MAP FREEZ SOLVED!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unnger, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cornholi0

rather than trying to outthink the support staff because you would prefer the problem be entirely theirs to fix...why wouldn't you try his advice and reinstall PS2 to the OS drive??
    they flat out told you it can cause syncing issues in certain setups so to just plug your ears and say NONONONONONONO is kinda ridiculous.
    you're waiting for a magic solution on their end when they've already told you there are known issues.

it seems counter-productive to say the least!

if it were me, which it isn't btw, my game runs great! ;) ...but if it were, i wouldn't hesitate reinstalling to the OS drive if it gave any benefit to the problem whatsoever.

just sayin
  2. Cyridius

I don't see any tmp files in the My Pictures or Videos folders. I run Win 7 HP 64bit and I have PS2 on the same HDD as my OS, plus I never have "Map Freezing" problems.
  3. Angelos Sanguinum

See it for yourself, 65500+ tmp files :

[IMG]

Spasiba Unnger.
    • Up x 1
  4. STABB

I have my OS on my C Drive and PS2 installed on D Drive and I have no Temp files anywhere that I can see, but my game is starting to get a lot more laggy after the latest patch and I have started to get game freezes that I never had before.
    • Up x 1
  5. Turiel =RL=

I am running 32-bit Windows 7 with 4 GB.

The FPS go down over time for me and when they are low, pressing the map-button almost causes a complete freeze. I go down to 3-5 FPS in that case. It got better a day ago though when they replaced the PS2-exe.

I can't find any tmp-files on my system.
  6. PozoNegro

Indeed; WTF, why are there so many temp files in this folder?!? Planetside2 has got some big issues. That's becoming more and more clear to me.. Someone should report this to the PS2 developers team. Because this is quite a drag if u ask me.. I mean, come on, wtf are there 65.538 temp.temp file there?!? Think they released just too early. I want a settlement of 10000 StationCash point :) Just for the compensation of my lost free time trying to solve this thing..
  7. Azzataky

OMG SoE? How the hell ... :D I got 65K+ temp files, deleted it, was fine for some time (like 30 minutes) than game crashed I looked at temp files, 900+ again. Hope you are workin on it!
  8. Diamondketo

Anyone know why many people can't find the tmp files if they have Window 7?
  9. GaussianGamer

Almost everyone with a modern PC can safely disregard the highlighted statement from SOE. I saw the OP stated that some files were 0 kb in size, but if we assume all 65,536 files are 100k in size, that will only take up a little over 6.5GB of disk space. In this scenario if you had less than 6.5 GB of free disk space on your hardrive, it would be a problem. (If they were 1MB files, then it would be 65 GB). However, since most modern hardrives have hundreds of GB's or even TB's of free space, this statement is far from accurate. Additionally, if the .tmp files are created ONLY when PS2 is running, this is all the "indication" that anyone needs.

Im gonna take a wild guess here at a more likely scenario. Most likely the .tmp files are being generated automatically by PS2 when it runs out of memory space to allocate for tasks. So it seems that PS requires additional memory space for the people seeing the .tmp files.

Do most of the people experiencing this issue have 4 GB of RAM?
    Do you have your windows pagefile manually set to a specific size?

Try setting the pagefile to "System Managed Size" , or try setting the manual size to 2X - 3X bigger and see if this solves the problem of the .tmp files being written in the 1st place.

...anyway, just a suggestion to narrow down the problem.
  10. GhostAvatar

And there is your issue, FAT32 max capacity per folder is 65536.
  11. KoooZ

So just to ask, this isn't going to get us all banned for touching client side files?
  12. RealLionheart

I have to thank you very much for tthis sollution, it was starting to get unplayable for me...
  13. Unnger

No i think. This is not game files exactly. Ps2 just forget to clean after self )
  14. Unnger

How to find where tmp file stored.

1 You need program Processs Monitor http://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip
    2 Unzip - run PM
    3 After start PrMon show to many info - you need exclude all process (EVEN!!! launchpad)

Push CTRL+A or go to EDIT menu - AUTO SCROLL (! its importan! )

4 start Planetside2 Game
    5 Wait until load interface and all.

6 Go to Settings ps2 - video - set Windowed -drag ps2 window to not obscure view of Proc Monitor

7 In game press M and If you can try zoom in out

8 Switch to processMonitor - if your problem in file overflow - There should be many entrys - creat file - name collsion or something else

9 Look at file where file was created - go there chek it. Try to clear directori = del all tmp file

10 if that help = u win if not - just wait for soe help.

ps my english bad and yes ... Deal with it :D
  15. Smoo0

Running windows 8, with no tmp files i can find - any other solutions anyone?
  16. Smoo0

Update - for me anyway, Zone Alarm is the culprit somehow
    Exit Zone Alarm (try other antivirus or start up programs if you are not running zone alarm) and you map issues may be over
    Mine now runs smooth and quick in loading/zooming/switching
  17. Skyline

I have the same issue, after logon game starts randomly to lag and/or freeze, looking at task manager process is unrensponsive, I can only ctrl+alt+tab and kill related process.
    Strange thing is that I don't have any .tmp files which are correctly deleted (I checked with Process Monitor as Unnger suggested ,thx) so I cannot fix using that advise to delete .tmp files.
    Here's my pc specs :
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
    8 Gb RAM
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    NVidia GTS 450 with latest driver v310.90

I can play to all latest games as BattleField3 and so on without any issue.
    Is there some fix or latest choice is to uninstall PS2 and play to something else ? :mad:

Thx
    Giacomo
  18. MooseDeuce

Skyline: If you look at the properties of your My Pictures folder, you can verify the number of files it contains. This would tell you if your freezing problems are similar to what's being discussed in this thread.
  19. Kookamunga

Wow, that is just whacked.

This next update better be littered with bug squashes. Of course then different things will break :p
  20. Skyline

Hi MooseDeuce, as I said in my post I don't have any tmp file in My Pictures folder, btw the issue is the same lag/freeze , game unplayable :(

Skyline