred mesa skydock and ooohh i dunno put 1 whole squad there and win against 2 platoons of incoming VS. Nope not a single squad or platoon running at the time thought of it.

SG was the only outfit that was doing anything productive, The remainder of NC are just shells of what they once were. Its like somebody just took the fight out of them or they all went down 80 points of IQ. Do the TR have to spawn camp scarred mesa sky dock for you next time, have 1 guy log into his NC toon, fly a galaxy over and cap the base for you before they stick their entire population on that hex??
    • Up x 1
  10. Syggelekokle

Well if there's any indication of a difference between the factions, you don't really have to look any farther than the fact that TR and VS leaders/orders chat are much more active than their NC counterparts. The fact that they mostly respond and work together much more fluidly is very noticeable when you go back to NC and you have half the faction floundering around like independent bands of mercenaries without any direction from up above. I mean, if the NCC want to do their thing in their own outside VOIP, they're free to do so, but looking at the state of NC now, they need to come back and organize those that are left.
  11. goodzack

The majority of the nc on mattherson ghost cap on amerish and esamir because they suck when it comes to actually fighting something.
  12. Nihil

Keep in mind that the VS will see a population boom on Thursday nights from GotR.

Expecting cross faction cooperation is a bit silly in a zero sum game. The enemy of my enemy is my friend until they turn their backs on me. GotR has an explicit policy to not cooperate with the other empires. If our work helps the NC against the TR it's not by design. The factions are enemies. They owe you nothing but firepower in your face.

The Skydock affair is an emergent behavior*. The VS couldn't gain any ground last night. The TR and NC had zero hotspots between them for most of the night. Some members of the VS "alliance" (such as it is) said "screw it, let's turtle at skydock" just to keep the lock. The lock benefit rules + easily defended region - other offense options = SkydockSide. GotR was annoyed with SkydockSide because it prevented us from having any support on offense. C'est la Guerre.

If you're in a twist over that you should be honest enough to admit your faction would do the same. i'd call you a liar if you'd say they wouldn't. Maybe you wouldn't, but your empire would.

The Crown had a similar emergent behavior. Make the other empire fight over the crown, which you can do against significant odds, while the rest of your empire steals everything else.

The new lattice made things worse, im>ho. The lattice in PS1 worked because low intensity combat worked, because the game had strategic depth (stop saying "metagame" when you mean strategy)**. You could drop behind enemy lines to deny the enemy Tech WITHOUT having to capture the base. If you didn't defend your Tech, that's no one's fault but yours. You made a decision. Get in your mossie, go clear out the cloakers and repair your generator. That's war. You bomb the enemy's factories to reduce their ability to fight. It's FAR more efficient in a long term conflict to destroy the enemy's ability to MAKE tanks than to destroy their tanks one by one. PS2, in it's efforts to appeal to the PlayStation Tweens, is steadily removing strategy from the game in favor of massive Team Death Match. There's no reason to be anywhere but with the zerg. In PS1, there were plenty of reasons to have squads doing this and single cloakers doing that. The empire that had a plan won. It wasn't just a numbers game. Yeah, you'd get back hacked. Tough. Defend your territory or lose it. If you don't defend it, you don't deserve it. The outfit with a rapid response team kept real estate in friendly hands.

SOE should just give up and call this Global Agenda 2: Bigger Maps and More Players, Still a Lobby Game. Why bother having the server and client manage 64 square Km if you're going reduce the game to a handful of regions?

The lattice could work IFF they make the rest of the game more like PS1. NTU draining. Towers that aren't their own region. Cloaking AMSes. Fog of War. Binding to bases. Disposable vehicles. Getting rid of the insanity of classes.

* Emergent Behavior - The unintended behavior caused by a rule or system. It's a form of the law of unintended consequences. You have a snake problem. You offer a reward for dead snakes. People start raising snakes for money. You stop paying people for dead snakes. The people throw their snakes out the back door. You have a snake problem.

