[Vehicle] Liberator Tank Buster - TOO MUCH DAMAGE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bidaum, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Inex

Considering you started out saying MBTs shouldn't lose to Lightnings, and then admitted they can be... I'll agree something's moot.

Divided by 2 crew is 225. Just because you pulled the Lib doesn't mean you need to pilot it.

And yet you fly a Lib. :p

So not caution, just being bad?

:eek: I did almost 500 hunting snowmen.

The sentiment is adorable, but what I want isn't dependent on people's goals and life dreams; I want an enjoyable combat ecosystem.

We aren't in the dark times of last year where Libs clouded the skies over every base, but they still don't have anything that counters them. And silly crew/Nanite cost comparisons aside, I'm actually OK if the counter to Liberators isn't Skyguards. I'd actually rather that it was ESFs, so that you'd get a nice Skyguard>ESF>Lib>Tank>Skyguard circle of life.
    • Up x 2
  2. Takara

Wha....no it doesn't it costs 450 divided by 1...which is 450. Only one person pulls the lib. And just because your gunner is good at bombing doesn't make him a good pilot.

I never set out to do that...only snowmen I killed I did by finding them in fights. My SPM is based on 2 years of playing...not some stat padding mini event about killing non moving respawning whack-a-mole.

Another LIB....ESFs....Manned GAL's. Skyguards.....lock on rockets.... AA maxs....Walkers on tanks/harassers/sundies. Infact the only vehicle in the game with out an AA ability is the flash. So to say nothing counters them just shows how clueless you are at any kind of game balance.

Believe it or not...that circle you mentioned exists. But due to player skill...both good skill and poor skill...somtimes it's out of order.

In the circle of life...sometimes the hunter is killed by it's normal prey. Humans used to get eaten by lions.....hell we still do don't we. NERF THEM LIONS!

I've listened to what you have to say. But you have yet to post any fact. You just make stuff up. You really think 2 skyguards are going to die to one lib then they are both very oblivious and thus deserved the culling that came their way.
  3. iller

Are you the same Takara with 1000+ Tankbuster kills? If you are I got some bad news. You're not unbiased either... so calling me biased is counterproductive. #2, we have the same KDR in our Skyguards, and I have 100 more kills than you in mine.... So again, don't try to high Trojan Horse mansplain me on the finer points of skyguarding ....especially when all of your kills are against NC bads as a member of GinyuForce, while I'm the one who's stuck playing as an NC and gets next to no support from his fellow horribly uncoordinated cowboy allies. Your "point" about being out-coordinated isn't as much a Stats-data point as it's just acting like an over privileged lil' emeraldite
  4. Takara

That is indeed me. I hardly use the thing. I had my Auraxiam long long time ago. Well over a year ago. It actually used to be more powerful. IT was rightly nerfed. I used it back before most people had it. It used to be 1000 cert weapon on release. Very few people knew how good it was. It was incredibly powerful but so few people had one and used it. When they changed it and made it cheap as hell to get you saw them everywhere. I honestly go out of my way not to use it...I find it more rewarding to use teamwork and use my gunner. I've been more then upfront about the fact I fly a lib often....I drive a tank often too...and I honestly know how hard it is to line up them TB runs. When I die to a lib....I say GG and respawn to get another tank....it's Planetside that is basically the point.

What are you talking about....My over all kills Show 53% NC 47% TR ...like...I spend equal amount of time killing both empires.

Lastly if you blame your empire...perhaps you should come join the VS...I will cover your skyguard! It's what us 33 year old over prviileged lil' emeraldites do for each other. <3
  5. iller

I think we're as close as we'll ever get to a mutual understanding on this so I'm going to leave it at that. Thank you for pointing out how much people first underestimated its potential after release
  6. Jeffrey

Now where would they get that idea?
    [/quote]

Oh looks look how many AA maxes TR has... 0 AA. Oh look, Is NC MBT even aware that there is a LIB or see that their armour colomnn is being taken out by an enemy lib? HELL NO!
  7. Mythologicus

Well this thread deteriorated quickly.

