Kill cam coming to game soon, then akimbo smgs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DeadliestMoon

No consequences for dying? The consequence is that you are taken out of the fight, and theres a revive timer now so unless you have a medic on you at all times......
    • Up x 1
  2. Inex

So the desperate horror future that the kill-map will usher in, is that sometimes your squad will be able to pinpoint a sniper in 1 shot instead of 2.

My knees tremble, and not entirely due to age and infirmity.
  3. UberBonisseur

Lo and behold, if the sniper MISSES the shot, he's spotted and no one dies !
    Considering he can already be spotted from the first shot he fires, why is this feature even a thing ?!

A better idea comes to mind:
    • Up x 2
  4. Inex

I understand how tiring the mental gymnastics required to both argue that this feature will destroy gameplay, and that your are so pro that you are already able to figure out the things that it's telling you must be.

Sit back, relax. Take a load off those tired clichés.

Some people haven't played PS2 for hundreds of days. I know, that seems weird. PS2 is a good game after all. But there are people who haven't, so they don't know all the ins and outs. Tools like this help them figure out things like 'LAs enjoy hiding in the baffling around radio towers'. And in doing so, they can eliminate some of the knowledge gap and leave the gameplay to the skill gap instead. It's kind of like having hundreds of tiny tutorial videos, only instead of telling you how to fly backwards they tell you how to become more like the people who kill you.

And as much as I'd love to believe the people who keep arguing that this will get abused to the same extent that using spawn beacons to Sundy-bomb was, the number of people complaining that they know how to do this anyway and don't appreciate new players being given a crutch to match their awesome mind powers makes it harder to believe. But it's ok: Sundy-bombing was basically removed, and if this manages to be abused I'm sure that it will be too (after several months, granted).
    • Up x 1
  5. UberBonisseur

That's me !

[IMG]

You know what's an even lower common denominator than killcams ?
    Reading text.

Tips are good.
    Illustrated tips are even better.
    Animated tips are the best

Killcams are unecessary.
    • Up x 9
  6. Maljas23

Not good. Hope they serious reconsider this. Get the feeling this will go Live anyways though..

Where are the legions of players who were asking for a Kill cam? Because, I have seen no mention or discussion of needing one, on Forumside 2 nor reddit.

I'd like to have a few words.
    • Up x 5
  7. Maljas23

Finding it hard to believe you are actually for this kind of change.
    • Up x 1
  8. Inex

Sometimes it's so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye.
  9. Phazaar

Your first sentence is nonsense. This gives an advantage to dying; spontaneous location of your opponent. Given that dying can only last for a single second before being instantly rezzed, I'd say it's a fair bet that people will stand still when they know there's a sniper shooting them and their buddy has a med gun. Then it's just duck and weave to the marked spot. I know for sure that we've abused this in BF before... Can't see a reason people won't behave the same here.

Your second and third sentences I hope are jokes... Otherwise you really do have a level of sociopathy I wouldn't expect from anyone less than BCP...
  10. DeadliestMoon

Im sorry, you actually refer to your outfit mates as friends? More power to you then.
  11. sustainedfire

Having the game draw you a map to your killers location is raising the skill ceiling?

Quiet the opposite.

With the limited area where a person can flank in the game, without running into insurmountable foothills, paths carved up a mountain that you can traverse all the way to the top and then cannot crest the very top because the developer thought it would be funny, and a significant number of bases that allow for single entryway - highlighting your location for an enemy you successfully stalked and killed is just bad design.
    • Up x 3
  12. Phazaar

You seriously think it's impossible to make a friend without standing in front of them?

How close do you have to stand? 1 metre? 2? 5? Could you make a friend over a fence? How about through a window? What about via video, or telephone?

You must either have some crazy trust issues, or really put faaaaar too much value in the word 'friend'. If you came round my house once and I didn't think you were a ****, I'd probably consider you a friend... Hell, facebook would probably confirm it for me and all... I might not trust you with my secret desires, or to hold my car keys for the day, but you're still a decent person as far as I know so far, and I've no reason to discount you (yet) from being a friend.
  13. DeadliestMoon

Thats not how the world works, as much as I wish it would.
  14. WyrdHarper

If you don't have a medic on you at all times, you're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 1
  15. wave

KILL CAM QUADRANT
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  16. Wobberjockey

i'm a strong proponent of a 45 degree cone, heck even a 20 degree cone with a wider cone for a silencer.
    i would have been ok with a single direction line that went on into infinity too

the fact that it shows YOUR EXACT POSITION is way to much.
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadliestMoon

So youre gonna pull a BCP?
  18. smokemaker

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

no to deathcam or anything like it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bad bad bad

i hope if game goes live with this, it dies.
  19. Phazaar

Man, life must have been hard so far. Get some love in your heart and realise it doesn't matter how the world works, just how you do ;)

Now let's get back to forumsiding. Nerf C85 Canister! SO OP.
  20. Jokkie

Less people are going to play LA now, and infantry huddled behind cover are going to have a much harder time. The tracers are more than enough in this game, and I feel they are actually too much. I also don't recall anyone requesting this in game chat or on the forums.