LMG changes, YAY or NAY? vote!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMan

The changes include:
    -Removing 0.75 from VS LMGs and buffing them in other areas to commpensate
    -Buffing EM1
    -Buffing Rhino
    -Tweaking Auraxium Butcher
    -Some other changes, cant remember what

If you want or dont want these changes to go live, like one of the two posts below. So we can see how many people actualy wants to see changes to LMGs.
    • Up x 3
  2. McMan

Like this post if you want the changes to go live.
    • Up x 29
  3. McMan

Like this post instead, if you dont want the changes to go live.
    • Up x 2
  4. _itg

I get that the devs wanted to hold off on some of the controversial changes, but I don't see why they can't push through the universally approved changes, like the EM1/Rhino/Polaris buff, and the moving CoF reduction on the Gauss SAW.
    • Up x 7
  5. Demigan

Vanu weapons are not OP because of 0,75 ADS, they are OP because of the total sum of it's stats, of which 0,75 ADS is only a tiny portion. Removing 0,75 ADS and buffing the weapons other stats 'as compensation' you would give these weapons a boost to OPness that might rival old ZOE or Striker or Banshee or PPA or current Ravens (which still need a nerf in overall damage, the accuracy is good enough a boost for the weapon).
    • Up x 2
  6. UberNoob1337101

I'm in for everything except 0.75 ADS.

If 0.75 ADS removal happens, then the devs will equalize the Orion by giving it 0.35 moving CoF while ADS and SPA and ALS.

Well this is my list what the LMG changes should be :

Buff T16 Rhino, EM1 and VX29 Polaris the way devs wanted to.
    Buff and revamp Pulsar LSW so it's not a weaker version of SVA-88.
    Buff and revamp Flare VE6 so it isn't a weaker version of Ursa.
    TMG-50 gets slightly faster RoF so it's more like a TR gun.
    MSW-R gets 60/55 rounds in it's magazine and fires at 770 RPM but reloads slower.
    T9A Butcher is buffed properly, so it's not a worse version of T9 CARV.
    Lasher X2 gets something similar or the exact lashing mechanic from PS1. Just heard of it and I don't know how it functions, but it sounds cool.
    NC6 Gauss SAW gets 0.4 moving CoF, so it's on par with the GODSAW.
    Betelgeuse gets it's heat mechanic a little bit more in line, so it's a very small nerf.

But if we're going to balance the directive weapons in general, give NC and TR unique directive weapon traits.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Those LMG changes really should go live at this point.
    • Up x 1
  8. Collin

Problem is VS say the Betel and Orion is not OP. We should all listen to the VS. Stats, KPH and K/D are worthless and the VS will explain you why. Since i can´t get my head around it i can´t explain WHY the Betel is still that OP and the Butcher that crap. But some VS will explain this and suddenly it makes all sence for the DEVS and VS.

Since then i will fight the NC on the battlefield and i see the NC will fight the TR.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scorpion97

I see the low dps LMG changes should go life soon

the high dps LMGs need to wait since there are arguments on them for more than 100 days
  10. Nabil1998

• Up x 1
  11. Mythologicus

Should add an "I don't care" option. I'd pick that one.
    • Up x 1
  12. OldMaster80

While I'd love to see some lmg tuned I will not vote because of the 0.75. That's not the problem: the issue is with the ADADADADA. Make that impossible and 1) gun fights will look less ridicolous 2) 0.75 issue solved forever for every 0.75 weapon.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ragnarox

Srry but that wont happen, Vanu masterrace will not get nerfed, ever again.
  14. OldMaster80

The amazing thing of this forum is 0.75 ADS has been there since the beginning and only NOW it's becoming an issue. I assume people just need something to hate. VS 0.75 is just the flavor of the week.
    And even better is that Orion and Betelguese would have been BUFFED by the LMG tuning patch, but 99% of the community (TR, NC but VS as well) focused on the 0.75 ADS.

Orion
    • ADS modifier changed from 0.75 to 0.5
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88
    • Standing hipfire from 2.75 to 2.5
    • Moving hipfire from 3.5 to 3.25
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540
    • ADS CoF Recoil changed from 0.05 to 0.04
    • Moving ADS CoF reduced from .4 to .35
    Betelgeuse
    • ADS modifier changed from 0.75 to 0.5
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88
    • Standing hipfire from 2.75 to 2.5
    • Moving hipfire from 3.5 to 3.25
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540
    • Decreased Heat bleedoff speed by 20%
    • ADS CoF Recoil changed from 0.05 to 0.04
    • Moving ADS CoF reduced from .4 to .35
    • Up x 4
  15. FieldMarshall

I guess they (the devs) have a hard time putting value on the .75 stat when it comes to balancing.
    When you tweak other stats like (for example) reload speed, they can look at numbers and figure out what the mag size needs to be.
    But if you (for example) gave .75 to the Carv, what other stat do you reduce, and by how much.
    Im guessing thats why they are so hesitant to do anything.

Then again, they casually removed .75 ADS on a bunch of weapons already so who knows.
  16. McMan

0.75 nerf topics come and go every 4-6 months. So its is not a novel thing.
    • Up x 2
  17. Shanther

The VS actually take the time to logically explain why things are not OP. The NC and TR just scream that they are and ignore everything that is said.
    • Up x 4
  18. Scr1nRusher

But wouldn't VS players who use 0.75 ADS LMG's still do good without 0.75 ADS on those LMG's?
    • Up x 2
  19. Haquim

Orion doesn't actually seem to be OP, I think the Betelguese which is the auraxium Orion ( andwhich definitely IS) has kinda screwed with that in my head
    But to be perfectly honest, everybody shooting at me with a Betelgeuse seems to have 90% accuracy overall with 50% headhots.
    Increasing that to 95% and 55% won't really change much, but if they are easier to hit that actually might.

Also velocity from 570 to 540 and decreased heat bleedoff speed should be red. If I didn't confuse things in my head those are nerfs.

And I would actually pay money to witness a DBG meeting about balance.
    The new ESAV tanks secondaries look nice enough (final judgment pending, I need live experience for that), but most of the stuff they are doing makes me believe that they have actually no ******* idea what they are doing and simply implement some arbitrary changes that they got from a magic 8-ball.
    • Up x 1
  20. Shanther

Yes and they (we) have said as such. Your question is meaningless though.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.