Zepher does suck, though. With the render distance of infantry and the weapon's accuracy, you need to be quite low and steady to actually hit targets with your rapid-fire water balloon-cannon. And during that time you're being shot with dumbfires, lock-ons, tank cannons, flakMAXes, Skyguards, ESFs, other Liberators, Sunderers, and even aspiring AA Light Assaults with C4. Or possibly even rammed by a Skywhale.

I've mentioned this many times before, but the one thing I hate seeing Libs do is hover directly over a target and shoot it relentlessly with the Dalton. I'm a split between a tanker and a Lib pilot, and I suppose the reason I hate it so much is the same reason ESF skyknights hate lock-ons. Only you can still fight against lock-ons. You can't fight against the Angel of Death pooping artillery directly onto your face. You can fight against them trying to TB you first. And the latter is more fun for both parties.
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

"tankbuster is fine" - a tanker
  9. Mjolnir

Zepher is very good, at least on hossin. You can avoid tanks and dumbfires and still present targets for your gunner if you know what you are doing.
  10. TerminalT6

So the OP said that it takes 4.4 seconds for a Tankbuster to empty it's clip...

If you can't that out in your head, doesn't that seem a bit long?
  11. Inex

Probably forgot it fires 2 rounds at a time, so it technically has double the listed ROF.
    • Up x 1
  12. Foxirus

YES! Only the Iwin Vanguard shield is worthy of that name.
  13. Alarox

Just like the Magrider's IWIN climbing (which leads to victory) or the Prowler's IWIN cannon (since that DPS leads to its wins).

Last night I abused my IWIN pistol in this Infiltrator duel (Commissioner headshot insta-kill), was lots of fun. I also played Medic a bit and used my IWIN heal (won some 1v1s with only a tiny bit of health left). I got jumped at one point but pulled it off with my IWIN knife (almost lost, but won with the press of a button). They started swarming the base so I had to pull my IWIN MAX and went on a huge killstreak.
  14. Foxirus

Wait wait.. Let me fix that for you... Theeeere we go..

Alarox <3
  15. Alarox

Yeah, my bad. Thanks!
  16. Foxirus

You are very welcome! I look forward to gently placing IWIN C4 bricks to the back of your IWIN Vanguard in the future, Just remember to not look behind you, being looked at spooks me away :<
  17. Archlyte

"Hard to Use" means nothing. There are always a group of people for whom nothing is relatively hard to use given a few days of playing. Hard to use is an invalid mechanic for tempering weapons on vehicles.
  18. Takara

Actually I would say it is. If something is hard to use......then it should be more powerful. The game isn't here to give a crutch to everyone...I can't fly an ESF very well...so should they nerf all the ESF guns because I don't know how to avoid them?
    • Up x 1
  19. Archlyte

What I am saying is that "Hard to Use" is not a good way to try and make anything in the game metered, because a portion of the audience will immediately seize on that weapon and train with it until they know exactly how it performs. The effect is then a forum poster "I hit with that weapon all the time" with the unwritten [as I do with every other weapon in the game].

Actual Mechanics are needed with impossibilities built in. Merely making it "Difficult" means nothing. Difficult for who? Under what conditions? It's just stupid.

And the crutch argument doesn't hold water unless the actual idea of the design is to essentially stratify the player by skill. If a lock-on actually won't track a type of target then it has an impossible condition, not something like the missile not locking but will fire and can be used to hit a target up close. The exception then gets equal weight anecdotally. Its probably why they give more weight to metrics than testimony.
  20. Bujias

Cry babies want more easy weapons, cry babies liek the game to Aim for them.

FFS anyone can hear a lib 3 squares away, point your tank cannon over there wait for him and 8 out of 10 you can kill them, unless is an experience crew.
    Hunting libs with mbt its actually easier once you know how than to hunt them with a skyguard. Tank buster is fine, they have to expose themselves so bad that makes it easier to kill them, so much exposure should have high reward, besides they already nerf tankbuster before and everyone was happy, but like many people predict, cry babies, console peasants, aim assist abusers, would want the game tailored to their needs so they would ask for the lib to be nerfed again and voila here it is.

The lib has been over nerfd and you bearly see good ones now, most of the libs you see are so easy to kill its really