LA Purchase Order

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Mortuus, Dec 14, 2012.

1. HerpTheDerp

If only it actually rolled... but it bounces. It bounces like it's made out of rubber. This is especially problematic when you try to use it at high angles... for example standing on a roof and throwing it down. Which LA tend to do.

I wonder why the idea that LA is a CQC fighter is so prevalent among the community? Do you really run into buildings hip-firing at enemies? If so, why are you playing LA?
  2. Nuubo

I think it is probably more like, enter building from one side, open fire, retreat, fly over the building, enter from the other side, shoot defenders in the back. :)

Anyway, I tend to switch between close range/long(ish) range quite often on my LA (weapons used: VX6 and Pulsar C).
    • Up x 1
  3. Darkian

Most carbines are designed to hip fire very accurately, and shoot very fast, but have noticeable bloom and recoil at longer ranges, not to mention these variants of the guns can have really bad damage drop off at a range. If you use a mid-long range variant of a gun, or have your gun attachments setup to support longer range engagements, then Nanoweave will probably help you tremendously, but for people who fight in CQC using the LA, Nanoweave becomes considerably less of an upgrade as 1 extra bullet is a fraction of a seconds difference, if you have robotic reflexes, maybe it would be good. For players who use the LA as a hit and run class(Flank your targets, kill one, get out of combat before you die.) there are better armor upgrades available, Advanced shielding can help you get back into combat faster after you have taken a few hits then disengaged, I believe there is also an upgrade that gives you extra ammo, and extra grenades, some people might find these useful.

I personally find that flak best provides an overall buff to the LA toolset, when engaging seasoned players, you often might run into engineers or infiltrators who have placed down claymores, flak armor will allow you to tank the claymore and escape with your life. Other times you might be trying to C4 a tank and you run out of fuel for your jet, your ****** without flak armor, maybe your base has no air support and the enemy is hitting you hard with liberator and ESF rocket pods, flak will keep you from being easy pray when you land to recover fuel.

Again, I am not arguing that Nanoweave is completely useless, just that it doesn't really shine in any situation other then mid-long range, if that is what you tend to play, then nanoweave is probably a better upgrade for you then flak armor.
  4. Wolfwood82

-sigh- Both were NC MAX suits, one was up on a plateau on Isamir. He started at full health and I launched myself up and go behind him and joined several others in gunning him down with bullets, he was equipped with AI/AV

The other was in a tower, first grenade took him down below half health (again from full) and the second killed him. Dual AI.

This was in fact within the same lifespan.

Doesn't make a lot of difference though, in beta I took them out a lot more frequently especially before their crippling timers were implemented. You use to be able to spawn as MAX suits and they made up more then half the infantry that invaded any given base. I still didn't have much trouble with them. I either used LA tactics or I spawned as one, admittedly the combat was a little broken but it was still fun playing clash of the titans.

And no Nuubo, your choices are run or run. CQC with a MAX suit is usually death, I used C4 in beta which is exactly why I'm not such a huge fan of it in play. I know exactly how when and where to use it and yes I have used it to kill MAX suits before, but if you meet a MAX suit and he see's you, you are dead unless he doesn't have AI weapons equipped. If not then a couple of GL rounds or your carbine will work just fine for taking him out.

Your argument, I presume, is to make a point for C4's usefulness. Again this is just a slight increasing in destructive power that is incredibly expensive and typically not useful. Most situations where you can use C4 on a MAX suit, you could probably gun them down with head shots and achieve the same goal. Faster yes, but more expensive and not really reliable. I'm sure you've dropped a couple of C4 blocks only to have the MAX suit move 2 feet away and miss out on being destroyed in one shot right? This is typically followed by death or a panicked need to escape.

Look I gave my opinion on the matter. I used C4 all through out beta. I'm not a big fan of it, when your done giggling like a school girl over it I'm sure you'll start to see the same problems with it too. It's not worth jumping for as one of your first certs. I might get it eventually but my play style demands self healing rather then C4. I just took the first rank in regen kits last night and already love them. C4 is just no where near as useful as medkits.

I don't believe in feeding an undeserved sense of self righteous bull **** by letting my stats flash across the internet. Because there are people out there with tiny egos who like to look that crap up at the drop of a hat so they can pull some politician move by saying "oh look! His stats are no where near as cool as mine!".

