Lancer and Phoenix should one shot infantry like other AV.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, May 26, 2013.

1. Posse

Wait wait, one thing is that the Lancer and the Phoenix are not OHK as they would be definitely OP because of the way they work, but the dumbfire rockets should stay as they are, they're not effective against infantry anyway, it's easy to dodge them (if you don't then it's your fault), at close range they're like a PA with a very small magazine, so they're really not efficient, they're more like a last resort.
  2. Zorro

Notice how the camera is often "off" a bit from hitting the infantry directly? The problem was that the hitbox was so big one only had to fly through the general area to kill a trooper.
  3. Xind

The second the Striker can one hit infantry, why not the Lancer and Phoenix?
  4. EliteEskimo

Ya I know what you mean and I hated trying to dodge them in my tank, because even when the blue rocket visually was dodged by me it's massive invisible hit box still managed to hit .:eek:

The other big issue was it was very easy to hit running infantry with them as demonstrated by this video, the current ESRL's can absolutely never be allowed to be OHK's again.

5. Posse

How are you supposed to hit infantry with the striker?
  6. Clutchstep

I love my Lancer and I think it is very slightly UP. But making it OHK infantry would not help balance it, it would make it OP. It's very easy to hit infantry with the Lancer since the projectile speed is so high and its so accurate.
  7. llPendragon

The Lancer is hands-down the best AV gun, while also being the worst AI gun. This is intentional. Anything less would require a complete re-balance of it's accuracy, projectile speed, ROF, magazine size, etc.

The Phoenix should never have been sold as an AV weapon. It was much more appropriate killing infantry in one hit but doing less damage to vehicles. Hitting a vehicle with a slow, camera guided missile is much harder than hitting infantry.

Lock onto a vehicle that is sitting behind infantry. I've seen it happen. You may have to be far enough away that the vehicle renders but the infantry don't.
  8. Posse

Completely irrelevant then, they can let it be OHK for all I care, it doesn't affect balance at all
    • Up x 1
  9. llPendragon

Agreed. Just wanted to share a game quirk that was hilarious to everyone that wasn't dead. :eek: :D
  10. MykeMichail

Can't agree more with the OP. Its pretty much what I said when the ESRL's were released.
    • Up x 1