MAP FREEZ SOLVED!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unnger, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Unnger

Find DIRECTORY x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My documents\Мои рисунки = (My Picture eng)
    DELETE all TMP file

freez are GONE!:D

freez = ps2 trying make some tmp file but cant becosu =65000 + limit ithink
    • Up x 5
  2. Unnger

Evry time MAP shown ps2 creat 1-2 tmp 0 kb. Idont know is it only in my setting of programs and os.
  3. DumarDomar

But will PS2 try to create more TMP files? Will it hit the limit mark again? WHY DOES IT DO IT?!?!?!?!
    Please SOE LOOK AT THIS THING PLEASE!
    • Up x 2
  4. Mansen

Temp files in "My Pictures"?

At the risk of sounding elitist I think you are full of it. Planetside should not use that folder at all for anything related to the map screen. Not even the screenshot function (as it doesn't display thumbnails at all to begin with)
    • Up x 1
  5. Unnger

currently i can play. if u havnt that problem that cool, if have i try to help thats all.

ps i have very old xp
  6. DumarDomar

I use Win XP too. So its this only in windows XP?
    PD: Cleaning those tmp its SLOW.
  7. Musasi

Yeah Unnger its help me i have 65 543 TMP files in my Pictures, when i delete this lags gone! Thx bro )
  8. Unnger

not realy. it cant be some pack of servise program or something else but if we look at people who have that problem, i shure it posible to know why ps2 not delete thats files. not enouch english word so sory. cant do a normal explain. :(
  9. FIRETRUCK

Can confirm Unnger's solution!

Planetside 2 do indeed create .tmp files in C:\Users\<username>\My Pictures\ folder and when they have reached the magical number of 65536, Windows refuse to create more which result in Planetside 2 to freeze up while trying to replace existing files.

Removing the files will solve the problem, however just temporary, until Planetside 2 fills the folder up to 65536 files once again.

Do note, that removing the .tmp files forces Planetside 2 to recreate the files which will slow the map/deployment screen down a bit, but far from the freezing issues that was the cause of this problem in the first place.

+1000 internets to you Unnger!
  10. Mansen

That is quite disturbing to say the least. :eek:
  11. Unnger

Thx!!
    ps If only i try do it early...
  12. FIRETRUCK

Yes, yes, I agree.
  13. Kitsune94

Bot sure which is worse though? The fact that ps2 creates .tmp files in 'My Pictures' or the fact that no-one can properly spell 'Freeze'
    • Up x 2
  14. DumarDomar

Well Unnger we own you a drink man! It works, but it will keep making TMP files, so we need to keep watching out.
    Maybe its some kind a try to do a pseudo swap memory that fail in the result of the execution. This fail its kinda funny.
    In the end, it happens to those who play too much.
    SOE NEEDS TO Fix that thing as a priority because the rest of mortals could hit the bug too.
  15. ShriekXL

It's almost as if......I'm seeing a person having a conversation with himself.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

This is really bizarre. I'm on Windows 7 and don't have any .tmp files in my My Pictures folder, but I also don't have a problem with the map freezing. I wonder what causes this for some people, but not others...

Says the person who can't even spell "not". Pro tip: When criticizing others' spelling, it's best not to misspell anything yourself.
    • Up x 2
  17. DumarDomar

18. TheCuqui

Yeah, 65535 .tmp files in my "My Pictures" folder in Windows XP Home SP3, from tmp1 to tmpFFFF, nice that someone took the time to use hex notation, I'm unimpressed.
    +1000 for Unnger, -1 for me for not noticing that ammount of trash in my **** folder :p

These files are not even placed in a subfolder, FFS PlanetSide 2 is a 32 bit executable that can't barely work in a 32 bits OS.
  19. RazerKilll

oke every time i zoom in and out it creates over 70 files. is there a way to stop this?
    • Up x 1
  20. Nihla

finnaly this solved my map screen problem, i deleted and it all fine but it is still creating those tmp files.