Kill cam coming to game soon, then akimbo smgs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. sustainedfire

Reading the patch notes for the test server, it seems the new death screen is going to give you a map to the exact point of your killer.

It seems like a terrible idea. The ability to flank and or gain a high ground position is already limited in this game, to give away a successful players position is a punch to the gut.

Everyone knows what game this is taking a cue from, and its not feeling like a positive addition. Its been hinted at for some time that when Light Assault gets an update, they will receive the ability to dual wield weapons. Whats next, companion dogs? Why not, make pets an addition to the game, its an MMO and that's a popular game feature.

Might as well change the name of the game to Planetside 2: Ghost Warfare to fit the new direction of the game.
    • Up x 13
  2. Phyr

Slippery slope arguments are bad, and you should feel bad.
    • Up x 5
  3. Nyscha

If you are not going to add anything meaningful to a thread don't post.
    • Up x 1
  4. Phyr

If you're thread is a waste of space and prime for locking and/or trolling, you shouldn't make it in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  5. z1967

two smgs? double the dakka, double the spray, half the TTK... What could possibly go wrong? (I really hope they reconsider the akimbo weapons or at the very least make it sidearm only).
    • Up x 1
  6. TheFamilyGhost

We are well on the slippery slope. Looka t all the stuff that has been watered down- the game is getting easier and easier- drama is being taken out, ande now Fog Of War.

I think zombies and PvE will be next.
    • Up x 6
  7. Phazaar

Slippery slope arguments are bad, but only when used to denounce a good idea because it could theoretically lead to a (normally massively overexaggerated) bad idea... Like 'No to gay marriage because the logical next step is allowing humans to marry animals, and children to marry their parents'.

When it's ANOTHER point against an already bad idea, it's pretty valid... For example, 'No to allowing children to marry their parents because the next logical step is to allow humans to marry animals.'... It's certainly not the ONLY reason to oppose an idea, but it really should factor in to the discussion.
    • Up x 2
  8. Linedan

"YES!! 25 killstreak!"

*click*

*BOO-WEET BOO-WEET BOO-WEET* "ORBITAL STRIKE INBOUND!"

*sigh*
  9. AltF4Fun

there is no way they can make akimbo weapons balanced.Who came up with that idea.Its horrible....
    • Up x 4
  10. Flapatax

Meh. All these changes are inconsequential until resource revamp and cont lock implementation.

Anyways, finally everyone who thinks the game is easy will have the KDRs and various other metrics to back it up, right?

You essentially make them unusable out of 10M with obscene reload times, I imagine is what will happen.
    • Up x 1
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

If they give kill cams infiltrators will become useless.
    • Up x 3
  12. XxSmokeTreesxX

I think that adding a kill cam would be sweet I always want to see where that camping little ****** was hiding when he killed me and dual wielding weapons sounds awesome too every class should be able to dual wield machine guns. Also when I MLG 360 no-scope people I want them to see me tea-bagging LOL
    • Up x 1
  13. Samblak

Most of us seen all of this coming as soon as the official announcement of this game being released to PS4 . It's quite obvious that the PC version is basically being used as a beta for the PS4 version. This game is turning into the console version.
    • Up x 5
  14. Wobberjockey

since i failed TWICE at getting the thread posted correctly...
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/death-screen-feedback.177200/

this is what Higby and Co want us to have people: it's on the PTS RIGHT NOW

[IMG]

if this goes live, flanking will be a 1 shot tactic at best.

snipers? forget about counter sniping from unusual angles. you're made after the first headshot

LA's on the roof? the entire outfit knows you are up there after your first kill

HA squad ambushing tanks? prepare to be liberated into oblivion after that tanker lets everyone know where you were.

if Low br's need this than fine, but for anyone over BR20? this one little snippet here is enough for me to find you, and hunt you down.
    • Up x 11
  15. AltF4Fun

I personally wouldnt make one step in a tower,even with these changes.....
    • Up x 1
  16. Flapatax

Well, assuming they don't move like an idiot.

It's similar to attacking an NC tower, but LA's will have less health than a skillsuit.
  17. UberBonisseur

Actually...
  18. Phyr

You can already figure out where they are using hit indicators. You guys are crying over nothing, again.
    • Up x 2
  19. ncDieseL

Light Assault as a class has become largely irrelevant after recent nerfs, notable the ADS nerfs and the hip-fire nerfs. It needs something to make it a useful class again, the jetpack is great, but it is the ONLY thing the class has got going for it, everything else is available for other classes. Akimbo doesn't sound like a bad idea, I would imagine you could only akimbo secondary weapons (like stalker) and a new secondary in the form of an low accuracy low damage SMG (Uzi style) will probably be added.
  20. Wobberjockey

a hit indicator doesn't do much if i'm sniping you from behind and hitting you in the head. this is something.
    besides, the kill line is on the PTS. i don't want every AFK weekend warrior to know where my flanking position is AFTER ONE KILL. it's a detriment to everyone who flanks, and a nerf to situational awareness.
    why watch my surroundings and hit indicators WHEN A LINE CAN DO IT FOR ME!

even then. if i make it behind enemy lines, using silenced gear i paid good certs for, why should they know i was behind them and not in front of them?
    • Up x 6