Lancer and Phoenix should one shot infantry like other AV.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, May 26, 2013.

1. andrewasdf

I don't understand how you can ask for realism in this situation and overlook the easiest justification that satisfies everything.

Infantry have personal shields. Why would ARMOR piercing rockets one shot infantry through personal shields?

There we go! Everyone's happy! There's justification for rockets not killing infantry instantly for you, and literally everyone that isn't you that doesn't want it because we aren't stupid is happy because the game isn't ruined.
  2. Beartornado

And?
    You might as well be playing COD if that's what you're looking for.
  3. Vashyo

So an anti-tank vehicle weapon that works in a similar way as sniper rifle should instakill? Who needs infiltrators then. :p

Also we allready know what happened with phoenix lol, people shooting around corners killing people from safety
  4. ExarRazor

dude, you need to go actually PLAY PS1 before making yourself look like an idiot.

the lancer in ps1 was never a charge based weapon. functionally, it was like a pre-patch saron with 6 shots in the clip
    had a slight delay after pulling the trigger before the shot actually fired, and was incredibly accurate
  5. Kogmaw

Personally, i would love to OHK w/ my Lancer. But that would most likely break the game.

although, i would love to be able to cert into a better scope, can we do that at least?
  6. Zorro

The problem is that does not make sense with the current TTK. A few bullets can tear through shields quite easily, and a rocket is much more powerful than bullets. The only way it could make sense is if the whole TTK was raised, and that would ruin the game.

Call of Duty is unrealistic. What the OP wants is something as realistic as Arma 3 set in the future, and I agree with him. In Arma, I doubt that rockets are very viable anti-infantry weapons.
    • Up x 1
  7. ShayeUK

more like, all AV should NOT one shot infantry like Lancer and Phoenix.
    • Up x 1
  8. Macchus

because it does more damage than the shield absorbs .. if you want to go that route you have to buff the shield not nerf the rocket against infantry ... or as someone said add an explosive resist somehow .
    • Up x 1
  9. ent|ty

I've never been killed by a Phoenix.

I've killed lots of Phoenix users though. Dumbfire is very handy at long ranges at stationary targets too busy looking through their cam rocket to realize one is on the way into their face.
  10. Livefire

Ya head shot would work for me, I really like the idea that guy had about making the flak armor make it so you can't OHK with AV. It would be cool if you had to get a head shot on that guy to OHK him then. Plus we would see flak armor used so much more then it is now, I don't know anyone who even uses it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Livefire

I really hope noobs like you that want the stupid *** long TTK I dealt with in PS1 for 10 years don't get there way. I say that out of care PS2 stays a successful modern FPS were AV OHKs!
  12. hansgrosse

O hey guys, I had a great idea! Let's take the Lancer, which is the highest-velocity and most accurate weapon in the game, and make it one-shot infantry! It'd be fun and more realistic, because in real life military-grade lazor beams kill in like 0.00000000214 seconds! Most of all, there's no possible way it'd become the new standard-issue Vanu sniper rifle overnight!

And when we're done with that, let's make the Phoenix one-shot infantry again, because there definitely wasn't a forum ****storm about that when the weapon first came out!

There are no flaws in this logic. None whatsoever.
  13. Kristan

So you compare dumbfire rockets that OHK and requires skill to hit to... camera guided missile and sniper AV weapon that has projectile as fast as bullet? Oookay...

Also AV guns are made for Anti Vehicle purposes. If you comparing to real life, then are you ready to die from 1-2 bullets you get? Because you will die if you get couple of bullets. In PS2 you get like 5-10 bullets. Maybe you picked a wrong game and should go to Arma?

Also saying that you're PS1 vet devastates you completely, where to kill REXO you had to land 4 phoenixes. :rolleyes:
  14. Zan_Aus

Its almost like you're daring someone.

Oh yeah original idea is bad, I can't be bothered dealing with the Forumside tears if my Lancer could one-shot infantry.

Asymmetrical balance =/= stupid and broken stuff.
  15. CrimsonDaemon

[IMG]
    Barack, come to bed I'm cold.

No Michelle, someone is being rebellious on forumside again.
  16. Kristan

Well I guess we call it a successful troll thread.
  17. Weirdkitten

Phoenix should have a cluster bomb warhead option. 25m x 100m instagib zone sounds pretty reasonable to me :p
  18. Procellus

Tell me more about real war, tough guy
  19. Livefire

1. Its call a scifi simulator as CCP puts it or realism in a scifi setting or a "modern tactical shooter in a scifi setting" ie PS2, it means you can take 5-10 shots cause you have a shield it does not mean you can take a rocket to the face and live just cause its made for tanks and not infantry.
    2. Ya I remember those days, PS1 had its ups and downs a lot more of the ups need to make it into PS2 the biggest down was its stupid long TTK and needs to stay the hell out of PS2.
    • Up x 1
  20. Livefire

No, asymmetrical balance = things you apparently can not comprehend so you are scared of them and hate them:)