LA Purchase Order

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Mortuus, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Wolfwood82

Honestly? I've thought "I wish I had medkits", "I wish I had a shotgun", "A UBGL would be awesome right now", "Damn I'm out of grenades again" each more often then I've thought I needed C4.

I personally don't need, want, or use C4. That's my play style, and I'm done trying to argue such a point with people who can't seem to figure out how much of a waste of time and resources it is trying to play with the stuff.

Laser sight basically just counters the compensator's tendency to ruin hip-fire CoF. Better to specialize your weapon for the situation you plan to use it in. Suppressor and laser for CQC-medium range, compensator and forward grip for longer range combat.
  2. Vortok

I have anti vehicle options on Medic (not really giving up anything to taking 2 C4 there) and Engineer, as well as recently certing a MBT and ESF to competent levels. LA is next class on my list and I'm not about to drop 700 certs for two C4 to do something I can already do effectively with four other options. If you only play LA, having 2 C4 as a loadout option is very good even if it's not your primary loadout.

My current plan will be Nova (higher ammo shotgun), 2+ Medkits (Resto is meh), and Flashbangs + Grenade Bandolier. A little worried about taking out a MAX without C4, but shotgun while they're blinded could yield decent results. We'll see.

Of course I'm looking for a different play style than what I already have. As said, C4 is a good option to have - I just have it elsewhere already. I also have a single C4 on a LA alt (low play time) and haven't found C4 to be -that- amazing even with a jetpack... guess I don't like blowing 100 infantry resources for a single kill. Probably just not good at throwing them.

And yes, slugs are pretty underwhelming thus far. Might be more interesting with the positioning that jump jets allows, but doubt they'll feel much better. Maybe if I used them a ton and could compensate for the recoil to get extra shots off faster at range.
  3. Ghoest

Thats what I thought until tried it.
    Blowing up tanks in a fight and deployed sunderers is really really good.
    Dropping it on people can be fun too sometimes but its taking out vehicles, turrets and even the occasional aircraft that makes it so important.