LA Purchase Order

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Mortuus, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mortuus

I've been looking at the LA forums a bit, and from what I can tell, most people seem to advocate picking up a suppressor. I was just wondering whether I should grab that or C4 first.
  2. FLYNN82

C4
    • Up x 1
  3. Takemoto

I second the C4 suggestion. Only have one at a time for now, but still feel like I have much more added functionality.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zeekez

Definitely c4, but then again I like/use a suppressor
    • Up x 1
  5. ParaxleNC

Absolutely get the C4. It's a literal must for our class. I would say before anything except nanoweave L1, a reflex scope, and the first level of jump jets.
  6. Nambu

I'll echo the c4, both of the points. When I had just 1, it was OK. Now that I have 2, I get giddy when I see a lone MBT. I dont even bother with the suppressor.
  7. PartNinja

I would like to point out that while C4 is very useful to our utility, you should really get certs into your jump jet, nanoweave, and weapon of choice first. You're a mobile skirmisher first, explosives expert second.
    • Up x 1
  8. Sedisp

I kind of agree but the first block of C4 is extremely needed.

Don't think about killing tanks think about turning situations around to your advantage with it.
  9. Temple

No need to have C4 if you're miles away from a medic and need to heal.
    IF you could have C4 and Resto/Medic kits - Then I'd rock it.
  10. ParaxleNC

I rarely find myself in a situation where I would think to use medikits. Typically, I either find a great spot, run out of ammo, and then die trying to knife fight someone standing between me and the sunderer, or someone gets the drop on me and I die.

It's not common that I wind up with a sliver of health and wish that I could heal. To be fair, I don't have the kits to have used them, but they are still rather low on my priority list considering the other options.
  11. gunshooter

1) Rail and a sight for your weapon (I suggest 1 or 2x reflex). Forward grip if you like ranged, Laser dot if you like CQC, Extended mags for a shotgun, Underslung GL if you have the associated weapon.
    2) 1 point in Nanoweave Armor
    3) 1x C4
    4) Max out jumpjets to level 6
    5) 2x C4
    6) Max out Nanoweave armor, or Ammo belt if you use a shotgun.

optional: Suppressor or Compensator for your weapon. If you opt to get one of these, get them after your first c4. ONLY get Suppressor if you ONLY intend to fight cqc, the bullet velocity change is INCREDIBLY noticable. Likewise, don't get a compensator if you fight in cqc often.
  12. Caracal

accuracy attachment to primary gun,
    a 2x-3x sight,
    c4
    a few flak armor upgrades/or adrenalin pump (flak makes dealing with vehicles/turrets easier)
    second c4
    smoke/flash grenades
    NV sight
    max out JJ

dont fall into the nanoweave armor trap. It really isnt as good as people think.
  13. gunshooter

How often do you die to explosions as an LA?
    How often do you die to bullets?

Because I die to bullets far more often and Nanoweave allows you to survive 1 extra bullet, sometimes 2. That may seem insignificant, but you die to 6-8 bullets in this game.

Also telling someone to go straight for a long range build is wrong. I play my LA as a cqc ambusher and i'm sure I do far better than you. There is more than 1 way to play.
  14. Darkian

1. C4
    2. Red Dot sight for your carbine
    3. Jumpjet upgrade
    4. Armor of your choice, Flak is excellent now that it can get up to 50% reduction, which can prevent a tank or liberator from 1 shotting you, or even survive a nade. Nanoweave is good if you don't mind having a useless upgrade until its maxed out, and it is only 1 extra bullet at max rank. Advanced Shield is great if you hit and run, as it lets you get out of combat, regen your shield fast, then get back in.
    5. Underslung Grenade Launcher if you have the S variant of your gun. (This nade launcher can be buggy at times, but once they fix it, it will hands down be your greatest tool)
    6. Suppressor, bullet drop isn't something to worry about with carbines, you shouldn't be trying to snipe people, your job is to harass the enemy, engage, kill, disengage, flank, kill, disengage. Suppressor enhances your job by making you unable to be tracked.
    7. C4 level 2
    8. Jumpjets
    9. Your choice after that.
  15. Nuubo

Ahh, the "I am better than you, so I am right" argument, its been a while since I ve seen one.... :)

Also, where exactly did he write to go for long range build? I only see the "2x-3x sight" part and that is pretty good all around mix, which can go either way (2x reflex for CQC, 3x for mid/long(ish) range).
    • Up x 1
  16. VKhaun

My 2¢:
    LA needs flexibility. In the same run, hopping up onto a tower or base wall, you could be right next to someone where you land or you could get into a firefight from one floor to the next or all the way down a long wall. You could fly up a hill and be in the open, then hop down and step into a building. The higher mobility of the class means you change settings more often than other classes, and it can be your job specifically to move the front lines to new environments.

You should go for a carbine with very good handling so you can put a laser sight and a 3.4x scope on it and hip fire or ADS at range as you find necessary. You should not be using a special ammo type. Softpoint is very attractive for CQC but it quickly loses damage at medium range. HV is good because it adds only VERTICAL recoil, and your laser sight replaces the foregrip which reduces only HORIZONTAL recoil. You are free to roll high velocity, compensator, laser sight, and 3.4x or 4.0x sight.

The list with ALL of those should be rather short.
  17. gunshooter

Wrong. 1 point in Nanoweave will allow you to survive 1 extra bullet from both 143 damage and 167 damage weapons. Maxed Nanoweave will allow you to survive 1 extra bullet from 200 damage weapons and 2 extra bullets from 143 damage weapons.

This is assuming ideal range, as all weapons have variable damage depending on range, where the benefit of Nanoweave becomes greater.
  18. Mrasap

1. Nano-weave (rank 1) [1 cert]
    2. Reflex-sight II [30 cert]
    3. Jetpack (up to rank 3) [40 cert (?)]
    4. C4 (rank 1) [200 cert]
    5. NV sight [30 cert]
    6. C4 (rank 2) [500 cert]
    7a. Flash/smoke
    7b. Armor of your preference (not nano-weave)

If you are willing to spend station cash I'd pick up the Solstice SF straight away and get the grenade launcher at point 3.
  19. HerpTheDerp

1. Nano-weave 1 and 2
    2. Jets 2

Why? Because it costs next to nothing.

Then you'll probably want C4. Being completely helpless against vehicles feels bad man. It's also essentially a remotely detonated grenade so it's great for setting traps, throwing on people's heads from above, throwing them from behind a force field in a grinder, and so on. The sooner you get C4, the sooner you'll learn to "think" with it.

Then get a gun of your choice. The default carbines for all factions are good enough that you should be able to get here without spending a single cert on them.
  20. Caracal

He asked for advice, i gave it...

Its his call, take one extra bullet to be killed... or prevent himself from being one-shotted. I choose to not be one-shotted, as there isnt anyway to react to being one-shotted. But, there is time to react to being shot with a gun (most times). And, for those times when it is impossible to react? Well nanoweave didnt do much for you anyway. The point is, that when you step back and think about it, nanoweave really isnt all that good.

I am sorry you disagree, but Flak Armor really is a better choice.

As for the critique on 2x-3x sight... that can hardly be called a long range sight. Medium, yes, but not long range. Also I said to get an accuracy attachment, like laser sight, for close range.