But if you must know I hold a KDR that is barely over 1, I also don't play that much. I think I just recently clocked over a day and I typically spend about 2-4 hours playing once or twice a week if that. And as I told you last time you brought up the KDR crap, your stats show you favor infiltrator class and, dare I say it, those stats don't report how much time your *** is planted in a vehicle. Utterly worthless as a demonstration of skill, knowledge, tactics, or anything else even remotely resembling insight. About as worthless as your opinions are by the way.

In reality, your KDR shows more about how much of a coward you are then anything resembling skill. At least in my opinion. I'm usually the first to charge through AMP station doorways in light assault, whether or not I think the area beyond has been cleared. I'm usually the first to enter any building, usually just a passenger on a Sunderer because I know the second that sundy hits a place near my objective I'll be the first one out and running. When I do hit kill streaks, I tend to hit 8-12 at CQC unlike you who prattles on about the merits of the T5 at medium range.

The difference between us is that I take risks and I don't care about a useless stat. Keep babbling Gunshooter.

And no I still don't think the horizontal recoil is anything to comment on. You are right I didn't notice it before because I played VS in beta, but even with TR weapons it's so easily compensated for that I've never noticed it.
    • Up x 1
  5. MorteDeAmgelis

C4 is situational and there are many times that I wished I had it, but then again I use Regen kits (less certs) instead cause the number of times I have poped one of those then killed the guy that was following me is priceless!

I have killed some MAXs 1v1 with the carbine, guranteed they were always non-supported bursters still funny to do. Yes 1 C4 would kill them outright but I rarely die to C4 expect when I come in at a predictable angle and nothing more.

In my mind any type of "Health Boost" is kinda redundant as you ONLY ever see the effects of the boost when you Health goes BELOW 100%. Yes its there "all the time" but it only ever comes into play when you have lost your original health.
    I take shield cap over everything for the simple fact is the shield is always their and the shield will soak up 2 - 3 shots (more at range) rather then 1. I got max on the sheild cap at it takes like 2 - 3 secs out of combat to recharge to full, life saver on many occasions.

Also lvl 6 JJ do work as me and a friend with lvl 3 tested them out and I had a significantly longer durations and recharge. The duration and the recharge is not what the tooltip says (its below can't remember numbers) but other then that it works.

With my LA (NC) I use
    GD-7F - Reflex (NV for Night Fights)
    - Soft Point
    - Suppessor (cause I am always looking at the mini-map to sneak around and for those pesky infils!)
    - Laser Sight (Adv Laser for this particular Carbine)

And I love it with
    - lvl 6 JJ
    - lvl 5 Shield Cap
    - 2 Regen Kits

And thats how I play my LA. If you got trigger discipline and good at judging bullet drop then you can go more mid - longish ranges. Have Sniped a few Infils when they stand still for too long and its a CQC King (NC Wise) imo and 164 kills off the aux medal! :p.
    I used the Merc thoughtout Beta and its better all-round just not at CQC.

I am personally going to get the GD-23 at some-point for when I am in more open enviroments for longer range fighting
    GD-23 - 4x or 6x not sure
    - HV ammo
    - Compensator
    - Grip (Just to reduce ANY recoil)

my 2cents
  6. Conq

You don't have to play LA like a woman, perching in trees or hiding on a roof. I affix my laser sight like a bayonet and charge into the action like an assault class. Of course, my enemies are usually faced in the opposite direction but still, it's a charge.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nambu

You have no idea...
    1 vehicle often turns out to be a sunderer (yes I know it doesn't kill it from full, but it seems most sundys I see are not full). 1 sunderer can turn the tide of battle, on top of getting you a crap ton of kills in the collateral. Or killing 1 turret that is pinning down your sunderer as you approach a base. Or getting that tank that is shelling your teammates. C4 is worthless in the zerg where there is always 1 more to take its place, but in small to medium play its a clutch move.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nuubo

Sure, I ve had plenty of C4s not killing their targets, but I ve also had plenty that killed 4 people or more. Its the same with grenades, sometimes you just waste the nade and kill nothing..... that doesnt make them less usefull.

I doubt that, seeing as I am an "explosives" junkie and even on my Engineer I prefer running around map, blowing stuff up with mines, rather than staying with the zerg and farming cert points with my repair gun/ammo packs.

