[Vehicle] Liberator Tank Buster - TOO MUCH DAMAGE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bidaum, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Takara

There are....the only way to make it possible to one clip a tank is to be at near pointblank range... the CoF is rather random the bullets never follow a set pattern. And the damage drop off is insane. They go out of their way to make it very hard to one clip people with it. You have a tank that can OHK infantry left and right...the fact that some people get angry with dying to the TBer is they just had the tabled turned....I admit most of my kills are prowlers that are locked down or spamming shells at infantry. I get hate tells....I also get shot down by AP rounds...not every run ends with success.
  2. ppanj

If you wanna make a lib cry get a dual walker shield sundy, those are nasty. Skyguard is much better against ESF. As for the tankbuster being overpowered, maybe if it could actually do damage beyond spitting range...

And what was this talk of tankbuster shooting 60 shots? It shoots two shots per click, but the ammo goes down by 2...
  3. NoctD

IMO - the Dalton is more broken than the Tankbuster. The Tankbuster is range limited, the Dalton isn't.

The only Dalton nerf was an AI one - for a weapon with so much alpha per shot, it reloads far too quickly. I've said this elsewhere - the Dalton MUST see its reload time changed to 3.5 seconds. Even then, it will still reload faster than the Magrider and Vanguard AP cannons! Madness really... good thing so few people realize just how good the Dalton still is today.

Edit - as for the Tankbuster, one way to deal with it is to increase its TTK... increase the ammo pool, reduce the damage/ROF, and give it a spool up time like the Vulcan, Hellion, etc. Its ability to one clip stuff should remain, but the TTK can definitely be increased. Making it a spool up weapon would make sense, given the other AV gatlings in the game have it now.
  4. Takara

So after checking the stats on PS2 Oracle of death stats for the last 30 days....the TB isn't even in the top 15 weapons that kill MBT's In fact the lighting AP cannon kills more tanks than the Tank buster. Neither is the tank buster in the top 15 of weapons that kill Lightings...or suderers.

In fact all the weapons below the top 15 killers of MBTs they account for 1.45% or less for each weapon.

If you really look at the stats...Liberators die to MBT's at a higher percentage than MBT's die to Liberators as a whole...in fact there isn't even a liberator weapon among the top 15 killers of any MBT/Lighting/Sundy.

The ONLY vehicles in which the TB shows up in the 15 killing weapon on is....other aircraft Specifically Other Liberators and Galaxy only :p

So sure that is some raw data but it till tells you that a Nosegun on a liberator accounts for less than 1.45% of tank kills for any empire. ....does this sound like something that needs a nerf?

Check for yourself http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/

Monthly vehicle deaths - MBT -
    • Up x 1
  5. Archlyte

So what. I still hold that the thing should be an A2G weapon only, with a different nose gun needing to be fitted for A2A duty.
    • Up x 1
  6. Doc Jim

Suggestion for a "solution":

1) Give Liberators slightly higher resistances against the Tankbuster.
    2) Give the Vektor better damage against aircraft [maybe add a weak FLAK effect (°o°) ].
    3) Give the Spur... f*ck it, give people a refund for the Spur.

Not to be taken seriously ;-)