Lancer and Phoenix should one shot infantry like other AV.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, May 26, 2013.

1. Livefire

Y
    Yes it is! Because you can't control when it fires like in PS1, in PS1 you could hold the full charge as long as you wanted with the new lancer it requires more skill and you would have to time it just right to get a hit at long range on a soldier if you charge it in cover. Again its asymmetrical man just like the phoenix is. And no one is talking about slowing down the velocity of the round so it does OHK we are talking about strait buffs, things this game needs before everything ends up in lame *** symmetrical balance that is redundant and boring just like PS1 ended up being.
  2. Luewen

Ummm, strikers do not one shot infantry.
  3. Livefire

A futuristic scifi Armaside would be the best selling and competitive FPS ever made oh wait that's what planetside 2 is suppose to be..goodtimes.
    • Up x 1
  4. Livefire

That should solely be because of the lock on feature not the damage amount, if it could hit it should OHK. And it should splash near by infantry from hits on vehicles just like the other AV launchers do.
  5. Purg

LOL. If the Lancer was a OHK on infantry, I'd be out snipering snipers with it. Q to spot, aim a little under the dorito. Kill.
  6. HadesR

You really don't understand that something that was broken ( OHK Nix ) shouldn't be made broken again do you ?
  7. Luewen

Actually its doesnt one shot even on that situation. You need at least 2 missiles to hit infantry to kill them. As i have witnessed it myself when shooting at tank that was getting repaired by engi. 2 missiles hit the engi and not tank.
  8. Ribero

Logic says yes, "balance" says no.
  9. Nocturnal7x

Nah, maybe no guided av should ohk infantry at all?
  10. GhostAvatar

Skill vs reward. Firing a dumbfire rocket with slow projectile speed etc. is not equal skill to using camera guided missile or pew pew Lancer. If you want easy one hit kills, then learn to play better. Either that or farm biolabs with your dumbfire rocket launcher.

Was it a long shot with a Lancer :p

Problem is, I am pretty sure at present the flak armor mechanic does nothing to negate direct hit damage on explosions. So that would require waiting for SOE to change a mechanic for use in single instance. Not something that is going to be high on their priority list.

So I have to ask the question, are you sure that a direct hit with the Enforcer is negated by flak armor?

Nanites!

If it doesn't do what it is intended to do, then it is nanites :)
  11. DramaticExit

You've obviously never been on the receiving end of a surprise VS lancer nest. No warning... Then your tank explodes as a whole bunch of them hit you in quick succession at max charge. It's fun.
  12. Posse

It doesn't require that much skill, I suck at sniping and I find it really easy to do it. And the Phoenix is a no-brainer, it's even more easy to use. Assymetrical balance is one thing, having OP weapons that desincentive the use of any other weapon isn't assymetrical balance.
  13. Livefire

I'm all for not having broken op weapons replace other weapons but in the case of the lancer, striker, and Phoenix being this case if they were OHK I do not believe they would be because the each have there faults to other weapons still. Striker no dumb fire for cqb, pheonix no dumb fire for cqb, lancer 5 second charge uptime instead of instant fire.
  14. Van Dax

As a lancer user I say no. They'd have to nerf some aspect of the weapon to balance it (like velocity or accuracy) and I don't want it getting worse at its intended role for some cheese like this.
  15. Livefire

A buff with a nurf is not balance it's just counterproductive and stupid, it should be a strait buff simple as that. There for on the damage par with all other av and having a cool aysmmetrical empire specific feature that has its ups and downs.
  16. Van Dax

I already encounter many people who think the lancer is OP, right now its a tradeoff: better at range, but garbage up close. If the enemy gets to close we switch to S1s and decimators. The right tool for the right job makes all the difference and frankly I think this game could use more and not less of specialized weapons.
  17. Livefire

And that is sad as flak armor combined with are shield would make perfect sense to survive an otherwise OHK hit from an explosive rocket. The shield would blow up the rocket on contact and with the flak armor on the actual soldier he would be able to survive the fragmentation. No flack armor then no survive the fragments. Makes sense?
  18. Morpholine

Why would any VS ever play infiltrator/sniper when HA can have a higher velocity, no bullet drop, one-shot-kill-wherever-it-hits "sniper rifle" that also does decent AV damage and whose only real drawbacks are a clunky charge mechanism and a bad scope?

HA would truly be the swiss-army, little need for anything else class.
  19. QuakerOatsMan

Tried and done when they were first released, and they didn't work out at all. The only ones who were "having fun" were the phoenix users. The AI damage reduction now designates the phoenix as an AV weapon, not an AI weapon as everyone was doing. Did you even use the phoenix when it first came out?

And no, the lancer doesn't need a buff (you can kill infantry in "3" shots with it medium range and simply guarantee a kill if you use a whole clip, given you have good aiming and leading skills). It is perfectly potent for a weapon that can damage or destroy any ground (or air) vehicle without warning and countermeasure except for cover.

And what's "wrong" with people rejecting a buff? Just because a player is loyal to their faction doesn't mean they would want a game-breaking buff for their weapons that would ruin balance and make the game not fun for everyone. Some people also play other factions because purely using one faction sometimes gets stale, so they actually understand what weapons do and don't work well for gameplay. The last thing everyone needs now is another round of 100 threads a day about how OP the phoenix or lancer is. Any buffs to either ESRL will also leave the striker in the dust in capability and versatility (the last time I saw the charts, all three were about the same in SPM and overall performance) especially since right now anyone who has played for a couple hours can easily earn the certs for a lock-on launcher to generally rival the striker's utility and capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  20. ent|ty

I agree they should. If you hit the guy straight on. If you don't, splash damage that does not kill them is fine.

Thats because rockets in real life don't care if they hit flesh or metal. It's just that metal can take more damage to it.

Good luck hitting me with rockets though. Watch out for the dumbfires though.. they're a real ***** when you get hit in the face with one. Here it comes.... (and no whistle to warn you)

NOTE: I don't pull out my engineer's AV turret often. And when I do, it really isn't meant for infantry targets. They just happen to get hit with it once in awhile. That's life. No need to nerf. I'm trying to hit that turret, or that MAX, or that tank, and you keep getting in the way. sob.