Light Assault class its banned from competitive gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by terranhawk, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Aegie

Yes, because dropping C4 is incredibly one-dimensional and boring and is the most often sighted issue as to why the class, overall, is so lackluster.

Imagine if they buffed the lock-on launchers and took everything else away from HA but those- yeah, people would complain about OP lock-on launchers but the class itself would be joke.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dalek

I have to use light infantry because I have a small problem.

I have been playing space engineers lately and it's 3D in space. E on the keyboard rotates your character in space, which is used quite often.

So there I am, while flying a mosquito that E rotates my aircraft when I am leaning too much to the right... Falling to my death and the free certs for anyone who finds my aircraft (if it hasn't blew up already).

Light assault is just a temporary solution until I lose the habit of pressing E to rotate. :p
  3. TheSauss

I have played competitively on a few different games and I personally think the LA has its place as long as the people using it understand what role it needs to play and its limitations.
  4. Tuco

Some platoon leaders use their own squads/platoons as their own revive cert generating bots. You can't revive most LA's when they die in places a medic can't reach.

I wish revive were just removed from the game.
  5. bonkfire

Main problem with LA in outfits is LA have to stay on the move or be constantly flanking to be at the peak of effectiveness. But no other classes can keep up, so unless most of the squad wants to go LA then the LA is either sticking back with his squad basically as an engineer who cant drop ammo or rep, or he is running ahead/around away from his squad and the squad leader feels he is down a man.
    • Up x 1
  6. that_darn_lurker

For air, you should always remap the exit key to something else. I use U.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

The only problem with that is there's about 3 competent LAs per server :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  9. yeHHH1g

This post is absolutely wrong and laughable. We use LAs all the time in competitive play, we've always have one dedicated LA each match and people are constantly switching between classes to LA depending on the situation. Your perspective is also very flawed based on the Commclash events because the camerawork was not very good at times and missed out on the important things our Light Assaults were doing. Also, watch our deathmatch against FCRW in our Commclash match and tell me LAs have no place in competitions. The top fragger was a light assault.
  10. Makora

Just like every other class, LA has a time and place. LA is not extremely useful in a corridor crawl/point defense/open field combat. LA's are very nice to have in base assaults and urban combat, where their verticality gives them the edge.

But in the 208th we follow a very simple doctrine. You get the basics out of the way and then we see about any fancy-pants classes like infiltrators and LA's. You get your teams set up with the right number of heavies, medics and engineers. If you got all that then yeah, depending on the situation we can deploy this or that.

In my personal opinion, LA's are "disposable assets". This makes them not very useful in close teamplay because to make best use of an LA they need to operate freely and vertically. Meaning they WILL NOT be getting support from the rest of the squad when **** get upwardly inclined because they will most of the time, simply be out of helping reach.
    Yeah the LA can be used to get into a nice recon position, yes it can be used to put down a hard to reach spawn beacon. But an infiltrator is better suited for recon, and any good shot or an infiltrator with a good throwing arm can take a beacon out (EMP grenades blow up spawn beacons). And once the LA has used up his/her C4's and people know the bugger's somewhere around and they know to look for one, the class has lost it's main kicker.
  11. Copasetic

And he IS down a man as soon as that LA dies, because unlike all the other classes he's running the LA isn't in a position to be revived.
  12. Vixxing

Just change outfit... a single LA taking out MBT's with C4 trying to take out the sundy is a hero in any squad... (i play all classes and changes when the need arises) and dont listen to much to what the outfit leader says, focus on having FUN!
  13. Vixxing

For crappy medics maybe, i got grenade bandolier and 3 revive grenades... (and im skilled at throwing them) ;)
  14. FieldMarshall

Remove LA from a squad and your enemy can rest well knowing that they only have 2 exits to cover instead of everything.
  15. DJPenguin

Just you wait. My Dojo will begin the resurgence of the LA in all of its glory.
  16. z1967

C4 AND SHOTGUNS FOR ALL!
  17. DQCraze

Ridiculous thread...I hate fighting skilled LAs more then any other class. For someone not to recognize the extreme menace of this class just shows lack of experience.
  18. MonnyMoony

I am loving the LA class. I played primarily as a sniper to begin with - but have recently migrated to playing LA a lot more. I have certed my jump pack and c4 to the max.

I am finding the role very effective at sneaking up on enemy positions from behind or the side and at C4ing vehicles. I have killed more vehicles in the past few weeks than I think I ever have playing HA with a rocket launcher.