I dont really think they are THAT expensive. If you compare cert cost to the MAX upgrades, the C4 is very cheap. And if you compare the resource cost to the amount I use on my Engineer, it is also very cheap. :)

Well, I did get the resto kits first too, used them quite frequently aswell..... then I ve got the first C4 and never equiped the resto kits again. Playstyle difference, I guess.
  9. ChironV

Been playing LA since first day of beta. (Jets were broke of course)

Best sequence order for certs.

Get Jets up to 3. (Currently, maxing out gives no benefit.)
    Use gun that can take Underbarrel attachment.
    2X Reflex sight.
    Underbarrel Grenade launcher.
    softpoint ammo
    More ammo suit cert up to 2
    C4
    Silencer
    Med Packs up to 2
    Flash Grenade.

This gives you staying power with more ammo and med kits.
    Silencer keeps you off radar.
    Underbarrel launcher gives you way to gib at a distance.
    Softpoint ammo helps kill them faster.
    C4 is awesome especially with remote killing. (flip a terminal, slap a brick down, run like hell, wait for the instant it flutters and "click" profit.)
    Flash grenade can blind a room full of enemies.

You need the med paks and suit cert for more ammo because you will never be with the main zerg and near medics or engies. Your life as LA is running, running, running across rooftops or any other hard to reach area. Lonely, yes. Still fun as hell.
  10. Darkian

I find that running High Velocity ammo with the Silencer works better, since it lets you counter the effects of the silencer, while still not showing up on the radar. Soft point has actually been data mined and it doesn't increase damage; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=13
  11. Wolfwood82

I guess that's the difference between us huh? You go solo rambo after a sunderer. If I decide I need to take one out, I bring a tank, not a couple of packets of C4 and a prayer that no one spots me, relying on what is probably an exploited bug.

I have plenty of idea, I spent months in beta playing with C4. I know exactly what it's worth and as it stands, it's not worth it. Especially not something to grab as one of your first certs.

You can ask yourself a very simple question. Spend 700 certs and thousands of resources to carry 2 blocks of explosives and destroy 1 or 2 vehicles or maybe 5 infantry at a time? Or spend 130 or 150 certs for 2 medkits and extend your kill streaks and take out 8, 10, 12, 15 targets? I prefer the later, it's just a more efficient use of resources.

C4 is a minor strategic advantage. Medkits are a huge tactical advantage.
  12. Scrimps

There is a lot of bad information in this thread. Especially if you are an NC player. Let me break it down.

* LA is not just a CQC class. They are an ambush class. If you are running head first into people or running around on the ground like Rambo. You suck. It may seem harsh, but you do.

* Considering LA is an ambush class, it means we can both be good at CQC and Mid to long range fighting. If you are arguing that we are exclusively a CQC class, or a mid to long range class, you once again suck. we can do both, since the objective is to sneak up behind enemies and from angels they do not expect.

* With this in mind, you can build your LA in various ways. Here are two examples. My friend builds his with a Piston (shotgun), laser sights, extended mag, adrenalin rush stuff like that. Although he is a CQC fighter, he does so by dropping down and ambushing his opponents. His KD is about 4 to 1, only playing LA, not abusing OP ESF's and vehicals. I, on the other hand, use the Compact Guass S, with a nade launcher (even though it's bugged), NS scope, compensator. I have nanoweave armor as well. I ambush people by shooting them from areas of the map they do not expect at mid-range. I also get above sunderers and take them out with C4, and kill massive groups of people with my bugged out nade launcher. My K/D is the same as my friends.

* The argument between flak and nanoweave is pointless. If you play mid-range you use nano. If you play at close ranges you use flak. You could use flak armor at mid-range, but if you are getting hit by nades and tanks you would be much better off becoming a better player.

* C4 is very good, but it all comes down to how you want to play. If you want to use your C4 to ambush people by spawns, to take out groups of people, or to finish off already hurt tanks and what not, then you only need 1 cert to start. If you want to use your C4 only to kill vehicals, then get two quickly. It's that simple. Personally, although I have two, I find myself using them on MAX units and areas where the enemy groups up far more then on lightnings or enemy tanks. Eventually you obviously want to get two points into it.

* Jump Jets are bugged, however it would be good to max them out. They will obviously be fixed, and when they are, you want to have as many points into them as you can. You don't want to have to re-grind certs.

