Kill cam coming to game soon, then akimbo smgs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Botji

Whats the point of wanting a killcam if as you say, they arent there when you get back there?

Killing someone shouldnt give them the advantage... and I shouldnt have to explain why, its fairly obvious.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phyr

I couldn't care less about this change, I'm here for arguments sake.
  3. Phyr

So when you take your shot, they're going to know where you were, which means you should be anywhere but there. Now, since they knew where you used to be, if they care enough to come hunt you down you can wait for them in a different location, and kill them again.

Of course, if you're the type of player that thinks skill is purely measured in your ability to kill people unawares, then you'd kinda, sorta, be right. (but still wrong)
    • Up x 1
  4. MasonSTL

I agree with Phyr. This new system only shows what we already know. And if you guys haven't seen the thread below Higby said that if the killer wasn't spotted a 15° cone will be pointing in the general direction of the killer. If the killer was spotted (a hard spot, not like the blip that shows up when using the recon radar on a flash or the motion sensor gun) before he killed you then it will draw a line to him. So basically it will show his exact position if someone already found him and spotted him.

And no knowing where the shot from a sniper came from isn't hard.

doesn't matter how far away you are I look in that general direction, I will see you.

ADDITIONALLY: Akimbo SMGs wouldn't work, but akimbo pistols would. Just take away ADS and once you have to reload "akimbo mode" turns off and reduce hip fire accuracy and increase reload time. Would be awesome for LAs! ;)
  5. DeadliestMoon

I happen to be lucky in love at the moment thank you very much.
    But yeah, the Canister is the tighest spread shotgun in the game besides the Jackhammer
  6. DeadliestMoon

Then maybe you should read posts more often, im all for it and LA are not a pure stealth class, its a frontline class that happens to be adept in flanking.
  7. WyrdHarper

If by "pull a BCP" you mean "run with players who know what they're doing," then sure.
  8. DeadliestMoon

No i mean have players at your becone call.
  9. WyrdHarper

Again, there's a big difference between having competent medics in the area because your platoon/outfit/faction isn't made of jabbering monkeys and having personal retainers. Half the time I'm ressed by random medics (though usually with tags). I lead a lot and so that probably helps, but generally it holds true for pretty much everyone I know that if you're playing with the team you'll get a rez--and usually as long as you're remotely close to the team you'll still get one. I get that every server is different, but I cannot believe that having medics and engineers doing their jobs is such a rare phenomenon.
  10. Kociboss

This basically encourages you to hump the zerg 24/7. For safety.

Who came up with this? Man, what happened to concealement and all that good stuff? :/

I hope it won't go live.
    • Up x 1
  11. NoobBall

Remove showing killer's postition D:
    • Up x 1
  12. Jokkie

"Front line class"...what does that even mean? To me a "front line class" is the heavy because of the shield they have. Any LA trying to play like a HA will die quick. LA are best at getting to nice spots and picking off people or like you said flanking, and dropping c4. The kill cam lessens the effectiveness of that. Perhaps you should play LA more often?
    • Up x 1
  13. Vanon

Show everyone these hints that your talking about, i would love to see them. Basicly your arguement has the same credability that if gay people marry, we will have people marrying dogs and cats. The stupidity of the slippery slope arguement is that it assumes that a borderline idea is the same as an extreme idea. You have probly smoked a cigarette or drank a beer. It's just a short bit till your smoking crack and drinking bleach!
  14. Inex

I will accept miniature pet Vanguards, but only if they come with Lumifiber.
    • Up x 2
  15. sustainedfire

The comparison of observations of what is happening within a video game to civil rights and substance abuse is a bit extreme.

The "adding pets" line was intended as humor, though the dual wielding has been revealed for some time.

Here you go, read the second line:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...y-tentative-class-revamp-light-assault.82988/

Sometimes adopting an aspect from a competitor game is a nice nod- though when you start adding design material that people dislike about other games, it becomes a bit frustrating.
  16. Wobberjockey

really... so if i hit you in the head, first shot, you know where it came from, huh?
    • Up x 1
  17. Phyr

Yes, why do we need to keep repeating this?
  18. Wobberjockey

because it fails to jive with reality.
    i've seen many targets up to br 100 CLULESS as to where clean head shots came from.

and you are claiming that you know every time with 100% accuracy

you are either the best player the game has seen, or simply full of it
    either way we shouldn't be balancing the game around your experience.

a quick search of the players database show no players hove BR10, so i'm inclined to guess the latter
  19. Phyr

When did I say 100% of the time? Do you always know where a body shot came from? No, sometimes you miss the indicator. My point, which you keep missing, is that regardless of where you hit me, I can see the hit indicator.
  20. Wobberjockey

AH! so you admit to being human!

and that is the crux of the argument here: that a player can miss the hit indicator.
    there is no way to miss the line, or even the big 15 degree cone that points behind you.

which means that this will be detrimental to flanking ops and attacking enemies from unexpected angles.