Kill cam coming to game soon, then akimbo smgs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Phyr

No. It could hurt the lone wolf, but "flanking ops" will be spotted as soon as they start firing. The more people you add to the mix the more opportunity to be spotted, regardless of this change. Put those uber leet skills to use, and move away from your last location. It doesn't matter if they know where you were, if you're no longer there.
  2. Wobberjockey

you REALLY don' get it do you.

ok.
    there is more to this game than zerging from point a to point b in continuous attack.

sometimes territory needs to be held in defense.

example: Quartz ridge to havar north.
    the TR attacked, and the main VS force met them on the road.

i sat on the west valley hill and picked off the HA's aiming at our tanks, and the medics reviving them. nobody knew where i was because silencer, and long range. i picked a good spot.

now. there is VERY little repositioning room there, and really, as an embedded defensive sniper repositioning can be bad. i want them to come to me! not the other way around.

also, earlier this week we did the same thing with heavies using silencers and lancers. we hit their tanks from behind in a coordinated effort.

again this IS NOT just about lone world flanking ops. that is a small facet you are continually harping on to ignore the larger detriment to the game.
    the lone sniper is just the easiest example to illustrate as to how this change hurts all flankers since we do it more often.
    • Up x 4
  3. Phyr

You accomplished nothing on your own, except to pad your k/d. A group of people isn't going to remain stealthy when they open fire, especially if they're using lancers. Maybe YOU don't get it. Mountains out of mole hills is all I see here.
  4. Wobberjockey

as someone who has seen entire pushes hinge on the life of a single tank, sunderer, or medic, i 'm just going to take a guess and say you are the one on a limb here.
    entire facility assaults have survived because a room full of infantry was revived by one platoon medics rez grenade
    one tank has single handedly taken out entire squads
    one sunderer... well gosh this should be obvious. biolab assaults hinge on getting a second spawn point up so that 2 sides can be attacked at once.

ONE PLAYER MATTERS.
    ONE DEATH MATTERS.
    ONE KILL MATTERS.

i'm giving you examples. If you are incapable of seeing past the exact situation to the play style i am describing, you have nothing further to add and should leave before further embarrassing yourself in front of the community as a whole.
    • Up x 3
  5. Revanmug

I'm just waiting for a Martyrdom tree or implant to help "newb" player. Death streak bonus is the rage in nowadays FPS.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phyr

Wrong. In a 48+v48+ 1 person is a fart in the wind.

I can give just as many examples to counter yours. Theory crafting only goes so far, but keep crying and throwing a fit, while other people do the legwork and actually try the change, then put fourth ideas on improving/removing it.
  7. Wobberjockey

1. sorry, but that is not the reality, and you know it. i've missed that headshot on a medic, and my team lost a biolab because of it. deny all you want, but 1 person matters.

2. last i was able to get on the PTS we still had the same poor system that we all despise...
    so... i tried it. don't like it, continue to oint out situations on live where it will be ruinous to gameplay. and i have a few threads on how to accomplish SOE's goals without using the kill cam.

what more do you want from me? because i'm sure as hell not going to agree with you that the killcam is necessary and won't change a thing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Phyr

1: lol, as if
    2: try harder

I never said it was necessary, I never even said I liked it or wanted it.
  9. Tuco

Nope. Slippery slope is an excellent argument, and it's been increasingly getting more applicable every year.
    • Up x 1
  10. Heyitsrobbie1984

Would love to dual weild 2 cyclone SMGs. that would wreck face
  11. Wobberjockey

then why argue in its favor?
  12. Phyr

That's how discussions work, and I play forumside on hardmode, which usually means arguing for the unpopular opinion.