** Metagame - Refers to decisions made about the game rather than from within it. Having aircraft that a modern car could out run is metagame. The map just isn't big enough for something that can go 500 MPH. Projectiles you can dodge, revolvers, internal combustion engines, doors you can't lock, multiple points of entry... the whole Rock Paper Scissor approach is metagaming. The USAF doesn't balance the F-22 against the MiG-29. They make the F-22 to kick the snot out of the MiG-29.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ender

As a VS player it our population explosion lately really sucks :( It makes it incredibly hard to find fun fights because you end up getting a massive overpop EVERYWHERE. Go back to your NC characters please, I'd petition for free server transfers for all of the 666th at this point too :p
    • Up x 1
  14. The King

The people who will join VS Matterson, you should really consider going VS Waterson.
    The VS there is underpopulated.

The Matterson VS is quite populated. Even and way overpopulated at certain times.
    It will cause you to be more bored steamrolling and having less people to kill, staring at the spawn shields most of the time... Falling asleep..... It only makes sense.. You can help both servers out, otherwise, you're just going to hurt Matterson..
    • Up x 1
  15. Blashemer

Wait, we were working with the NC through communication?

THEY CAN TALK?

Jokes aside, I'm kinda sad TR and NC were straight up working together. I was hoping it was more of a "Whoa, guys, TR are whooping up some VS *** maybe we should, ya know, give them a hand." Silent collaboration. Enemy of my enemy sort of stuff.

Glad they were still sort of fighting us, though.

After a few suicide runs in a Mossie over to Mesa Skydock (and a few cluster C4 kills - mmph, those certs) I realized how inconceivably defended Skydock was. There were so many VS infantry/MAXes there, you couldn't see the ground. They had at least 7 platoons there vs. the 2 or 3 NC ones throwing themselves at it. Even if it was TAS/SG/GOONS/LWTX it wouldn't have mattered. Skill doesn't beat PEW-PEW LAZ0RZ * INFINITY.

This last part is just completely untrue. NC aren't as strong as they once were due to a shift in player base (4th faction), but they can still cause damage. And VS are definitely good (especially after the 4th faction jump). There's a reason they've held the Indar cap for over a month now.

I like to get into the whole "laser-fetish bastards" talk and "dumb-**** liberal flood" whilst in game for the lulz, but sincerely most of the opponents I've fought on Mattherson are great. Some tactics are a little unorthodox

but, ya know. Whatever gets the job done. :D
  16. Aldman

Best explanation for the current state of affairs I've seen in a while. The PS2 lattice systems removes the strategic complexity created by unlimited attack options without adding any of the small-scale tactical complexity of PS1's multiple base capture/destruction mechanics and the possibility of operating behind enemy lines to alter the course of a larger battle.
    • Up x 2
  17. Citizen H

What was even more pathetic was watching a handful of NC outfit Reavers in TR territory, trying to shoot down an Enclave air convoy of Gals as they ferried TE southwest to fight the VS.

And VS got a further population boom because they got what amounts to an 'I Win' button for their MAX .
    If Lockdown is so good, as VS claim, where's the influx to TR?
    • Up x 1
  18. Nuggetman

What is worthless is that the TR and NC have to team up to get anything done against the VS. Suck it!
  19. Naehloseht

20. Mnementh2230

Seeing a lot of love for Sturmgrenadier here in this thread. You know... it's only $12 a YEAR, and that's just to host our website and professional grade, rack-mounted Teamspeak server. Anything left over at the end of the year gets raffled off back to the members as gift certificates and prizes - SG is a non-profit. To quote one of our members, "I don't pay $12 a year to play with you people - I pay $12 a year so I don't have to play with everyone else!" Plus, we have a free month trial membership - try us out. If you don't like us, you've lost nothing.

Yes, this is a shameless recruiting post. :cool:
    • Up x 2