Lancer and Phoenix should one shot infantry like other AV.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Livefire, May 26, 2013.

1. Livefire

The Phoenix and the Lancer should both be able to one shot infantry just like all the other AV. Even the Anti Air AV can one shot an infantry soldier as it should be. But the Phoenix hits almost as hard as an NS decimator but takes 2 shots to kill infantry? Same with the lancer, if you take the time to charge the thing to max and manage to hit a infantry soldier with it at that load it should one shot them no questions asked. As for the TR striker it should be just as powerful but because of the lock on feature probably would not be able to be use on infantry. I would say just give it a good amount of splash damage so when it is hitting vehicles it could kill any infantry that is real close to them like all other AV does anyways.

Please do not listen to the people complaining about OP weapons they just need to learn tactics and how to play better. Hitting things with nurf bats ruins games. It should always be an uphill battle when an infantry soldier goes head to head with an AV rocket launcher this is part of learning infantry tactics.
    • Up x 5
  2. NightFalls998

you obviously did not see the HUNDREDS of vidoes of people using phoenixes to one shot people from spawns

But yes, the lancer should be able to one shot- hitting anything without ads is impossible and at lv 3 charge takes 3 seconds. Too bad VS got shafted on ESRLs
    • Up x 6
  3. Morpholine

As a person madly in love with his Lancer, I still have to say this is a terrible suggestion that would change the game for the worst, by a long shot.
    • Up x 26
  4. LoneMaverick

Also I think NC/VS need to be able to cert into their EST AV secondaries so that HAs can carry them....It'd make sense amirite? :confused:
  5. Pikachu

I suppose you joined the game after the phoenix got nerfed. The phoenix was the ultimate troll weapon when it had full infantry damage. It's unpleasant to have lower damage against infantry but this is a necessary case. We NC loved it but we knew it could not continue the way it was.

I would like to give the lancer a week during which a charged shot can kill infantry, just for testing. I would also like to see striker being able to dumbfire with 50% ROF. It takes 2 rockets to kill infantry.
  6. Fixthebugs

**** no.
    • Up x 2
  7. andrewasdf

Absolutely not. No way. Don't want it for my Lancer, definitely don't want it from your Phoenix.

First, let's make it so the Phoenix actually renders properly (aka at all in some circumstances) and the hitbox of the model is correct and not 10 meters below where it displays. After that is fixed, still no.
    • Up x 2
  8. Haterade

Let's have a camera-guided missile OHK infantry. Let's have something with no bullet drop and little-to-no travel time OHK infantry. That'll make the game better.:confused:

Hell, the Striker can't even lock onto turrets. But let's give the other two ESRLs OHK to infantry.
    • Up x 2
  9. Livefire

How the hell do you see that? I can see why people might complain about the phoenix because of its ability to shoot from cover such as the spawn which I would just say it only has 300m range so don't camp spawn buildings and you wont have a problem. But the Lancer is a strait shot RL just like all other RLs and all other RLs one shot infantry even ones that lock onto vehicles and aircraft. PLEASE EXPLAIN your reasoning!!!???
  10. Cougarbrit

Hahaha it's like people only just started playing yesterday or something haha.
    • Up x 3
  11. Livefire

I would say the Striker should lock onto turrets probably even maxes like it did in PS1.
  12. Beartornado

How about all AV weapons are rendered useless against infantry?

Because to be honest its ridiculous any of them (save for weapons mounted on vehicles themselves) can kill infantry instantly, or near instantly.

No, its not realistic, but its not good gameplay either. AV should be forced into an AV role with limited function against infantry.
    • Up x 10
  13. xen3000

:eek: Bad idea is bad.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  15. LT_Latency

Travel time?? I don't play VS but it shoots much faster i think. Rockets at alot of ranges you can just step to the side and you will live even if it's a perfect shot
  16. Cuze

I agree that a direct hit rocket being unable to kill infantry is beyond silly. However, you also need to consider how a weapon feels to fight against, and someone arcing rockets over a hill and 1-shotting you without even getting a chance to fire back is very frustrating.
  17. Livefire

No I'm a 10 year vet from PS1 and played PS2 from beta but took a break for a month which was apparently when the day the phoenix actually killed on one shot when it first came out. I don't understand the complaining it requires some real skill to actually guild the missile it is not like PS1 phoenix and it is a blue missile that can be shot down and happens probably 3 out of 10 shots.
  18. Zorro

Agreed, but AV weapons should be effective against vehicles, not infantry. Since such high powered weaponry should OHK infantry, it should also be incredibly difficult and risky to hit infantry. The Phoenix was troublesome just because the hitbox was larger than the actual rocket.
    • Up x 1
  19. Livefire

I completely disagree and believe it is people like you ruining my games, realism adds intensity and immersion to game play that makes it highly addicting and exciting like fighting a real war that you don't actually die in. I probably would not play games at all if people like you had your way!
    • Up x 1
  20. Livefire

I play TR to for 5 years now. I would gladly accept it, anything that frustrates you will make you a better player as you learn to over come it. I believe asymmetrical balancing builds a more exciting and challenging game. Symmetrical balancing becomes redundant and boring.
    • Up x 1