-----------------------------------------------
    IF YOU ARE AN NC LA
    -----------------------------------------------

* If you are an NC LA, you are at a massive disadvantage. Our carbines are garbage. We really only have one good one. The GD-7F. However, you are limited when it comes to attachments. It is our only high-fire rate carbine, and it is 100 percent worthless at range. To put it in perspective, the TRAC-5 S of the TR, is just about as good when it comes to TTK, has a long range, less recoil, the same bloom and can equip a full range of attachments. The rest of our carbines are medium or slow firing pieces of ****. You will lose when you hipfire someone if you are equal skill and do not get the jump on them. It's simply mathematics, and all the chart data is out there, feel free to google it.

* Do not use the ******* RED-DOT. I seem so many people telling LA to get this. The NC LA Reflex scope has a bigger red-dot then the VS or TR. Meaning at any type of range, it will always been less accurate. Period. The larger the red-dot, the less you can accurectly fire your gun at a specific part of the persons body. Instead. buy the 1X NV scope. It allows you to sign the two enemies much better, it is a 1X so it doesn't **** the bed with our recoil, and it allows us to aim very precisely unlike our gigantic red-dot.

* Although the GD-7F is a good carbine that lacks attachments. Take a look at the Piston for CQC. It is hands down the NC's best shotgun, and you will never, EVER get out-gunned with it, if thats your playstyle. Do NOT GET SLUG AMMO. It's garbage. All the people suggesting it are bad.
  13. Wolfwood82

You obviously don't understand the nature of the argument. It's not "which is better", it's "having more then 2-3 points in nanoweave is pointless and this is why" and it's backed by math.

You are also full of yourself and have a lot of personal opinions. These things work for you and your friend. Good for you. I don't personally like slug ammo but hell I like a lot of things that other people say is garbage (I don't use shotguns for CQC for example).
  14. MarlboroMan-E

HV does not balance out the suppressor. I thought it would, but I was finding my AMC to be ineffective at range...then I took the suppressor off. Different weapon entirely.
  15. Nuubo

Yeah, sure.... why take out enemy sunderer now, when you can go back to the base and get a tank..... why didnt I think of it earlier? :)

On a more serious note, surely even you did get into a situation where you thought: "Damn, I wish I had a C4 with me right now.".
  16. bronadius

I agree with the person who said it all depends on your play style and what you wanna do. What faction you are can play into this also.

I am Vanu and I have the VX6-7 with laser dot and 1x zoom red dot. I use soft point. I really want to get the the ammo upgrade I have nanoweave and hate running out of ammo behind enemy lines. I play a very aggressive style with this set up Jetting into bases thinning out the defenders trying to make it easier for the ground forces to get close and conquer it. Many times I wish I had resto kits when I am low on health and the C4 is not always useful so that slot is up to you. Its a utility slot and that is exactly what it offers some utility.

I want to build a second setup with the pulsar c that is little more hide in trees and roof top setup offering me longer range on my engagements.

Honestly you need to upgrade your jump jets what ever gun you settle on first as that makes it easier to get kills and earn more certs to unlock other stuff.
  17. Vorpal

Wait, what? Wow well, thanks for the info!

I was about to try to buy a trac5s because it could fit a compensator. If the compensator is broken there's no need to go with the trac5s over the trac 5, right?

I assume foregrip works?
  18. Ashur

The answer is maybe, people have been testing it and the results on most are "doesn't work, the only thing you're seeing is placebo effect" but some keep saying that they tested it and that it definitely affects aim at long distance, naturally they provided no videos actually demonstrating this so it's all a bit iffy.

I'd honestly suggest you put the laser sights attachment instead (not sure if that's the same slot) as it tightens your non aim-down-sights fire cone making you better at close quarters by a nice margin.
  19. ritual

Personally, I say **** everything and go balls to the wall with adrenaline pump and the pulsar-c + laser rail + IRNV... basically you just never stop running unless you're shooting, in which case you start strafing while hipfiring. The IRNV is great imo for situations where you're camped up and trying to pick targets out, and the high contrast helps a lot in biodomes/on esamir. Jetpack 2 or 3, can't remember which.

I run with C4 most of the time because it's fun, even though regen is probably more useful. There's really not much better than C4ing a max + his engie buddy, or flying up to a n00b mosquito pilot that thinks he can just hover and tossing a brick in his face.

I usually go regen in big infantry fights if there aren't any maxes around though. You can just feel everyone getting pissed off at you as you keep coming back again and again with full health. Honestly with regen kits your biggest threat is running out of ammo xD
  20. Nuubo

You can have compensator and laser sight at the same time - different slots.